Author Topic: The US is headed in the same fiscal direction as Canada  (Read 110 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
The US is headed in the same fiscal direction as Canada
« on: November 11, 2004, 06:18:01 PM »
We were once like you. Low taxes, strong military.

George Bush is making a huge mistake, and from experience in Canada you'll all pay for it. Let's start with what happened in Canada.

Pierre Elliott Trudeau, Canada's 17th Prime Minister decided to spend money. Lots of money. But, he didn't raise taxes. Much like George Bush now. Because of his refusal to raise taxes, after his term was up Canada was left with a 300 billion dollar debt. Then, we had a repeat. Brian Mulroney thought he could do the same thing, spend lots of money and not raise taxes. Seems popular with voters, don't raise their taxes. After his term, 550 billion dollars.

I'll be paying off that debt until the day I die, and it'll still be there.

America appears to be headed in that same direction.

Then again, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: The US is headed in the same fiscal direction as Canada
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2004, 07:18:24 PM »
I wonder what would've happened if Douglas beat Trudeau. Could Douglas have balanced the national budget like he did Sakatchewan's?

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2004, 07:26:38 PM »
I could be wrong.

You usually are.

You think so? Strangely enough, I usually tend to agree with you if that says anything.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2004, 07:27:42 PM »
I wonder what would've happened if Douglas beat Trudeau. Could Douglas have balanced the national budget like he did Sakatchewan's?

Most likely. Joe Clark had the oppurtunity to do it, sitting right there in the House Of Commons, but the NDP had to fuck it up. So many chances to balance things out......

Paris

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2004, 10:17:49 PM »

Most likely. Joe Clark had the oppurtunity to do it, sitting right there in the House Of Commons, but the NDP had to fuck it up. So many chances to balance things out......

The no-Tommy Douglas NDP was a second rate party. All they did was spend, spend, spend, with out thinking. What I liked about Tommy was that he knew how to do it right, but I would imagine it'd be easier to do it for Saskatchewan than Ontario, but then again maybe he could have thought of ways for Ontario to make money. I still think he'd have made a better PM. Most of the ideas that came from Lester B. and Trudaeu came from Douglas anyway, so it's not like we'd be with out national health care or the charter. He was a hell of a speaker too. Don't get me wrong, LBP and PET we're great Canadians but Tommy would have been great too.