Author Topic: Yasser's funeral.  (Read 177 times)

bez

Yasser's funeral.
« on: November 12, 2004, 03:19:42 PM »
Dam this was crazy.  I was literally speechless while I was watching this.  Crazy stuff.  Just goes to show you how much people actually did love him and shit, even though he was a terrorist and had 2 billion in a swizz bank account.

acbaylove

Re: Yasser's funeral.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2004, 04:23:03 PM »
They didnt simply showed love to the person Arafat. He was the leader of the fight against Israel. So he became a symbol. He's like Che for the communists. A symbol. That's why nobody in Palestina cares about the negative aspects of him. And nobody cares about his 2 billion in a swizz bank account. He's a symbol. He's the n.1 symbol in Palestina. By showing love to Arafat, they showed love to Palestina.

Fathom

• 'G'
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2004, 06:54:43 PM »
^the dude speaks the truth

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2004, 03:48:41 AM »
Well... when Stalin died in 1953 his funeral was even crazier, He was a blood spilling dictator but millions of people couldn't stop crying and urging to touch his casket,People were on top of people many Russians died during his Funeral while trying, they were Basiclly Bulldozed by other people's weight...
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

acbaylove

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2004, 03:56:05 AM »
Well simply replace Arafat with Stalin, Israel with imperialism, and Palestina with Russia from my previous post.

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2004, 04:05:34 AM »
Well simply replace Arafat with Stalin, Israel with imperialism, and Palestina with Russia from my previous post.

Well now I know what side u were on during the COLD WAR....

You don't esume the Soviets were also imperialistic?

acbaylove

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2004, 05:18:28 AM »
Me? Why you talking about me? I didnt. I talked about Russia and the symbol of Stalin for Russians. Not for me. Anyway during the COLD WAR i was -20 years old.

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2004, 08:02:00 AM »
I was refering to the parallels u drew to the diffrenet parties in the middle east.
And it wasn't really necessary for u to exist during the Cold War to convey an opinion concerning the Cold War.

acbaylove

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2004, 08:16:38 AM »
Yeah, i was joking. Naw, i was talking about the two funerals. Not about the reasons why they were symbols, or if it's right for them to be elevated to symbols, or if it's right that Stalin fought imperialism etc.. What i mean is that when people became "symbols", people will love them. No matter if they did wrong things too. It's still a symbol. Somehow you feel like showing him love. Then there are no real parallelism between Arafat and Stalin, two different people, two different era's, two different deaths, etc..

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2004, 10:23:23 PM »
Antonio, as an Italian lawyer, I don't know if you make much money, but you should at least make sense. Then again, "if it don't make Dollaz, it don't make Senze"  8)

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2004, 01:24:06 AM »
Well... when Stalin died in 1953 his funeral was even crazier, He was a blood spilling dictator but millions of people couldn't stop crying and urging to touch his casket,People were on top of people many Russians died during his Funeral while trying, they were Basiclly Bulldozed by other people's weight...

My grandma stayed inside her home during the funeral. Thank god she did, or I might not have been born
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

acbaylove

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2004, 05:12:06 PM »
Antonio, as an Italian lawyer, I don't know if you make much money, but you should at least make sense. Then again, "if it don't make Dollaz, it don't make Senze"  8)

Dont worry about it, i'm getting paid. Pretty well.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2004, 08:39:52 PM »

So there exists in Palestine a propaganda machine on the level of 1950s Soviet Union?
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2004, 10:58:07 AM »

So there exists in Palestine a propaganda machine on the level of 1950s Soviet Union?

u said it.