Author Topic: Eminem's Problems (and Encore's Problems)  (Read 618 times)

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Eminem's Problems (and Encore's Problems)
« on: November 12, 2004, 06:35:38 PM »
He's joined the underachievers club with Method Man and Jay-Z.  He has all the skill in the world but has trouble putting it to good use.

The first problem is easy to solve.  STOP MAKING THESE 20 TRACK ALBUMS.  Cut them to 12 tracks and the albums will improve greatly.

The second problem is having these useless skits.  I don't know about you but "Paul (skit)" will be fast forwarded everytime I hit it.  These skits are completely useless and add nothing to the album.

The third problem is content.  I thought he's said everything he's had to say about Benzino/Kim/Halie/etc.  Enough of it, (but I do like "Mockingbird") try some storytelling, some concept records or other themes/topics.  Try studying a Nas CD.

I can't really explain his other problems properly but he still needs some adjustments in other areas.  It seems he was on the same mindset with this album as he was with D12 World.  These albums are similar to me but Encore is better.
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

GangstaBoogy

Re: Eminem's Problems (and Encore's Problems)
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2004, 06:43:50 PM »
no his problem is he's not growing as an artist. he can get away with puttin out the same album cuz his dickridin groupies gone buy it and say its hot reguardless of how much it suck

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=61180.0
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2004, 08:08:09 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I think he grew a lot from his SSLP days. Not with this album, but with Em Show he was very serious for a lot of the songs.

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2004, 08:38:25 PM »
You dont think hes grown as an artist?

Listen to the SSLP and then listen to the EMShow.

Jome

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2004, 08:51:31 PM »
try some storytelling, some concept records or other themes/topics.  Try studying a Nas CD.

Dunno if Eminem on some abstract multi-religious "I could be Jesus" shit would be a good idea..  :-\

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2004, 09:47:09 PM »
I mean listen to a Nas CD because he mixes up his content, gives you variety and does it very well.

Just look at God's Son..."Dance", "Book Of Rhymes", "Last Real Nigga Alive", "I Can", "Get Down", etc.
Versatility
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2004, 10:43:51 PM »
You dont think hes grown as an artist?

Listen to the SSLP and then listen to the EMShow.

yeah from SSLP to The Eminem Show he did. but back in the SSLP Em was flow hella rapid, he sounded hungry. after that, he was just sayin shiet to make people mad. Eminem Show he grew but now...4th album...still talkin about his mom, girl, daughter, how tough his life was. like homie said he need to take notes from Nas

try some storytelling, some concept records or other themes/topics.  Try studying a Nas CD.

Dunno if Eminem on some abstract multi-religious "I could be Jesus" shit would be a good idea..  :-\

lol funny I guess you can find wrong in any artist beefin with 50 huh?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

lain_83

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2004, 01:10:16 AM »
The first problem is easy to solve.  STOP MAKING THESE 20 TRACK ALBUMS.  Cut them to 12 tracks and the albums will improve greatly.

i agree. just look at 3:16 the 9th edition: 10 tracks and every single one is dope. fuck fillers. most of them are just an opportunity for the label to introduce some wack ass rappers... >:(

The second problem is having these useless skits.

while there might be a few skits which are able to support the following track in a positive way by setting the atmosphere, the majority seems to be total crap.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2004, 02:42:36 AM »
Yeah, some new topics could definitely help him.  But it ain't that easy to just come up with some cool concept for a song that suits him too.

Encore is kinda weird in my opinion... Tracks like Never Enough, Mosh (that grew on me like a muthafucka), Yellow Brick Road, Like Toy Soldiers, Encore and Mockingbird are on that high Eminem standard (although, as it was said, some tracks suffer from the same ol' topics he used to do). Then the middle of the album is complete shit - not just on Eminem's standards, but in general - Big Weenie, Just Lose It, My 1st Single, Rain Man, complete shit. (Apart from Rain Man's beat, Dre did a good job there). Then there's some mediocre stuff, that's nowhere near Em's best material though. It's kinda funny, a couple tracks like Never Enough and Encore I absolutely love, some stuff is filler and the rest is absolute garbage.

Maybe if he took a couple years off from rapping, just manage the label and hone his production skills, then come back - then we might hear something special. It might be, as it was put at MTV.com, that Em has entered a "comfort zone".

TeddyGramz

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2004, 04:49:26 AM »
let da man do wat he does, its crazy how ppl kan hate or tell sum1 wat dey need 2 do wit they talent.  take it how eva u want it, but wud u ratha have me diss u or wud u ratha sell 7,000,000 albums???

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2004, 04:55:35 AM »
skits and fillers are problems on almost every rap album coming out these days.
it's no particular Em-Thang.
his main problem is that his heart is not in it.
yellow brick road and like toy soldiers are the only tracks with good rap verses by Em.
plus he should stop that funny rain man like stuff, cause it sucks. and of course he shouldnt burp, fart, rap like a crazy ass indian and shit like that.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2004, 05:06:24 AM »
^ seriosuly... and what pisses me off is almost ALL my friends.. are like.. i dunno why u dont like this album.. its so good.. its so funny..
 if i want funny ill go watch dave chappelle.. im trying to hear skill, good beat, good lyrics, something intresting, something new.. and he dint do any of those on most of the track

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2004, 06:24:36 AM »
plus he should stop that funny rain man like stuff, cause it sucks. and of course he shouldnt burp, fart, rap like a crazy ass indian and shit like that.

Hell yeah. The farting, burping, over use of accents and the retarted tantrum sounds are most likely the stupidest things I've ever heard on a rap CD.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2004, 06:28:51 AM »
lol i just made a cd of 30 underground eminem tracks and freestyles. If you say TES' type raps are more entertaining than ones on We shine or Green and Gold you got some serious problems. U hear the track and are like wow. I havent done that to an Eminem song in years.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2004, 06:58:25 AM »
lol i just made a cd of 30 underground eminem tracks and freestyles. If you say TES' type raps are more entertaining than ones on We shine or Green and Gold you got some serious problems. U hear the track and are like wow. I havent done that to an Eminem song in years.
we shine? green and gold?