Author Topic: Rolling Stone Top 500 songs of all time TOP 50 NOW  (Read 2389 times)

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
Re: Rolling Stone Top 500 songs of all time (Only top 10 in thread)
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2004, 07:46:54 PM »
The list was not made up by the magazine. It was made up by a group of 172 voters, inluding producers, song writers, analysts, and was calculated with a points system.

interresting
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re: Rolling Stone Top 500 songs of all time TOP 50 NOW
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2004, 11:29:58 AM »
Upped with top 50

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2004, 11:45:39 AM »
top 50 looks better
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2004, 11:47:40 AM »
my 2 fav songs are 26 & 31 :(

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2004, 11:54:29 AM »
They could've picked a better Bowie song I think. I mean Heroes is a great song, but he's got better ones. Ziggy Stardust should be way up there, in the top 25.

And where is Prince, Purple Rain? When Doves Cry?

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Trauma-san

Re: Rolling Stone Top 500 songs of all time (Only top 10 in thread)
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2004, 12:05:15 PM »
TRAUMA,
        As much as you try to be this all-knowing, more mature than everyone in the world sort of guy, you actually come off as quite immature and stupid, and its quite obvious you are trying just a little too hard.  Give it up..........I am pretty sure most people on this board quit trusting your opinions when you were saying MJ's Invincible album was classic. 

& the difference between me and you is you remember what I said years ago; and I don't know who the fuck you are.  HOLLA!!!~

teecee

« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2004, 03:00:12 PM »
Well Trauma, i guess if you dont know me i must be a nobody on this board, which really breaks my heart!  See, i dont post everyday so i dont have 10000 posts, but i have been around for quite awhile and most people on this board would probably say they respect my opinion.  I dont have a flashy sig or pics with my posts so yeah, i dont get noticed, but that is not my intent.  I'm entitled to my opinion though, and i think you are trying to hard to be some sort of god music critic, its amusing, i said it, no big deal  peace

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2004, 03:44:00 PM »
Is this top 500 just songs in general of all time, or like rock n roll songs?

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2004, 06:42:05 PM »

Everything I believe.

Paris

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2004, 08:01:36 PM »
"i want to hold your hand" is higher than "in my life" !?!?! what the fuck.

I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2004, 10:26:42 PM »

Everything I believe.

Actually I think it's from when the rock n roll era began. I don't see any pre 50s songs. I could be wrong though.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2004, 01:39:08 AM »
Rolling Stones list of top 500 songs is an example of racial prejudice.  Notice there is no 2pac, Fugee's, Rakim, Dr. Dre, Snoop Doggy Dogg, or rap artist at the top of this list.  They threw in a few token R@B artists, but let's be real, everyone knows African American's make better music than white people, African's brought the music with them over from the slave ships.  There are very few select white artists that can compete at their level, Rolling Stone's list should reflect this fact.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2004, 07:23:54 AM »
Rolling Stones list of top 500 songs is an example of racial prejudice.  Notice there is no 2pac, Fugee's, Rakim, Dr. Dre, Snoop Doggy Dogg, or rap artist at the top of this list.  They threw in a few token R@B artists, but let's be real, everyone knows African American's make better music than white people, African's brought the music with them over from the slave ships.  There are very few select white artists that can compete at their level, Rolling Stone's list should reflect this fact.

wow. that's the same exact quote you said as in the 'rolling stones top 50 artists' thread.

use your fucking brain.

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2004, 09:29:58 AM »

lmao, what a moron. if some fucking black person isnt praised for something they did its always racial prejudice huh. you're  a fuckin moron

I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2004, 11:28:22 PM »

shut the fuck up

elvis
Frank Zappa
Bob Dylan
Eric Clapton
Jimmy Page

are just as good as ANY 5 black rock artists if not better

i know it's going to hurt your lil ears but rock is a superior musical genre compared to rap, infact all rap is a subgenre under Chuck Berry's and Elivs' love child

now for my next attack

The Rolling stones (the band not the magazine) being TOTALLY disregarded and dismissed as Bullshit.....hold the fuck on! i'll put "satisfaction" and "angie" above  "just my imagination" ANY day of the week. mo town is the shit down get me wrong that was a musical force but mo town has died....lol the stones never have

Derek and the Dominos bullshit!?! woooooooooooaaaaaaa

"bell bottom Blues and ESPECIALLY "LAYLA"! are alllll time mother fucking classics. Laylas (the original is up there with such great epics as "stairway" "Freebird" "Bohemian" and ect. and not to mention the unplugged version is ALSO an all time great song.....

take a dose or two of some pepto cuz you sir are bullshitting all over the place!

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09