Author Topic: Beanie Sigel Preps For Year In Jail  (Read 54 times)

Gotti......Xl

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thug Life
Beanie Sigel Preps For Year In Jail
« on: November 18, 2004, 03:31:42 AM »
Beanie Sigel Preps For Year In Jail

Beanie Sigel says there's nothing to glorify about going to jail. "I'll tell you now, I don't want to be there," Sigs said last week in New York. Last Monday, Beans started to serve his one-year-and-one-day prison term stemming from a federal gun charge.

But if you listen to the radio and mixtapes and watch TV during the next several months, it will feel like Sigel is still here. He worked like a madman to finish his upcoming LP, The B. Coming, and shot four videos before going to jail.

"We got an MP3 to my crib about 2:30, 3 p.m.," Sigel said of making a song with the Neptunes. "I did the song that night. I was on set about 7 a.m. the next morning doing the video."

Sigel, who says he's going to relax, plot and strategize while incarcerated, admits his biggest fear about going to prison is not being out of the public eye but getting used to life on the inside.

"I think that might be the scariest part, getting used to living that way," he said. "Once you get used to it, you're like, whatever. You won't monitor yourself or conduct yourself with the behavior you need to get out."

Sigel's new video, "Feel It in the Air," features an acting appearance from Method Man and just hit the airwaves. In addition to his B. Coming LP, Sig says he has 10 more "strong songs" sitting in his stash. He also just finished recording a new version of "The Truth" with Jaheim.

After his album drops, Sig says State Property are putting out Peedi Crakk's debut and their next family album, which is supposed to highlight Oschino and Sparks; an O and Sparks LP should follow shortly after that.

Sigel says there are no members to the S.P. chain gang, but he does endorse Joe Budden coming over to Roc-A-Fella proper if that deal materializes.

"I heard about that," he says. "That'll be good. I like Joe Budden."