Author Topic: Colin Powell Resigned  (Read 455 times)

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Colin Powell Resigned
« on: November 15, 2004, 01:29:47 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/11/15/powell/index.html

So far 6 out of the 15 cabinet members have resigned. Ashcroft and Powell have also resigned. They speculated that Dr. Rice will take over for powell.

I knew people would resign. I really respected Colin powell, who was probably the only one from the bush administration. I think powell got screwed over from the "UN speech." Which really ruined him.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Colin Powell Resigned
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2004, 01:41:23 PM »
They prolly introduced him to the new "Iran is a part of the axis of evil and is making nuclear weapons" - Speech.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2004, 01:46:47 PM »
They prolly introduced him to the new "Iran is a part of the axis of evil and is making nuclear weapons" - Speech.
I wouldnt be surprised.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2004, 01:48:11 PM »
I wouldnt be surprised.

I wonder which sorry ass is going to do that this time :D ... It's career-suicide.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2004, 05:07:57 PM »
Another credible competent mind leaves the Bush Administration and yet it is not amazingly clear to people yet how bad the Bush Administration is for the country. 

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2004, 05:14:42 PM »
Rice (the new Sally Hemmings) has replaced him

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2004, 05:22:03 PM »
The funny thing about the word Resigned is, it means two totally opposite words, but they're spelled the exact same way. 

ReSigned

Resigned

I always thought that was hilarious. 

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2004, 05:26:28 PM »
The funny thing about the word Resigned is, it means two totally opposite words, but they're spelled the exact same way. 

ReSigned

Resigned

Here's something else that's funny:

Southerners/white trash/hicks/Mormons have a problem with two people of the same sex being married, but they feel it's okay for siblings to marry or fuck each other. It's quite mind-boggling.

Woodrow

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2004, 05:26:41 PM »
Another credible competent mind leaves the Bush Administration and yet it is not amazingly clear to people yet how bad the Bush Administration is for the country. 
So when 5 people from Clinton's cabinet resigned, and one changed positions in '96 after he won reelection, were you thinking the same thing?

thatboi

• 'G'
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2004, 06:00:40 PM »
I'm not suprised in the least. I also think it's gonna be more members from his cabinet resigning soon.
looking for mc's for The Resistance group svh398@hotmail.com get at me.

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2004, 07:22:53 PM »
So when 5 people from Clinton's cabinet resigned, and one changed positions in '96 after he won reelection, were you thinking the same thing?

Admittedly I wasn't paying as close attention back then, but my issue isn't necessarily with the cabinet resignations per se, but with the lack of talent, experience, and credibility in the Bush Administration.  Cabinet resignations happen, and powell says he leaves on good terms, but the fact is we just lost an experienced, and respectable cabinet member to be replaced by who knows.  Most likely Condi Rice who has yet to impress me. 

But the bigger issue is the significant number of high ranking individual's who have resigned, and often in protest.  Who is filling these voids and why are so many people resigning in protest?  Friday 2 high ranking CIA officials resigned, monday Colin Powell and another CIA official resigned.  The Bush Admin says they are purging the bad eggs from the CIA, but given their propensity to spin bad news, their word is far from credible.  More than likely we are losing good people at an alarming rate.   More than a handful of US officials who have served under republicans and democrats have resigned in protest.  Paul O'neill, Richard Clarke, Michael Scheurer, McLaughlin, and others.

Yes, I can look past one or two people, but I can't look past the accusations of 5-6, when they are all similiar, and when the leadership has repeatedly made costly errors.  Their predictions on how to stimulate the economy failed, their health care plan failed, their assesment of iraq was incorrect, their war on iraq was plagued with mistakes, and so on.  Maybe you can look past these things, but I can't. I am not a partisan democrat, altho admittedly the actions of this administration are pushing me to become one, but more honestly, I am disturbed by these events, as are many others because of a overall concern for the direction the US is heading in under the Bush Administration.

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2004, 07:28:52 PM »
Most likely Condi Rice

She already replaced him.

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2004, 07:42:59 PM »
Not to get into a silly argument, but she has not already replaced him.  She has to be nominated, and then confirmed.  She will likely be nominated on tuesday according to CNN.

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2004, 07:56:54 PM »

ReSigned

Resigned

Yet they are pronounced very differently. Your point brings nothing to the table.
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2004, 12:05:57 AM »
Not to get into a silly argument, but she has not already replaced him.  She has to be nominated, and then confirmed.  She will likely be nominated on tuesday according to CNN.

Yea, but Bush already said she will replace him, so basically there's no doubt as to who will replace her. So let me rephrase to: she has been chosen to replace him.