Author Topic: the GOVERNMENT MAKES MARIJUANA a "GATEWAY DRUG"  (Read 450 times)

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
the GOVERNMENT MAKES MARIJUANA a "GATEWAY DRUG"
« on: November 09, 2004, 07:22:08 PM »
A-the smoker, B-non smoker

example:2 teenagers have been best friends for a long time. one of them smokes, but the other one doesn't know it, and he hasn't brought it up to his friend in fear of his friend not being cool with him anymore. both of them are good kids, and A wouldnt fit the typical "stoner" stereo-type.
he gets good grades, rarely gets in trouble, and just handles his business. one day they are sitting around, and its kinda beat. they are watching tv and they see one of those free-vibe anti-pot commercials, and A thinks to himself "this would be the perfect time to see what he thinks about smoking", so he asks him in a joking manner, and B says that he has never tried it, but he likes to keep an open mind on things. A asks him if he would want to try it, and he hesitates a little, because of all the things that have been fed to him through our government. they are about to go somewhere now, and being the adventorous, and curious type that teenagers usually are, B asks A if he had ever smoked before, A thinks its a good time to "come clean" with it now, so he responds and tells him that he does it every once in awhile. without being "peer pressured" B then asks him if he happens to have any at the moment. A says yeah, and he could try it if he wanted to. B tries it out, and finds out its nothing like how its been told to him. he enjoys it, and later down the line he starts smoking more often. one day, hes chillin with someone else and the guy asks him if he has ever tried crack before?
after finding out that weed isnt so bad, he decides to give it a shot. he gets hooked on it, and unlike weed, he cant stop doing it whenever he wants. hes constantly wasting money on it, going into withdraw, in and out of counseling, and his life has completely went into the ground. anyway, the point of the example is that the government is filling young kids minds with propaganda about marijuana, and once they find out that its untrue, they dont trust what they have to say about other drugs anymore...

or am i reaching?
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re: the GOVERNMENT MAKES MARIJUANA a "GATEWAY DRUG"
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2004, 07:53:10 PM »
lets stay out of tot... :).. na im just kiddin u got a small point

Westcoastin'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Revenge is the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2004, 08:08:08 PM »
A-the smoker, B-non smoker

example:2 teenagers have been best friends for a long time. one of them smokes, but the other one doesn't know it, and he hasn't brought it up to his friend in fear of his friend not being cool with him anymore. both of them are good kids, and A wouldnt fit the typical "stoner" stereo-type.
he gets good grades, rarely gets in trouble, and just handles his business. one day they are sitting around, and its kinda beat. they are watching tv and they see one of those free-vibe anti-pot commercials, and A thinks to himself "this would be the perfect time to see what he thinks about smoking", so he asks him in a joking manner, and B says that he has never tried it, but he likes to keep an open mind on things. A asks him if he would want to try it, and he hesitates a little, because of all the things that have been fed to him through our government. they are about to go somewhere now, and being the adventorous, and curious type that teenagers usually are, B asks A if he had ever smoked before, A thinks its a good time to "come clean" with it now, so he responds and tells him that he does it every once in awhile. without being "peer pressured" B then asks him if he happens to have any at the moment. A says yeah, and he could try it if he wanted to. B tries it out, and finds out its nothing like how its been told to him. he enjoys it, and later down the line he starts smoking more often. one day, hes chillin with someone else and the guy asks him if he has ever tried crack before?
after finding out that weed isnt so bad, he decides to give it a shot. he gets hooked on it, and unlike weed, he cant stop doing it whenever he wants. hes constantly wasting money on it, going into withdraw, in and out of counseling, and his life has completely went into the ground. anyway, the point of the example is that the government is filling young kids minds with propaganda about marijuana, and once they find out that its untrue, they dont trust what they have to say about other drugs anymore...

or am i reaching?

worth the read
been rockin' longer than niggas twice my age
back in the days before Bob Marley was rockin' a fade
before Honest Abe signed the paper that freed slaves
before Neanderthals was drawing on walls in caves
I existed, in the garden of Eden gettin' lifted
stickin' dick to Eve before she was Adam's mistress
before Christ created Christmas, I been in lyrical fitness
the Canibus is spittin' til' he's spitless - Canibus

Don Seer

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2004, 01:41:20 AM »

there is is truth in it..

i started out smoking weed... ended up doing some speed, ketamine and lots of LSD and some shrooms.. i dont do anything these days..

nearly *all* my friends here outside work do E's, MDMA powder, speed & cocaine regularly.. one is a former heroin addict and has been in jail coz he got caught stealing to feed that shit.. 

i find it hard to meet people that dont do lots of drugs! how loco is that?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2004, 06:42:05 AM »
no, weed is good.
alcohol is worse and everybody acts like it's nothing, especially in europe.
I wanna slap exactly anyone who drinks and talks shit about weed-heads.
I also dont see why you would do crack just because youre smoking weed lol?
That's like saying you smoke weed in a consequence to smoking tabacco or something.
Everybody knows crack is havier than weed. If they smoke crack, they know it's a few levels harder. They know it, and they want it. It's their thang.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2004, 08:51:20 AM »
no, weed is good.
That's like saying you smoke weed in a consequence to smoking tabacco or something.
Everybody knows crack is havier than weed. If they smoke crack, they know it's a few levels harder. They know it, and they want it. It's their thang.
of course they wouldn't start out going straight to crack. it would most likely be shrooms next, but i just didn't feel like making up any more story along the line. young kids are very impressionable, and i made it apparent this was geared to the younger generation. i smoke bud too. im just smart enough to stay out of the other shit. im not trying to make this into a "weed is good" thread though, maybe next time. i did steal the spotlight before. ;D
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

acbaylove

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2004, 09:26:24 AM »
i find it hard to meet people that dont do lots of drugs!

Wassup? ::)

Don Seer

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2004, 09:33:44 AM »
its true.. all my friends ever do when we go out is take a few E's in the course of the night.. spend the whole time going on about how amazing it is.. * while they're sat doing nothing * not dancing or anything!.. then a few hours later they start gurning...

acbaylove

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2004, 10:02:10 AM »
its true.. all my friends ever do when we go out is take a few E's in the course of the night.. spend the whole time going on about how amazing it is.. * while they're sat doing nothing * not dancing or anything!.. then a few hours later they start gurning...

If they are happy that way.. i got nothing against it. I dance and fuck. ;D :)

tommyilromano

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2004, 08:58:09 AM »
no, weed is good.

Everybody has thier "drug." Some people eat too much, some people smoke cigs, and some smoke weed. Religion can also be a drug for some people who get too wrapped up in it. Anything in excess probably isn't good. There are certain things people should probably never do... like smoke crack, drink gasoline, etc... People just need to use common sense.

acbaylove

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2004, 09:58:07 AM »
no, weed is good.

Everybody has thier "drug." Some people eat too much, some people smoke cigs, and some smoke weed. Religion can also be a drug for some people who get too wrapped up in it. Anything in excess probably isn't good. There are certain things people should probably never do... like smoke crack, drink gasoline, etc... People just need to use common sense.

Exactly.

rafsta

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2004, 06:15:29 PM »
no, weed is good.

crime wise alcohol is worse, weed is a gateway drug coz its mind wasted, it can open doors in ure brain, alcohol youre body gets fucked up, its no gateway drug... not everyone will go from weed to crack, but someone that smokes weed prolly has a real high chance of tryin other drugs...

Trauma-san

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2004, 08:36:16 PM »
I think what it boils down to is the people that are likely to not have a problem smoking pot are the type of people that probably wouldn't have a problem doing a little speed or X or something as well.  It's not really a gateway drug, just that it's the easiest to get, so likely the first anybody tries.  they try other drugs not because the weed makes them crave them, but because their personality (already exibited by their willingness to smoke sticks) is such that they are open to doing drugs. 

My personality is totally different, I don't crave drugs, so I'm not likely to do any.

Jimmy Cash2120

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2004, 01:45:50 PM »
I think what it boils down to is the people that are likely to not have a problem smoking pot are the type of people that probably wouldn't have a problem doing a little speed or X or something as well.  It's not really a gateway drug, just that it's the easiest to get, so likely the first anybody tries.  they try other drugs not because the weed makes them crave them, but because their personality (already exibited by their willingness to smoke sticks) is such that they are open to doing drugs. 

My personality is totally different, I don't crave drugs, so I'm not likely to do any.

I smoke weed about every day

someone who smokes weed is more likely to use other drugs

we need to stop spending so much on the drug war and spend more on education
we should be teaching kids about the dangers of drugs and not busting Joe Potsmoker for having half a gram in his pocket

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2004, 01:58:27 PM »
i feel you on the pot part, but to say it leads to crack is stupid.

You gotta be pretty stupid to think weed and crack are basically the same. However ive never done crack, so maybe its just the governments propoganda working in me.  ;D