Author Topic: 16 year old son kills mothers rapist with bat, sentenced to 3 years prison  (Read 874 times)

acbaylove

Re: 16 year old son kills mothers rapist with bat, sentenced to 3 years prison
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2004, 12:08:36 PM »
I can't believe so many people think this guy did the right thing, and should get less time. He should get more time. The man wasn't convicted of raping the mother, he was accused. How do we know the mom wasn't full of shit. How do we know it was really that guy that did it. There have been caeses of women mistaking the rapist. The biggest reason I don't believe in the death penalty is because of innocent people being put to death based on evidence that later turns out to be wrong.

The fact this kid can go out and do this and get nothing also promotes taking the law into your own hands and vigilantes everywhere wil be inspired. Even if the guy did rape the kid's mom, it's not his right to end this man's life. Society is built on structure and rules. If you breakthese rules you pay the costs for breaking them. If society turns its head and says it's okay to break the rules in your case then chaos would follow. Every nutcase in the world who thinks someone deseves to die for something a person did to them would go out and act upon it, because it's okay to do so. This kid is going to go to jail thinking that he did the right thing, and he'll come out a hero, and the only thing at fault is the system for not understanding. Well that's bullshit.

People have this tendency to put family before what is right, and that is wrong. People will do things for their family members not based on principle but based on nepotism. How many people jump the gun everyday because they are told from a family member that this happened, and fail to see the truth. I'm not saying the mom was talking shit, but if she was there would be no difference because the kid would jump to conclusions and not even attempt to figure out the truth. If the case were reversed and the kid's older brother raped someone else's mother, and that mother's son came with a bat to his brother, would this kid join in and help because his brother did something wrong, or would he attack the other kid with the bat to save his brother? The kid would look well into both sides of the story and probably take his brother's even if he did rape the woman. People are fucked up this way. It can never change. Plato said the solution was to take children away from siblings and parents and raise them in government controlled institions, but he never actually wanted to put it in practise. There is no solution really, because Plato's theory would have negative affects on other aspects of society and he knew this.

Exactly.

A question. What if the son of the killed man kills the mother of the 16 years old kid? Why is it different from the 16 years old killing that man? Cause he raped his mother? Well, the kid killed his father, so it's ever worse. Isnt it?

This is the problem. NOBODY gotta do justice with his own hands. There are judges, and there's the jail.

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2004, 12:31:37 PM »
I agree with Antonio about the distinction between lawyers and judges and not having people imposing their own "street" justice... but I also see the emotion involved in this crime.  It's a fucked up situation all around.

Obviously it is, and nobody can neglect it. But let's try to look at it from another perspective, maybe more interesting (since everybody agrees it's a fucked up situation): the legal aspect. What is better, as a message? Is the "I wouldn't even mind the 3 years" a message you can give to other 16 years old guys? Is the "he did a wrong thing, so i killed him" a message you can give? I dont think so. The law should educate. And the "criminals" should learn from their mistakes. "Minding" about the sentence.

^ What I was trying to say is that I see both sides of the argument... but I tend to agee with you about imposing a harsher penalty (more than 3 years) for killing to send a message... but then you start taking away a judge's discretion to decide what punishment is warranted.  For example, in Cali, the "3-Strikes" law takes away all discretion from the judge... If a person comes before a judge with their 3rd Strike (something as petty as stealing food from the grocery store), the judge can't look at the circumstances...  he has to impose a pre-determined sentence for the 3rd strike (25 to life).  That's crazy.  A judge should be given discretion to decide what sentence should be imposed.

In this case, the judge imposed a 3 year sentence.  For the crime of murder, that is a very "soft" punishment, but the judge had discretion... looked at the circumstances (mother was raped, the guy is a minor, he was tauted by the deceased, etc., etc.) ... and then imposed the sentence he/she felt appropriate.  I agree with this approach.

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2004, 03:22:15 PM »
Old stories, nothing new. I mean i'm a lawyer, this shit will go on forever. Personally i think 3 years are not enought. Nobody got the rights to kill someone. Never. I dont care if he was 16 or 30. He deserves more jailtime to reflect about the fact he killed a man. Like that, he'll be out when he'll be 20 years old, and what's the message he'll get? I can kill if i think i'm right. No.

First, work on your English. Next, I'd like to point out that it must be really fuckin' easy to become a lawyer in whatever country you're at.

About my english, i'll improve it if necessary, but i think it's enought to communicate with you, since you replied and you made a sarcastic comment about me. Other than that, i'm Italian, and you are confounding the role of a judge with the one of a lawyer. A judge has to make sentences basing them on the written laws or previous sentences. Obviously he cant found the reasons of the sentence on personal opinions, or on the experiences of his own life. But a lawyer aint in the same position, so you really dont have a point. It's an opinion i shared with you. The fact i'm a lawyer doesnt implicate i cant have opinions, or that i have to defend someone at any costs. I wrote it only to say that i've seen dozen of stories like this one, where you ask yourself if the guy really has to be punished or if it's possible to accept the fact he made justice by himself. Well, it's not possible. That's what i'm saying, and that's what every judge or lawyer will say about it. Selfmade justice is not possible. If you live in the streets, you'll have a different opinion about it. If you live by the rules, you cant. End of the story.

P.S. You doesnt look intelligent when you diss people on a board. Get it and go to school before you diss me and my degree.

My point was basically that it must be easy as hell for someone to become a lawyer in Italy, if even an idiot like you can become one.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2004, 03:27:35 PM »
One ugly muthafucka...

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2004, 03:39:44 PM »
Damn, you really are ugly. LOL, I was just joking, but when you posted your pic up, I was like "damn, I was right"

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2004, 04:33:14 PM »
honestly what does his looks have to do with anything related to this topic.

acbaylove

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2004, 04:36:26 PM »
I agree with Antonio about the distinction between lawyers and judges and not having people imposing their own "street" justice... but I also see the emotion involved in this crime.  It's a fucked up situation all around.

Obviously it is, and nobody can neglect it. But let's try to look at it from another perspective, maybe more interesting (since everybody agrees it's a fucked up situation): the legal aspect. What is better, as a message? Is the "I wouldn't even mind the 3 years" a message you can give to other 16 years old guys? Is the "he did a wrong thing, so i killed him" a message you can give? I dont think so. The law should educate. And the "criminals" should learn from their mistakes. "Minding" about the sentence.

^ What I was trying to say is that I see both sides of the argument... but I tend to agee with you about imposing a harsher penalty (more than 3 years) for killing to send a message... but then you start taking away a judge's discretion to decide what punishment is warranted.  For example, in Cali, the "3-Strikes" law takes away all discretion from the judge... If a person comes before a judge with their 3rd Strike (something as petty as stealing food from the grocery store), the judge can't look at the circumstances...  he has to impose a pre-determined sentence for the 3rd strike (25 to life).  That's crazy.  A judge should be given discretion to decide what sentence should be imposed.

In this case, the judge imposed a 3 year sentence.  For the crime of murder, that is a very "soft" punishment, but the judge had discretion... looked at the circumstances (mother was raped, the guy is a minor, he was tauted by the deceased, etc., etc.) ... and then imposed the sentence he/she felt appropriate.  I agree with this approach.

Yeah, me too. It should always be like that.

acbaylove

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2004, 04:37:45 PM »
Old stories, nothing new. I mean i'm a lawyer, this shit will go on forever. Personally i think 3 years are not enought. Nobody got the rights to kill someone. Never. I dont care if he was 16 or 30. He deserves more jailtime to reflect about the fact he killed a man. Like that, he'll be out when he'll be 20 years old, and what's the message he'll get? I can kill if i think i'm right. No.

First, work on your English. Next, I'd like to point out that it must be really fuckin' easy to become a lawyer in whatever country you're at.

About my english, i'll improve it if necessary, but i think it's enought to communicate with you, since you replied and you made a sarcastic comment about me. Other than that, i'm Italian, and you are confounding the role of a judge with the one of a lawyer. A judge has to make sentences basing them on the written laws or previous sentences. Obviously he cant found the reasons of the sentence on personal opinions, or on the experiences of his own life. But a lawyer aint in the same position, so you really dont have a point. It's an opinion i shared with you. The fact i'm a lawyer doesnt implicate i cant have opinions, or that i have to defend someone at any costs. I wrote it only to say that i've seen dozen of stories like this one, where you ask yourself if the guy really has to be punished or if it's possible to accept the fact he made justice by himself. Well, it's not possible. That's what i'm saying, and that's what every judge or lawyer will say about it. Selfmade justice is not possible. If you live in the streets, you'll have a different opinion about it. If you live by the rules, you cant. End of the story.

P.S. You doesnt look intelligent when you diss people on a board. Get it and go to school before you diss me and my degree.

My point was basically that it must be easy as hell for someone to become a lawyer in Italy, if even an idiot like you can become one.

I wont even care to reply to a kid like you. Go to school. :-*

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2004, 04:47:41 PM »
I'm at school, and with fewer years of education, I have a far greater amount of knowledge than you. Now hop off the nuts, spaghetti dick.

acbaylove

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2004, 05:13:20 PM »
Janal pleeeease shut your ass, I dont care about your 13 years old net beefs. Get a life and post something more intelligent than "i'm better than you" if you wanna communicate with me again. Out.

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2004, 07:03:57 PM »
First I thought your English is bad, but now I realize that you're just an idiot. It's right in front of you, yet you still can't spell my name. Post something more intelligent? When it comes to knowledge, 1 of my posts equals about 40 of yours.

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2004, 12:56:52 AM »
First I thought your English is bad, but now I realize that you're just an idiot. It's right in front of you, yet you still can't spell my name. Post something more intelligent? When it comes to knowledge, 1 of my posts equals about 40 of yours.

I don't think he fucked up... I think he's saying you like it in the ass.   :banana_dss:

I think you're a sick, disgusting, pathetic human being for getting joy out of 2 animated figures fucking.

acbaylove

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2004, 02:50:51 AM »

I don't think he fucked up... I think he's saying you like it in the ass.   :banana_dss: