Author Topic: RIP ODB.  (Read 950 times)

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
Re: RIP ODB.
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2004, 05:40:05 PM »
Shit, I can't believe it.

Rest in peace, Dirt McGirt.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: RIP OL DIRTY BASTARD
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2004, 05:40:14 PM »
fo real?

damn...

RIP dirty...

kemizt

JBalfour4

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2004, 05:57:25 PM »
What the hell, I didn't know that, RIP

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2004, 05:58:47 PM »
fuck, another rapper dead.. RIP ODB

Sindrom

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2004, 06:17:58 PM »
God damn it. Fuck this shit death sucks. rip ODB you the man.
Suck my dick it's the kid with the fat nob, I bust all in ya face, plus it come in globs.

SGV

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2004, 06:23:34 PM »
Yup. I just got it confirmed. My boy said they announced it at the Tribe Called Quest show. Fucked up month for Hip Hop.

R.I.P. ODB!

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2004, 06:26:51 PM »
R.I.P..I was the biggest Wu fan back in the day..

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2004, 06:40:53 PM »
Man.

This has been a fucking horrible month.

ODB, King Lou, Mac Dre.

R.I.P.

sad fuckin year

R.I.P Mac Dre  :'(
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2004, 06:44:37 PM »
Goddamn thats some sad shit, another legend gone, RIP

Suga Foot

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2004, 06:45:37 PM »
fuuuuuuuuck

RIP

PhantomChild

• 'G'
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2004, 06:53:09 PM »
Gosh I was hopin this was a rumor. :o

RIP >:( :(

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2004, 07:36:04 PM »
NO FUCKING WAY...i dont really know what to say right now, im totally gutted by this...im a little drunk, and had a great night out, but this news has put a serious damper on things...i dont know what to say...in my eyes the guy was a legend, and hopefully he'll be remembered that way...

Rest In Peace Dirty... :'( :'( :'( :'(

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Trauma-san

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2004, 07:43:24 PM »
Aw, man.  I really, really, really hate to hear this.  One of the reasons I'm not a very big fan of rap anymore (and one of the reasons I don't post on this board much anymore) well, a couple things, actually.  One, many rappers get caught up in just flat out negativity, they're dissing somebody, or talking about killing somebody, or just bringing negative stuff to the table, and I don't like dwelling on negativity, and Two, most rappers (almost all) take themselves so seriously it's hilarious.  They think they have a mission, or they think they're speaking to the youth, or they think they're going to make a political statement, or they think they're deep, or they think... whatever. 

ODB rose above all of that, by ducking it and simply being natural.  He rapped half-ass, he joked more than he tried to be good, he made EVERY SINGLE VERSE funny or fun, he was a total character.  Above all, he had my favorite attribute: Passion.  ODB was a dumbass... but he was passionate about it, lol.  This is the man, who with 1 month to go in jail, jumps out of a van @ a court hearing, and runs across the grass of the courthouse to freedom, only to be caught 3 months later signing autographs in a drivethru @ McDonalds.  That's stupid.... but it's passionate. 

I'll miss him.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2004, 07:45:06 PM »
Aw, man.  I really, really, really hate to hear this.  One of the reasons I'm not a very big fan of rap anymore (and one of the reasons I don't post on this board much anymore) well, a couple things, actually.  One, many rappers get caught up in just flat out negativity, they're dissing somebody, or talking about killing somebody, or just bringing negative stuff to the table, and I don't like dwelling on negativity, and Two, most rappers (almost all) take themselves so seriously it's hilarious.  They think they have a mission, or they think they're speaking to the youth, or they think they're going to make a political statement, or they think they're deep, or they think... whatever. 

ODB rose above all of that, by ducking it and simply being natural.  He rapped half-ass, he joked more than he tried to be good, he made EVERY SINGLE VERSE funny or fun, he was a total character.  Above all, he had my favorite attribute: Passion.  ODB was a dumbass... but he was passionate about it, lol.  This is the man, who with 1 month to go in jail, jumps out of a van @ a court hearing, and runs across the grass of the courthouse to freedom, only to be caught 3 months later signing autographs in a drivethru @ McDonalds.  That's stupid.... but it's passionate. 

I'll miss him.

Nice post, I agree with what you said.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Sikotic™

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2004, 07:50:05 PM »
You gotta be fucking kidding me man? This is unbelievable. RIP to ODB

Damn it
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE