Author Topic: FOR THE DRE HATERS....  (Read 756 times)

=[Euthanasia]=

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Bad Muthafucka'
Re: FOR THE DRE HATERS....
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2002, 03:00:36 AM »
I mean look at the Addictive beat...shit is new and innovative. His impact is felt when a month later Eric Sermon is using the indian sounds in his beats.

Not to take anything away from Quik, I got much love for him, but he wasn't the first to use an indian sample, there's an old remix of Eric B & Rakim's tune, "Paid In Full" that uses an indian sample, it's also the beat Nas used for his "Stillmatic" freestyle. I don't know if Quik got his inspiration from that beat but it came about long before Quik made "Addictive", also, for all we know "React" could of been recorded before "Addictive" ever made the airways. But yeah, "Addictive" was/is possibly the best and most recognisable beat to be made this year, and I hate it when people try to credit Dre for it, but thats what people come to expect from Dre, high quality shit and 90% of the time he brings that and I strongly believe he is the greatest producer, even Quik has said Dre has inspired him throughout his career. But even Quik has his not so great beats, nobody's perfect. Dre has got the best back catalogue beatwise in the history of hip-hop imo.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Zero4eva

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2002, 03:11:57 AM »
That's no "Indian beat" at all, that's Ofra Haza. She's from Israel and died of Aids a few years ago. Ironically she/her lawyers sued Eric B & Rakim for the use of the sample.
The Addictive sample is indeed an Indian sample...

P.S. Didn't Just Blaze produce Erick's "React"?

=[Euthanasia]=

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Bad Muthafucka'
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2002, 03:42:29 AM »
That's no "Indian beat" at all, that's Ofra Haza. She's from Israel and died of Aids a few years ago. Ironically she/her lawyers sued Eric B & Rakim for the use of the sample.
The Addictive sample is indeed an Indian sample...

P.S. Didn't Just Blaze produce Erick's "React"?

Man, it still sounds like some indian shit, lol, infact when I first heard "Addictive" it reminded me of that remix straight away because the sound is so similar, just because she's not actually indian doesn't mean he couldn't of been influenced by that sound. Anyways, I did say if you read my post that I don't know if he was directly influenced by that sample. Also, yeah, "React" was produced by Just Blaze.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Zero4eva

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2002, 03:53:36 AM »
>= link=board=general;num=1032071750;start=20#27 date=09/16/02 at 08:42:29]

Man, it still sounds like some indian shit, lol, infact when I first heard "Addictive" it reminded me of that remix straight away because the sound is so similar, just because she's not actually indian doesn't mean he couldn't of been influenced by that sound. Anyways, I did say if you read my post that I don't know if he was directly influenced by that sample. Also, yeah, "React" was produced by Just Blaze.

It's Arabian influenced music vs. Indian music. They're usin different instruments and rhythms. But you're right, sometimes they're soundin rather similar. Just Blaze might be influenced (well, he pretty sure was ;D), just like Timbaland and all the others. Seems to be some kind of bandwaggon...

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2002, 07:51:14 AM »
>= link=board=general;num=1032071750;start=20#25 date=09/16/02 at 08:00:36]
thats what people come to expect from Dre, high quality shit and 90% of the time he brings that and I strongly believe he is the greatest producer, even Quik has said Dre has inspired him throughout his career. But even Quik has his not so great beats, nobody's perfect. Dre has got the best back catalogue beatwise in the history of hip-hop imo.

word

I agree with JAE. Quik produces way better beats than Dre and I even feel that when Dre changed his style up when he went to Death Row that he bit off of Quik on some of the sounds that he used. Quik has been very influential to the game. Alot of West Coast rap tries to mimic his style, but just doesn't cut it. Battle Cat is a perfect example...he's only up on half of Quik's game right now. I mean look at the Addictive beat...shit is new and innovative. His impact is felt when a month later Eric Sermon is using the indian sounds in his beats. Quik in producing is very much like E-40 with slang...he comes up with alot of things, but never gets credit for it. I feel for E-40...we got Snoop copying his slang and taking it worldwide, Camron making hits with one of his catch phrases and most people who are saying the shit that E-40 came up with 3 or 4 years ago don't even know who he is. To get back on subject...Quik is so ahead of the game that all you have to listen to is "Tonight" from 1991 and compare it to the shit out today. Sad to say that most of it is not better produced. Niggaz need to give Quik his respect, Dre is not on his level...hell Quik could make a Dre beat in 15 minutes and trick it off to big name artists to get on radio waves. However he's more comfortable making music for himself. He hasn't tried to blow up...the niggaz' only been in like 10 videos in a 11 year career. If he were to decide to put hiself out there, ignorant Dre drones would see the real. But until Quik stops saying "I just take the money, ya'll can have the fame" he won't be a main stream hit maker like Dre. Dre craves the spotlight, that's why he is on top. Dre is a great producer, but don't get it twisted and say that he is the greatest...

Dre didn't bit Quik's shit Quik himself said HE was influenced by Dre alot and that he's a genius.

Nobody said Quik wasn't underrated as fuck in tha mainstream but fact is 'Dre has the best back catalogue beatwise in the history of hip-hop' just like Euthanasia said.

I'm sure Quik could have had alot more influence than he had if he was more known but u can't say he WOULD have done it so we act like he did it.
Actually he didn't, for whatever reason.
And I don't think Quik could have done more than Dre no matter how known he 'd be.
Remember what Dre has done...

And u say Dre's shit became weaker but Quik's Under Tha Influence was also weaker than his earlier shit.

Zero4eva

« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2002, 09:06:03 AM »
Quik vs Dre = DR Period vs. Primo -> no comparison

dexter

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2002, 02:06:55 PM »
Dre is one of the best cali producers. Nwa Death Row Aftermath Nuff SAID.

HairWuzEre

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Offline Offline
  • Timbaland
JAE
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2002, 01:09:11 PM »
HairWuzEre, you totally missed my point completly. I never said i though ja was good its just that.....fuck it. If you cant understand what i said theres no need to say it again.
I completely understand what you're trying to say, but you used a bad example (Ja Rule).

JTPlatnum

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2002, 04:23:30 PM »
it's not dre's music that got people hatin really, it's his personality....he's not the gangsta he claimed to be. that's the only problem i got with the guy....he's not really hardcore, even though his shit is tight
"...Faith is what you make it, that's the hardest shit since MC Ren..." Andre 3000

{sz 8-9} Check my shoe store...NY Kicks! {sz 8-9} http://jtplatnum.ecrater.com

Bomb-AŽ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • The Legend
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2002, 12:47:53 AM »
DAMN RIGHT.
Read my name.