Author Topic: Woman sells Virgin Mary grilled cheese sandwich on ebay... LOL  (Read 243 times)

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Woman sells Virgin Mary grilled cheese sandwich on ebay... LOL
« on: November 16, 2004, 05:22:29 PM »
MIAMI - The Internet auction house eBay Inc. reversed itself Tuesday and is allowing bids for half of a 10-year-old grilled cheese sandwich that its owner says bears the image of the Virgin Mary.

Diana Duyser, of Hollywood, put the sandwich up for sale last week, drawing bids as high as $22,000 before eBay pulled the item Sunday night. The page was viewed almost 100,000 times before being taken down.

An e-mail Duyser received from eBay said the sandwich broke its policy, which "does not allow listings that are intended as jokes."

But Duyser, a work-from-home jewelry designer who has bought and sold items on eBay for two years, said the grilled cheese wasn't a joke.

The auction was back on Tuesday afternoon with a top bid of $5,100. The winning bidder also has to pay $9.95 for shipping. In mocking response, two similar items were later posted — grilled cheese sandwiches bearing the images of the Virgin Mary's used gum and Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen.

A phone message left with San Jose, Calif.-based eBay was not immediately returned Tuesday.

Duyser thought eBay would be the best place to show off the sandwich, made on plain white bread and American cheese and cooked with no oil or butter. She said she took a bite after making it 10 years ago and saw a face staring back at her from the bread.

Duyser, 52, put the sandwich in a clear plastic box with cotton balls and kept it on her night stand.

At first, she was scared by the image, "but now that I realize how unique it is, I wanted to share it with the world," Duyser told The Miami Herald.

She said the sandwich has never sprouted a spore of mold.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re: Woman sells Virgin Mary grilled cheese sandwich on ebay... LOL
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2004, 05:31:08 PM »
LMAO!! ;D

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

davida.b.

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2004, 05:33:41 PM »
wow.....LOL

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2004, 05:34:29 PM »
Things like this help me understand how/why so many people voted for Bush...

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2004, 06:33:34 PM »
I had a waffle that looked like the 3 Wise Men once. 8)

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2004, 06:52:30 PM »
I had a waffle that looked like the 3 Wise Men once. 8)

http://www.pang.com/

was there a point to that? no. do i like the background music? yes,

I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind

i love men who take pictures with their booty's out

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You know you want me.
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2004, 11:48:28 PM »

whats even funnier is the shit didnt even look nuthin like mary... it looked jus like janet jackson in the 80's..jimmy kimmel put it side by side with 1 of janet's pictures..and that shit look exactly like her...

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2004, 12:46:21 AM »
LOL anybody have a link to that item?