Author Topic: chirac speaks some sense for once  (Read 117 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
chirac speaks some sense for once
« on: November 17, 2004, 12:45:37 AM »
Chirac questions US-led Iraq war
French President Jacques Chirac says he is "not at all sure" the world has become safer with the removal from power of Iraqi leader, Saddam Hussein.
In a BBC interview Mr Chirac suggests the situation in Iraq has helped to prompt an increase in terrorism.

The interview for BBC Two's Newsnight on Wednesday comes ahead of President Chirac's visit to Britain this week.

President Chirac also maintains that any intervention in Iraq should have been through the United Nations.

There's no doubt that there has been an increase in terrorism and one of the origins of that has been the situation in Iraq
French President Jacques Chirac 

"To a certain extent Saddam Hussein's departure was a positive thing, " Mr Chirac says when asked if the world is safer now as US President George W Bush has repeatedly stated.

"But it also provoked reactions, such as the mobilisation in a number of countries, of men and women of Islam, which has made the world more dangerous," Mr Chirac says.

"There's no doubt that there has been an increase in terrorism and one of the origins of that has been the situation in Iraq.

"I'm not at all sure that one can say that the world is safer," President Chirac says.

He also signals that be believes Britain's support for the US-led war has brought few dividends.

The signs are that he and British Prime Minister Tony Blair will again at best agree to disagree on the Iraq war, says the BBC World Affairs correspondent, Mike Wooldridge.

Mr Blair will then hope to move on.

You can see the interview with President Chirac on Newsnight on BBC Two at 2230 GMT on Wednesday 17 November

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/world/middle_east/4018325.stm

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

acbaylove

Re: chirac speaks some sense for once
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2004, 10:16:45 AM »
I think he's saying those things since.. ever? ::)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2004, 12:27:02 PM »
yes but most of his views i disagree with and  i thaught i would just remind everyone that not every head of state is living in their own little world telling us we are safer now and we are winning the war on terror in iraq

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

acbaylove

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2004, 02:40:13 PM »
yes but most of his views i disagree with and  i thaught i would just remind everyone that not every head of state is living in their own little world telling us we are safer now and we are winning the war on terror in iraq

Actually nobody but Bush and (maybe) Blair are saying so. ;D