Author Topic: im thinking of interning for the House of Blues on Sunset or 93.5 KDAY  (Read 96 times)

We Fly High

ive heard many stories of interning at places like this and getting great jobs. just heard about a girl that used to drive down on thursdays to LA from Santa Barbara, and then just intern at the House of blues on thursdays and fridays during the school year.. , and then after she graduated she was able to get some marketing director position at the venue. so i was thinking that would be an excellent way to get some good experience, and also watch some friday night shows for free. bound to see at leas ttwo rap acts a month.. that will make the gas money worth it. or i was thinking about interning at KDAY since its making a come back now. and i would totally be down to work with a radio station that supports the west coast. plus it'd be incredible to work for a station with such OG legendary status. its best to intern while youre still a student. the places that you apply to, will be much more receptive.. if you graduate and then try to intern, they usually kinda wonder what the hell is up . ...  hopefully i can have this shit figured out by spring.

MANBEARPIG.

Re: im thinking of interning for the House of Blues on Sunset or 93.5 KDAY
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2004, 01:15:34 AM »
Same Hea,r I was giving serious thought to Interning at Jammin Z-90 in here in Daygo lately, but im not too sure on how to go about doing it :(

-KIDRENEGADE-

We Fly High

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2004, 02:08:22 AM »
are you in college right now? if you are it would prob be better to get some experience at the college station first, before entering a real one. just my opinion. and thats actually what im doing too. just so i kinda get a feel for it at first, and so i can really excel while im at my internship later, and then guarantee my job at either of the places. like i think a lot of people apply for internship at stations, so i think t hey really have to pick the cream of the crop, and so i think with previous experience, it will definitely help you.

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2004, 03:24:18 AM »
Good idea, I think I might head down to the House Of Blues myself. It would be perfect for me since I'm at UCLA and it's pretty much down the street (about 10 minutes).

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2004, 09:18:12 PM »
are you in college right now? if you are it would prob be better to get some experience at the college station first, before entering a real one. just my opinion. and thats actually what im doing too. just so i kinda get a feel for it at first, and so i can really excel while im at my internship later, and then guarantee my job at either of the places. like i think a lot of people apply for internship at stations, so i think t hey really have to pick the cream of the crop, and so i think with previous experience, it will definitely help you.

Im in college right now but we dont have a college radio, I wont have an opportunity like that until I transfer next year.

-KIDRENEGADE-