Author Topic: FOR THE DRE HATERS....  (Read 1213 times)

JAE

Re: FOR THE DRE HATERS....
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2002, 09:45:37 AM »

I can only speak for myself and the reason I hate Ja Rule is that he's a fake (for the reason I already mentioned) and the reason I always said he's weak is cuz he IS weak.
I don't hate him cuz he's gay since I don't know if he is.

Perhaps people think it's not even neccessarry no more to mention WHY he's a fake so they just say 'Fuck him' cause nearly everybody agrees anyway.

I dont like him either. I think hes fake and I think his music is shitty. I cant stand commercial rappers. But theres a hell of alot of hypocrites on this board. You all know who you are.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Cross_Over

• Lil Geezy
  • Breakin' ankles on a daily basis...
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2002, 11:43:10 AM »
I like Dre's music. Always have and probably always will, but his sh-t is real repetitve right now. It's a little to simple right now. Did Dre produce that track for Knocturnal Nite and Day...if he did that sh-t is bangin', but the sh-t he's been doin' for Xhibit is boring and so is that new sh-t for Eve. I've always been more of a Quik fan anyway. Quik's been changin' the game alot more than Dre to me.

About Ja Rule. He's just straight weak, the nigga can't even put together a DECENT rhyme anymore."J to the L-O Hello" that is the weakest sh-t I've EVER heard in a rap song. I think Ja my even be gettin' worse, if that's possible...
We're gonna need a doctor I think this kids ankles are broken...

Zero4eva

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2002, 12:02:20 PM »
I don't like Dre. Never liked him. I do respect him tho.

P.S. Multiply is dope. He should have used different drums, but the overall concept is great.

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2002, 12:27:36 PM »
Quik's been changin' the game alot more than Dre to me.

Seriously man, he didn't.

U can of course like him more than Dre but NO producer chanched the game more than Dre.

JAE

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2002, 12:36:00 PM »

Seriously man, he didn't.

U can of course like him more than Dre but NO producer chanched the game more than Dre.

The reason of that is because Quik hasnt had as much commercial success as Dre. Dre changes the game because everyone wants to heard a new dre track. Quik really cant do that because alot of people wont give him a chance. Quik has easily been more original with producing and he is clearly a better artist. Hes one of my fav Rappers. Not just producer. As long as dre keeps the songs comin people will continue to believe hes the best when Quik appears on lots of records and makes guest apperiences and all that. Why do people not recognize it? I guess rap has grown so far that people have theyre little list of artists theyll listen to. No one seems to take chances with underground rap anymore because its played enough on the radio now. Quik has also been doing music almost as long as dre has and is clearly the best producer to the underground heads. PERIOD.

Cross_Over

• Lil Geezy
  • Breakin' ankles on a daily basis...
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2002, 03:37:07 PM »
I agree with JAE. Quik produces way better beats than Dre and I even feel that when Dre changed his style up when he went to Death Row that he bit off of Quik on some of the sounds that he used. Quik has been very influential to the game. Alot of West Coast rap tries to mimic his style, but just doesn't cut it. Battle Cat is a perfect example...he's only up on half of Quik's game right now. I mean look at the Addictive beat...shit is new and innovative. His impact is felt when a month later Eric Sermon is using the indian sounds in his beats. Quik in producing is very much like E-40 with slang...he comes up with alot of things, but never gets credit for it. I feel for E-40...we got Snoop copying his slang and taking it worldwide, Camron making hits with one of his catch phrases and most people who are saying the shit that E-40 came up with 3 or 4 years ago don't even know who he is. To get back on subject...Quik is so ahead of the game that all you have to listen to is "Tonight" from 1991 and compare it to the shit out today. Sad to say that most of it is not better produced. Niggaz need to give Quik his respect, Dre is not on his level...hell Quik could make a Dre beat in 15 minutes and trick it off to big name artists to get on radio waves. However he's more comfortable making music for himself. He hasn't tried to blow up...the niggaz' only been in like 10 videos in a 11 year career. If he were to decide to put hiself out there, ignorant Dre drones would see the real. But until Quik stops saying "I just take the money, ya'll can have the fame" he won't be a main stream hit maker like Dre. Dre craves the spotlight, that's why he is on top. Dre is a great producer, but don't get it twisted and say that he is the greatest...
We're gonna need a doctor I think this kids ankles are broken...

HairWuzEre

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Timbaland
JAE
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2002, 03:57:14 PM »
You guys can say "muthafuck Ja rule" but when someone says eminem sucks your quick to say "dont hate". Think about it.

Thats Real!
::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

The reason that nobody likes Ja Rule is because he has ZER0 talent, whereas Eminem has loads of talent (and skill).

teecee

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2002, 04:17:04 PM »
You know what pisses me off?  When people are not allowed to have fucking opinions!  There are some very narrow-minded people on this board who group people into two sections: "Dickriders" and "Haters".  These pathetic terms are bullshit; i consider myself an avid Dre listener who has been down with him since NWA.  I have loved all of the albums he has been associated with, and i feel he has the potential to at least make a couple more classics (Oh My God and Detox)....does this make me a fucking dickrider?

Or am i a "Hater"?  Because, to me, Dre has fallen the fuck off lately and if i wanna say so what the fuck is the problem?  I own everything he has ever put out, i have supported him and always defended him to endless heights.  I think he is one off the greatest and most complete musical artists of our time.  However, he IS weak right now!  Does that mean i think he sucks now, and that he has no talent?  Of course not, it just means that i have an opinion and i wanna express it, and that is what this board is for.  

I see jerome's point in that we are all spoiled right now and if Dre wasn';t doin so much shit we would be fiendin for his. And Dre has changed up his sound very successfully at least three times..which no other producer has been able to do.  Taking all this into consideration, i still think Dre is worse right now than he has ever been in his whole career!

So, i am a "hater" or a "dickrider", or are some people on this board brainwashed?

JAE

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2002, 05:57:49 PM »
Quik in producing is very much like E-40 with slang...he comes up with alot of things, but never gets credit for it. .

Thats the realest thing said in this thread yet.

ANd HairWuzEre, you totally missed my point completly. I never said i though ja was good its just that.....fuck it. If you cant understand what i said theres no need to say it again.

BL7

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2002, 06:36:13 PM »
I've been saying Dre didn't produce "Multiply" for tha longest. That don't even sound like something he'd make.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2002, 03:00:36 AM »
I mean look at the Addictive beat...shit is new and innovative. His impact is felt when a month later Eric Sermon is using the indian sounds in his beats.

Not to take anything away from Quik, I got much love for him, but he wasn't the first to use an indian sample, there's an old remix of Eric B & Rakim's tune, "Paid In Full" that uses an indian sample, it's also the beat Nas used for his "Stillmatic" freestyle. I don't know if Quik got his inspiration from that beat but it came about long before Quik made "Addictive", also, for all we know "React" could of been recorded before "Addictive" ever made the airways. But yeah, "Addictive" was/is possibly the best and most recognisable beat to be made this year, and I hate it when people try to credit Dre for it, but thats what people come to expect from Dre, high quality shit and 90% of the time he brings that and I strongly believe he is the greatest producer, even Quik has said Dre has inspired him throughout his career. But even Quik has his not so great beats, nobody's perfect. Dre has got the best back catalogue beatwise in the history of hip-hop imo.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Zero4eva

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2002, 03:11:57 AM »
That's no "Indian beat" at all, that's Ofra Haza. She's from Israel and died of Aids a few years ago. Ironically she/her lawyers sued Eric B & Rakim for the use of the sample.
The Addictive sample is indeed an Indian sample...

P.S. Didn't Just Blaze produce Erick's "React"?

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2002, 03:42:29 AM »
That's no "Indian beat" at all, that's Ofra Haza. She's from Israel and died of Aids a few years ago. Ironically she/her lawyers sued Eric B & Rakim for the use of the sample.
The Addictive sample is indeed an Indian sample...

P.S. Didn't Just Blaze produce Erick's "React"?

Man, it still sounds like some indian shit, lol, infact when I first heard "Addictive" it reminded me of that remix straight away because the sound is so similar, just because she's not actually indian doesn't mean he couldn't of been influenced by that sound. Anyways, I did say if you read my post that I don't know if he was directly influenced by that sample. Also, yeah, "React" was produced by Just Blaze.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Zero4eva

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2002, 03:53:36 AM »
>= link=board=general;num=1032071750;start=20#27 date=09/16/02 at 08:42:29]

Man, it still sounds like some indian shit, lol, infact when I first heard "Addictive" it reminded me of that remix straight away because the sound is so similar, just because she's not actually indian doesn't mean he couldn't of been influenced by that sound. Anyways, I did say if you read my post that I don't know if he was directly influenced by that sample. Also, yeah, "React" was produced by Just Blaze.

It's Arabian influenced music vs. Indian music. They're usin different instruments and rhythms. But you're right, sometimes they're soundin rather similar. Just Blaze might be influenced (well, he pretty sure was ;D), just like Timbaland and all the others. Seems to be some kind of bandwaggon...

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2002, 07:51:14 AM »
>= link=board=general;num=1032071750;start=20#25 date=09/16/02 at 08:00:36]
thats what people come to expect from Dre, high quality shit and 90% of the time he brings that and I strongly believe he is the greatest producer, even Quik has said Dre has inspired him throughout his career. But even Quik has his not so great beats, nobody's perfect. Dre has got the best back catalogue beatwise in the history of hip-hop imo.

word

I agree with JAE. Quik produces way better beats than Dre and I even feel that when Dre changed his style up when he went to Death Row that he bit off of Quik on some of the sounds that he used. Quik has been very influential to the game. Alot of West Coast rap tries to mimic his style, but just doesn't cut it. Battle Cat is a perfect example...he's only up on half of Quik's game right now. I mean look at the Addictive beat...shit is new and innovative. His impact is felt when a month later Eric Sermon is using the indian sounds in his beats. Quik in producing is very much like E-40 with slang...he comes up with alot of things, but never gets credit for it. I feel for E-40...we got Snoop copying his slang and taking it worldwide, Camron making hits with one of his catch phrases and most people who are saying the shit that E-40 came up with 3 or 4 years ago don't even know who he is. To get back on subject...Quik is so ahead of the game that all you have to listen to is "Tonight" from 1991 and compare it to the shit out today. Sad to say that most of it is not better produced. Niggaz need to give Quik his respect, Dre is not on his level...hell Quik could make a Dre beat in 15 minutes and trick it off to big name artists to get on radio waves. However he's more comfortable making music for himself. He hasn't tried to blow up...the niggaz' only been in like 10 videos in a 11 year career. If he were to decide to put hiself out there, ignorant Dre drones would see the real. But until Quik stops saying "I just take the money, ya'll can have the fame" he won't be a main stream hit maker like Dre. Dre craves the spotlight, that's why he is on top. Dre is a great producer, but don't get it twisted and say that he is the greatest...

Dre didn't bit Quik's shit Quik himself said HE was influenced by Dre alot and that he's a genius.

Nobody said Quik wasn't underrated as fuck in tha mainstream but fact is 'Dre has the best back catalogue beatwise in the history of hip-hop' just like Euthanasia said.

I'm sure Quik could have had alot more influence than he had if he was more known but u can't say he WOULD have done it so we act like he did it.
Actually he didn't, for whatever reason.
And I don't think Quik could have done more than Dre no matter how known he 'd be.
Remember what Dre has done...

And u say Dre's shit became weaker but Quik's Under Tha Influence was also weaker than his earlier shit.