Author Topic: Aid worker Margaret Hassan Murdered in Iraq  (Read 272 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Aid worker Margaret Hassan Murdered in Iraq
« on: November 16, 2004, 10:28:24 AM »
Family believes Hassan murdered
The family of Dublin-born Iraqi aid worker Margaret Hassan believes she has been killed by hostage-takers.
Mrs Hassan's brothers and sisters, Michael, Deirdre, Kathryn and Geraldine Fitzsimons, said they had accepted her death, adding: "Our hearts are broken."

And her husband, Tahseen Ali Hassan, has told Reuters news agency he too believes she has been killed.

Mrs Hassan, who has Irish, British and Iraqi nationality, was seized by an unknown group in Baghdad on 19 October.

"We have kept hoping for as long as we could, but we now have to accept that Margaret has probably gone and at last her suffering has ended," her brothers and sisters said in a statement.

They described her as a "friend of the Arab world, to people of all religions".

They added that she had only goodwill towards everyone.

"She had no prejudice against any creed. She dedicated her whole life to working for the poor and vulnerable, helping those who had no-one else," the statement read.

They described her murder as "unforgivable", adding: "The gap she leaves will never be filled."

Several news agencies have reported that a tape showing her murder has surfaced in Iraq.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/world/middle_east/4017515.stm

Clearly she had no affiliation with the invading armies and was only there to help, plus she has iraqi citizenship after living there for over 30 years this is the most disgusting of all killings by the insurgents in iraq

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Trauma-san

Re: Aid worker Margaret Hassan Murdered in Iraq
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2004, 09:45:24 PM »
I agree.  Fucking animals.  If you want to kill the soldiers, that makes sense.  Even if you want to behead them or do whatever sick torturous things to them, it's partially understandable since it's a fucking war.  To kidnap a woman who's there giving Aid to the people you're supposedly fighting for, is fucking horrendous, to kill her, is unspeakable.  This is on par with some of the others who have been kidnapped, but for pete's sake she's a woman.  I thought that was a universal truth that you don't harm Women.  Just goes to show there's some fucking pigs over there.   With the disrespect you see towards Women in some middle eastern countries, though, it doesn't surprise me too much. 

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2004, 10:21:32 PM »
I agree.  Fucking animals.  If you want to kill the soldiers, that makes sense.  Even if you want to behead them or do whatever sick torturous things to them, it's partially understandable since it's a fucking war.  To kidnap a woman who's there giving Aid to the people you're supposedly fighting for, is fucking horrendous, to kill her, is unspeakable.  This is on par with some of the others who have been kidnapped, but for pete's sake she's a woman.  I thought that was a universal truth that you don't harm Women.  Just goes to show there's some fucking pigs over there.   With the disrespect you see towards Women in some middle eastern countries, though, it doesn't surprise me too much. 

What do you have to say about those sick and disgusting rapists, child molestors, Mormon sister fuckers, etc who are American?

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2004, 10:28:25 AM »

What do you have to say about those sick and disgusting rapists, child molestors, Mormon sister fuckers, etc who are American?
every country has them, but its true the middle east need to give women more rights

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Thirteen

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2004, 12:32:05 PM »

what about slavery?

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2004, 01:11:47 PM »

every country has them, but its true the middle east need to give women more rights

No fuckin shit, and we need to stop supporting these fucked up leaders. Seriously, you people don't know fuckin shit about anything. If we were about human rights, we would be in Saudi Arabia right now, blowing shit up. Why is that not the case? We don't give a fuck about the people in the Middle East, we don't care about what conditions they're living under, as long as their leaders do what we tell them as far as oil and diplomatic relations go. We didn't care about Saddam killing his own people until he nationalized the oil fields. We supported the Taliban (while they were abusing human rights) until Osama blew up the embassy and was being protected there. You know why we were supporting the Taliban? You know why we wasted our tax dollars training them? Because we needed a stable government in Afghanistan before we could go ahead with our pipeline plan. If there is no government in a country, and just a bunch of tribes fighting each other, each claiming to be the leading group of the country, then we can't just go in there and work on a pipeline. Let me tell you in terms even you should understand: WE SUPPORT HORRIBLE PEOPLE

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2004, 01:27:36 PM »

Just in the same way, every country has terrorists. Timothy McVeigh? Ted Kaczynski? Marinus van der Lubbe, the Dutch terrorist?  IRA? AUC in Columbia? Seriously, get the fuck outta here with that bullshit. You don't know anything. What's next? "They hate us for our freedom?" What kinda fuckin retards buy somethin like that? People killing themselves because they hate your freedom.... I think it takes more than that for a person to blow themselves up...

Thirteen

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2004, 01:42:59 PM »

Just in the same way, every country has terrorists. Timothy McVeigh? Ted Kaczynski? Marinus van der Lubbe, the Dutch terrorist?  IRA? AUC in Columbia? Seriously, get the fuck outta here with that bullshit. You don't know anything. What's next? "They hate us for our freedom?" What kinda fuckin retards buy somethin like that? People killing themselves because they hate your freedom.... I think it takes more than that for a person to blow themselves up...

not really, a guy shot himself over an election

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2004, 02:22:22 PM »
I don't see how that's him "hating your freedom"...

acbaylove

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2004, 05:10:55 PM »
Ok Jamal, i see your point. It's well known you dont respect the American administration and what they are doing in Iraq. Somehow i agree. But let me say this news is still disgusting. Anyway i got a question for you: what do you think about all those people beheading other innocent people (journalists, civils, members from the Red Cross, etc.. fuck it! Even soldiers.. it's the same! innocents or not!) praising and thanking Allah?. Everytime they behead someone, we gotta see all those stupid things about the Coran and Allah. Do you support that? Do you really believe Allah has something to do with it? What do you think about that situation? Do you respect them people? It's a real question. I did it to the other muslims in the forum before you. I wanna read your opinion about that. I know your opinion about US soldiers and Bush, what about "Jihad"?

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2004, 05:28:59 PM »
Ok Jamal, i see your point. It's well known you dont respect the American administration and what they are doing in Iraq. Somehow i agree. But let me say this news is still disgusting. Anyway i got a question for you: what do you think about all those people beheading other innocent people (journalists, civils, members from the Red Cross, etc.. fuck it! Even soldiers.. it's the same! innocents or not!) praising and thanking Allah?. Everytime they behead someone, we gotta see all those stupid things about the Coran and Allah. Do you support that? Do you really believe Allah has something to do with it? What do you think about that situation? Do you respect them people? It's a real question. I did it to the other muslims in the forum before you. I wanna read your opinion about that. I know your opinion about US soldiers and Bush, what about "Jihad"?

No, I don't support that. I don't support terrorism in any way. I don't support the beheadings; I think they're cruel and disgusting. I don't respect terrorists.

All I said is that the root of this problem is the U.S. foreign policy after World War II. I don't see how me being anti-U.S. foreign policy makes me pro-terrorism. You people are on some Bush "You're either with us or against us bullshit". Fuck that.

The only thing is, when I look at situations, I try to see both sides of things. I don't just say "well, we're killing people, but it's government sponsored, so it's okay; they're killing people without the license to kill, so they must be the evil ones." 

These people don't hate "our freedom". You want to know what they do hate? They hate:

- us helping bring corrupt leaders to power
- us supporting these corrupt leaders (in some cases, while their human rights are abused)
- us setting up puppet governments so we have an economic benefit at their cost (we get resources from Middle Eastern as well as other 3rd world countries around the world at prices way below the actual value, and the globalizing also includes us selling to them at staggering prices)

By the way, where were most of the 9/11 terrorists from? Saudi Arabia.
Does Saudi Arabia abuse human rights? Yes.
Do we give a shit? NO.
Why? What the fuck is up with our foreign policy? Now do you see why they hate us. I don't blame them. I don't support their acts, but I don't blame them.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2004, 05:37:12 PM by *Jamal* »

acbaylove

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2004, 06:02:50 PM »
Man i was talking about Allah. It's a question related to you being a mulsim. How do you feel when you see those people killing in the name of Allah? I didnt say you support terrorism. It was a different question.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2004, 06:49:00 PM »
Those people are using religion and Gods name for their own political objectives, and just because Mohamed Doe wants to invoke ALlahs names every time he uses violence, doesnt mean inherently every Muslim around the world shares solidarity
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2004, 11:02:02 PM »
Man i was talking about Allah. It's a question related to you being a mulsim. How do you feel when you see those people killing in the name of Allah? I didnt say you support terrorism. It was a different question.

How do I feel? The fact that they wrongfully kill in the name of Allah doesn't affect my feelings. Why would it? I mean yeah, I think it's wrong, but other than that, it's their sin and doesn't affect me.

By the way, you keep throwing around the word Allah as if it's some other god or something. Allah is just the Arabic word for God. For example, someone that speaks Spanish would refer to God as "Dios", but that doesn't mean it's a different god. It's the same God that Jews and Christians believe in. People are so ignorant these days.

acbaylove

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2004, 03:54:00 AM »
Exactly. And doesnt the fact that it's the "same" God make it even dumber? Thanx for your replies tho'.