Author Topic: Colin Powell Resigned  (Read 462 times)

tommyilromano

Re: Colin Powell Resigned
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2004, 05:16:57 AM »
Cabinet resignations happen, and powell says he leaves on good terms, but the fact is we just lost an experienced, and respectable cabinet member to be replaced by who knows.  Most likely Condi Rice who has yet to impress me.

Really? Well damn, since she doesn't impress you I guess shouldnt take the position.

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2004, 06:15:59 AM »
Occasionally it is acceptable to state your own opinions.  But if you don't like my opinions there are other one's available. For instance

"I do not believe that you should have in the secretary of state someone who has spent their last four years in the White House next to the president," Lawrence Eagleburger told CNN's "Paula Zahn Now." "I do believe you need tension between the State Department, the Defense Department and the National Security Council.

"If the rumors prove correct and her deputy becomes national security adviser, everybody is going to speak the same language," he said. "Whatever influence, for instance, Colin Powell had is going to be much less under these new circumstances."

Lawrence Eagleburger served as Secretary of State under the first President Bush. 

Anyways, I made that statement intentionally as a matter of opinion, because thats all it was.  I wasn't trying to disguise my opinion as a fact.  But my post said a lot more than the one line you choose to quote and criticize. 
« Last Edit: November 16, 2004, 06:58:41 AM by Ant »

Trauma-san

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2004, 11:03:36 PM »
The funny thing about the word Resigned is, it means two totally opposite words, but they're spelled the exact same way. 

ReSigned

Resigned

I always thought that was hilarious. 

Yet they are pronounced very differently. Your point brings nothing to the table.

Yet we're on a message board, where pronunciation is impossible.  Shut the fucke uppe. 

Trauma-san

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2004, 11:15:05 PM »
I'm glad Condi Rice is getting the job, but man, she's gonna go through some HELL.  There's nothing democrats hate more than someone they see as a traitor.  They're supposed to have the black vote, as well as the female vote, tied up, and yet here is not only a female republican, but a BLACK female republican.  Check out these cartoons, disgusting.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2004, 11:18:19 PM »
The funny thing about the word Resigned is, it means two totally opposite words, but they're spelled the exact same way. 

ReSigned

Resigned

Yet they are pronounced very differently. Your point brings nothing to the table.

Yet we're on a message board, where pronunciation is impossible.  Shut the fucke uppe. 

lol...smacked
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2004, 11:25:30 AM »

ReSigned

Resigned

LMAO... that idiot got 0wNeD

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2004, 12:35:29 PM »
what will the bush administration do without their apoligy guy? they now don't have anyone who is liked and respected

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?