Author Topic: Anyone Here Thinking About Becoming A Firefighter?  (Read 149 times)

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Anyone Here Thinking About Becoming A Firefighter?
« on: November 08, 2004, 10:42:29 AM »
If you are, and actually persuing it I was wondering if you know if any websites that are helpful.  Any sites with sample written tests, interview questions, or anything that I could use.

I'm applying for the first time and my application has to be in the three weeks and the written test is in a month.
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

Don Seer

Re: Anyone Here Thinking About Becoming A Firefighter?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2004, 11:26:27 AM »
nope...

i thought there was a huge physical fitness part to play in the process ?

Acgrundy

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2004, 12:03:37 PM »
it would be a cool job.  its way more about who you know rather than what you know.  there is always a loooooooong list of people trying to become a firefighter, you have to wait for your opportunity.

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2004, 12:48:39 PM »
nope...

Yes there is but I'm not really concerned with that.  I'm pretty confident I'll pass the physical and medical testing.
I know everything that's on the physical test and I'm ready for it.

it would be a cool job.  its way more about who you know rather than what you know.  there is always a loooooooong list of people trying to become a firefighter, you have to wait for your opportunity.

That is true.  I don't know anyone in the fire department so I'm just going to keep stacking my resume and apply everywhere I can.  That's the best I can do I guess. 
« Last Edit: November 08, 2004, 12:50:47 PM by Ras Kass' Toothpick »
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

Thirteen

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2004, 01:01:54 PM »
nope...

Yes there is but I'm not really concerned with that.  I'm pretty confident I'll pass the physical and medical testing.
I know everything that's on the physical test and I'm ready for it.

That is true.  I don't know anyone in the fire department so I'm just going to keep stacking my resume and apply everywhere I can.  That's the best I can do I guess. 

you should do like my gf's sister is doing and try out the vlounteer for a bit, you get to know the people working and you get hands on experience as well

and those tests are pretty easy, we have to do those in the firefighting portion in boot camp

bez

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2004, 11:07:42 AM »
Good luck with that matey.

The volenteering stuff sounds like the best idea to me.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2004, 11:12:26 AM »
i did in 4th or 5th grade...

Don Seer

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2004, 11:25:19 AM »

i'm not particularly interested in the grisly side of the job.. i dont think my stomach could handle it.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2004, 01:24:10 PM »
i dont trust myself with my own life.. let alone other peoples

Don Seer

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2004, 01:33:03 PM »
people see all the heroics in movies right?

but who cuts the people.. and some times just bodies... prob mangled out of cars so they can be buried? ...

no thanks..

Suga Foot

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2004, 11:49:11 PM »

^^true

My cousins boyfriend was on a long waiting list, so he went to Afganistan to fight fire for a year, when he gets back, he can be a firefighter wherever her wants.  Only thing is, he's stuck there right now, and has been for the past 3 months.