Author Topic: Snoop Dogg - Rhythm & Gangsta: The Masterpiece - REVIEW  (Read 2228 times)

PLANT

Snoop Dogg - Rhythm & Gangsta: The Masterpiece - REVIEW
« on: November 17, 2004, 06:57:20 PM »

1.  I Love to give you Light
Great beat from the Alchemist on this intro.  What a dope way to start the album.  Snoop flows his ass off on this. 4/5

2.  Bang Out
One of the albums dopest beats.  I think longer verses could have made this song better, never the less...A dope song. 4/5

3.  Drop it like it's Hot ft. Pharrell
This is a song you will either love or hate.  IMO this beat is just bonkers!  Snoop flow fits perfect on here, and Pharrell spit some dope shit aswell.  The song is very catchy and has a nice chorus.   Great lead single. 5/5

4.  Can I get a Flicc w U ft. Bootsy Collins
Im not sure whether I like this track yet or not.  The flow and chorus are cool, but I just cant really get into this beat.  Id have to say this is one of the weaker songs on R & G.  2.5/5

5.  Ups & Downs
This is Snoop on a more serious note.  I cant really say Ive heard a Snoop track where hes making you think about shit in a long time.  I really enjoy this song.  The hook is real nice and Snoop is spitting some nice shit witha dope flow. 4/5

6.  The Bidness
DAMN!  Now this is the kinda Snoop I wanna hear!  Hes just ripping this beat with the viscious flow we all miss from Snoop.  Soopafly definatly hooked up a dope beat on here.  I like how the beat switches up at the end of each bar.  This is an "In Your Face" type of track.  Pretty hard compared to the other stuff Snoops been doing.  5/5

7.  Snoop D. O. Double G.
The track right here reminds me of Snoops "Doggfather" days.  A nice, laid back beat from Sha Money fits Snoop well on this track.  Another dope hook and a nice flow make this song pretty tight.  4/5

8.  Let's Get Blown ft. Pharrell
This is some chillin out kinda music right here.  This is a funky track you can ride to.  Im lovin those horns they added to the hook, reminds me of some old G Funk type shit.  Snoop is flowing dope on here, I just wish he would stop rapping about chicks all the time.  Dope song tho.  4/5

9.  Step Yo Game Up ft. Lil Jon & Trina
WHOA!  This song is totally X RATED and im loving it!  Lil Jon gave Snoop a crazy beat for this and its a hype track for the clubs.  Snoop drops a really dope verse and suprisingly, Trina fits the track well.  "STEP YO GAME UP!" 5/5

10.  Perfect ft. Charlie Wilson
Another "Beautiful" track right here.  If you can stand it, it could be dope.  If you love the "G Shit" you will hate this song.  Its pretty smooth and funky.  Altho Snoop is rapping about chicks again, it doesnt really take away from the vibe of the song.  3/5

11.  W Ballz Interlude
DJ EZ DICK IS BACK!!!    I love it!

12.  Fresh Pair of Panties On
Man, this is some real smooth playa type shit here.  This song is so dope IMO.  Snoop spits some dope shit and the hook is crazy!  I can relax and blaze some chronic w a chick to this one.  One of my fav. songs on the album. 5/5

13.  Promise I
A really dope beat here.  You can bob your head to this one.  I like the flow Snoop comes with and the hook is fresh.  Once again, Snoop is spitting some shit that might make you think which is a new look for Snoop.  Great song.  4/5

14.  Oh No ft. 50 Cent
Both Snoop and 50 brought the heat on this track.  Im loving it when Snoop is saying shit like "187 oh ya now u Remember"...Very dope beat, and a great guest appearance from 50.  This is one of the albums stand out tracks for sure.  5/5

15.  Can U Control Yo Hoe ft. Soopafly
Well, right away It reminds me of "Da Boss Woul Like to C You" because I feel they wasted a sick beat in some way.  Soopafly says some cool shit and then instead of Snoop singing some bullshit he shoulda dropped a verse at least.  I guess its a cool song, but I think they coulda done alot more with the beat here.  2.5/5

16.  Signs ft. Justin Timberlake & Charlie Wilson
Another song you will either Love or Hate.  Im actually suprised how much I like this song because I hate Justin Timberlake.  I must say, out of all the songs Snoop sings on, this is my favorite one, and he drops a couple nice verses aswell.  Funky track with a real bounce to it.  Charlie Wilson doing that "Oooooooeeeee" shit is real dope too!  Very fresh track here. 5/5

17.  Im Thru Witchu ft. Soopafly
Im not sure what to think about this track.  But I know I dont like it.  They say some funny shit that could have been used on a skit for a Chuuch mixtape.  Filler!
1/5

18.  Pass it, Pass it ft. Pharrell
Ahhh, the albums "Weed Anthem" right here.  Some of the best Snoop Dogg lyrics Ive ever heard.  Reminds me of the song Snoop did for "...Neptunes Present the Clones" cd.  Cool beat.  Please dont be Greedy...NO! 4/5

19.  Girl Like U ft. Nelly
By this point, Im wondering what the fuck Snoop is doing a song with Nelly for?  However, the song aint as bad as I anticipated it would be.  Not a bad track, but not great either.  3/5

20.  No Thang on Me ft. Bootsy Collins
Cool way to end the album IMO.  I really like this beat, it has a nice feel to it.  Bootsy Collins is one funny dude.  4/5

Ok, so I think if they trimmed the album down to 14 or 15 tracks it would be much stronger.  All the producers did a great job here and the album was mixed very well.  Overall, Im really happy the way it turned out.  I got to hear some Old school Snoop Dogg shit, some Doggfather type shit, some hard Crunk shit and some Smooth smoked out shit.  This album was not made for the westcoast, but for people to enjoy music.  Snoop does a great job of making music IMO whether it is, "Rhythm" or "Gangsta"....and the title fits the album perfectly IMO.  Overall, Rhythm & Gangsta gets a 4/5 from me.  Chuuch!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2004, 04:19:40 AM by Represent. »

Don Breezio

Re: Snoop Dogg - Rhythm & Gangsta: The Masterpiece - REVIEW
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2004, 12:06:20 AM »
first off i would like to say i am not at all a snoop fan....dont even own any snoop albums....

i downloaded and listened to about half of this today....and i actually really enjoyed most of it....im gonna listen to the rest later...this impressed me

So Much Style

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2004, 07:24:19 PM »
 i agree with your album whole-heartedly....except for "fresh pair of panties" that shit is wack....but overall the album is tight as fuck. great smoking album
So much style back at it again

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2004, 11:09:16 PM »
I thought it was decent..way better than paid the cost...
i would also give it a solid 3/5

israelihiphop

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2004, 06:21:40 PM »
I agree mostly with the review, xcept I really like can I get a Flicc witchu and thought Fresh pair of panties should have definitely been left off...album like most should have fewer trax like u said...

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2004, 08:21:51 PM »
3/5 and thats generous
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

notorious^q8I

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • KUWAITI........
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2004, 10:12:30 AM »
as i said before its a decent album
but its just not snoop

CLASSIC.... west is BACK

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2004, 02:32:47 PM »
man some of the shit on this album just doesnt have a place on a snoop solo.........justin timberlake???............snooop came real strong on some joints though, still to this day he got the maddest flow in the game when he comes tight imo........cuz its the most unique to, but the album got to many soft joints and has its up n downs

3.5/5..........musically dope, snoop came strong, but its not consistant.........it duz prove his still one of the most diverse niggaz in the game tho, can rap over many different style beats and comes with something different with each album, but its now time to hit up dre and make that real funk/pimp/real/gansta shit snoop n dre duz......cuz to me it sounds like snoops focused, he just needs direction....

i'd post a detialed review, but im to busy, another time..........oh by the way snoop do double g is str8 heat

peace

prince

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2004, 06:43:00 PM »
tyte review

I actually really like this album

Denial! Is Actively Joinin The Revolution

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2005, 06:00:59 PM »
i hated it 1.5/5 for makin me laugh wit that lame ass single... snoop needs to stopin fuckin wit the neptunes
Hittman is not a real person. He was a computer program generated by Dr. Dre and Mel Man back in the mid 90's. When Dre started treating Mel-Man like shit, Mel infiltrated the computer and put a virus in the hittman program

authentic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2005, 10:37:27 PM »
weak...i aint gonna blame it all on pharrel, cuz u see how pharrel produced the #1 single of america. But it couldve been way better

soopa-man

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2005, 09:26:28 AM »
cool review i agree with pretty much what u said, its a cool cd with some good and bad surprises

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2005, 09:30:13 AM »
REPRESENT, just seeing yopu rate it 4/5 makes me not wana read your review

Caution2006

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2005, 03:19:40 AM »
shittiest snoop album ever i give it a  1/10 and im just being generous too..

::Mr. Hahn::

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2005, 03:31:55 AM »
i give it 3.5/5

Way too overated. I only liked Drop it like its hot and lets get blown and the lil jon song.
Currently Training at:
www.VT1GYM.com

Gang Starr

"But they can't take the respect, that I've earned in my lifetime
And you know they'll never stop the furious force of my rhymes
So like they say, every dog has it's day
And like they say, God works in a mysterious way
So I pray, remembering the days of my youth
As I prepare to meet my moment of truth"