Author Topic: Hittman/King Tee/Eminem/Rakim/Ice Cube - The diff.  (Read 938 times)

Jome

Hittman/King Tee/Eminem/Rakim/Ice Cube - The diff.
« on: September 12, 2002, 06:04:37 PM »
all these people saying: "Oh, Dre taking 4 years to release a album or 2, shit never comes out."
Some people act like he's a CD-factory.

I think the reason why Hittman & King Tee never came out, was because Hitt & Tee didn't push enough themselves.
I think they was basically sitting around waiting for Dre to make them some beats, and get it cracking.

Remember Dre said about Xzibit: "I don't like people sitting around waiting for me to reach my arms out to them, I don't own nobody no favours. Xzibit just came into the studio, ready to work, did a hot verse, and he was out, and we basically had a hot track right there"

I think that's why we get a Xzibit album every 2 years, a Eminem album every 2 years, and a Snoop album every 2 years.
This is people who knows the industry, and what it takes, and I don't think Hittman & King Tee has the same business-head as Snoop, Em & Xzibit.

If Hittman wanted to blow up, he should have:

* Gotten on some cameos to hype up his album
* Done a few freestyles over well-known beats, and released them through some mixtape-DJ
* Gotten on the Wash OST, as he had the chance to.
* Made a few cuts with other producers outside Dre's camp.

= Bottomline, I think Dre wasn't totally happy with Hittman and his efforts.

New After-bwoy Ice Cube does NOT have to sit around and wait for Dre.
Cube can:
* produce his own shit like always.
* holla at any producer in the game, he oughta know everybody.
* Get everything cracking himself, he's a big-name who knows other big-names, and he's a smart business-man.

And then when he got some hot tracks done, he can holla at Dre for a few cuts to top the album off.

^^ This is basically what Eminem & Snoop did for their  last albums.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Zero

Re: Hittman/King Tee/Eminem/Rakim/Ice Cube - The d
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2002, 09:35:08 PM »
btw, multiply is a bangin joint  ;D

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2002, 09:45:29 PM »

he did ONE :/

* Done a few freestyles over well-known beats, and released them through some mixtape-DJ
he did, thru ben baller.. i got sent a copy.

yup yup

and up in smoke... should used the dvd to advertise himself man...

Zero

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2002, 09:48:33 PM »

he did ONE :/

he did, thru ben baller.. i got sent a copy.

yup yup

and up in smoke... should used the dvd to advertise himself man...

I'm not hatin, but Hittman lacks of talent and potential. He's no Devin.....

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2002, 12:28:43 AM »
You made some good points Jome, and I think to a certain extent they are probably true. I mean Dre ain't the only one that has to work hard, the artists need to be willing to push themselves too, maybe Hitt and Tee weren't hungry enough and that made the process even longer than it normally would be with Dre just being the prefectionist that he is. I wish both dropped with Aftermath though, both were great talents imo and  they could of helped to put the Math on the map even more so with the right material.

And with Cube, it's like Rud said, he has enough money and contacts to get whatever producers he needs for a new record, Aftermath is just a label for him to be affiliated with so he can release something etc, sure Dre will probably be involved but not as much as he did with say Em when he started out. Cube is a vet, he knows this industry inside out by now, he knows what he's gotta do.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Celtic_Fan

• 'G'
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2002, 01:00:36 AM »
Tee's album wasn't Dre's fault, after the vcompilation didn't to well Interscope wouldn't release Thy Kingdom Come they wanted the Em album first so King decided to Bounce and Dre gave him his album.
Slurred words, double vision, brain bustin, head rushin
Since I'm too drunk to walk, I rock a party on crutches
and still rush the roughest MC who wanna get it
Forget it, it's Likwit, Tha Liks and, Xzibit
Ca-Tash on the blast the final piece to the puzzle
I slap bitches on the ass I slap tits up out the muzzle
I shuffle with the microphone, bang rhymes consistant
You wack and I'm Ca-Tash and that's the motherfuckin difference
For instance, "21 and Over" set your clocks back
(Tick tock tick tock) Still standin where the rocks at
Two-thousand-one, we still young guns that's +Restless+&

ExZit

• CPG Recordz CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • COMPTONS MOST WANTED
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2002, 02:20:36 AM »
yea.. Tee's album is tight   :o ... even dre likes it..... i think  :D
- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2006 - - -

- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2005 - - -

budsmokeronly

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2002, 05:09:22 AM »
yeah good points jome

verbalassaulta

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2002, 05:34:33 AM »
though your points sound reasonable...i dont think they apply to this situation...dre is either so much of a perfectionist or is just a lazy ass....you think detox will be out anytime soon????  and look at the wash...lazy effort

AfterMathematics

• 'G'
  • West Coast Represent for all y'all
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2002, 05:44:03 AM »
I agree with everything Jome said. In addition, I also feel that with Hittman, he had an opportunity to blow the fuck up with 2001. He was all over that album, and he was hailed as the next Dr. Dre protege, on the level of Snoop and Eminem. Unfortunately, the public didn't see him that way. Critics labeled him as boring, and most of my friends didn't even notice him on that album as being anything special, until I pointed out that he was the "next Dre protege."

The fact of the matter is, when the OG Chronic dropped, Snoop just skyrocketed into the public eye. He was a superstar before he even dropped his first solo. There's a reason why people generally consider Doggystyle one of the most anticipated, if not THE most anticipated, rap album of all time. Same thing with Eminem. Dre took a chance with him, helped him release an album, let him loose, and the shit went 3x platinum. In both Snoop and Em's cases, the minute they dropped a few verses over a Dre beat it became pretty quickly clear that they would push some serious units. Even with Xzibit, who didn't have initial commercial success, you can argue that once he ripped his verse on B Please, that he'd proven he had what it takes to go platinum with some help from Dre.

After listening to the leaked Hittman Advance, I can see why Dre signed him. Some of the tracks are straight heat, and I really like Hittman's flow. Unfortunately, as many an underground cat will tell you, the most you can ask for as an up and coming rapper is a chance to shine. When 7 million people buy an album that you're all over, and only a handful of hardcore fans notice you, then what can you expect? Dre, Aftermath, Interscope, and Universal aren't in this business for the hell of it. At the end of the day, it's to make money. Spending time, money, resources and talent on an artist who has already failed to catch the public's eye, in spite of widespread exposure, is a risky venture at best. A producer at Dre's level doesn't have to take that kind of risk.

Murrow

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2002, 08:55:21 PM »
Hittman had his chance in 2000.  '99 was too early, and 2001 ewas too late.

4 KiN L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Me Beamer...
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2002, 12:00:02 AM »
hittman is virtually unheard of on the streets unlees ur into dre, king tee has never been mentioned to me my whole life...other than on the internet!

he knows em, dre and snoop will sell...but put it this way...an album from them every 2 years is like:
i don;t like eminem no more, his jokes are old and he needs some new humour, his latest single 'cleaning out my closet' is his worst yet. his single b4 that carries on old jokes...

xizibit - multiply is fuckin terrible...sorry but it fuckin is...i hate it!

snoop...no need to explain about snoop!

and thats the kind of shit that goes on...to me i'd rather dre spend 4 years on an artist and me like their shit rather than him spend 2 years and me not likin it...

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2002, 07:07:23 AM »
I agree with everything Jome said.

dexter

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2002, 01:59:04 PM »
mULTIPLY IS Dope!

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2002, 11:55:41 PM »
I dont really buy all that ^^

I mean for real... you say it like tha only reason Hittman or King Tee didn't blow up is cuz they didn't really want to. Like they were just laggin'. Like they didn't want tha millions of dollars.. Like Dre Called Hittman one day and said "What's up Homie, I got this Hot Track, Come Over To Tha Studio.."... and Hittman says "Damn, I'm Kinda Busy Smokin This Blunt Right Now... I'll Just Holler At You Tomorrow"... I doubt it.

4 Kin L has tha real answer. He says he never hears Hittman's or King Tee's names mentioned on "tha streets"... Foo' what you know about "tha streets"? I bet you're from Overseas or some shit... but whatever... I guess tha streets consist of Teenage Kids that go to school and watch MTV all day. Well that's who they target, and if them kids aint feeling it then it aint gettin put out.

I know Dre is tha head of Aftermath but I also know there's people above him, tha rich white execs who really decide what gets put out. They put out whatever is gonna gain them tha most Profits. They put Hittman all over 2001, even gave him his own track, They also gave him like 10 seconds of exposure on the end of the "Forgot About Dre" video.. but tha only people who really gave a fuck about Hittman were tha hardcore Dr Dre fans. Tha TRL Crew wasn't feelin him so Aftermath had to let him go... or put him on hold till "Gangsta Gangsta" was in again.

And then you say that Hitt and Tee didn't put forth enough effort? Man them fools already had their Albums finished! READY TO DROP... "Thy Kingdom Come" even got Reviewed by The Source. I Remember hearing it got like 3 or 3.5 mics)... I guess that wasn't good enough for Dre, Especially after the Aftermath Comp flopped... so he had to put King Tee on hold. And King Tee has been around since tha N.W.A days.. I'm pretty sure he learned a lil something about tha way the Industry works in 10 plus years.

I aint a Dre Hater... I'll be tha first to give him his props... he gets down. But I just kinda lose respect for him as an artist sometimes. It seems like he's more about the Business. And that's all good I guess... But it makes his music less real IMO. Like he's put a buck over his homies any day. Not even.. I see it as if Dre doesn't even have homies.. like Xzibit, Eminem, Snoop... they aint really Dre's homies.. they're his Business Associates. That goes for his N.W.A people too.

And the reason Snoop, Eminem, and Xzibit are droppin a cd every 2 years isn't really because they work so hard at it.. It's more likely because they're making so much money off of it. They're big right now so it's easy for them to get their music published. Now for someone like King Tee who hasn't had too much luck.... of course it's gonna be harder for him to put an album out. Record execs aint as confident about puttin money into King Tee as they are puttin money into Eminem who makes them millions every time he talks.

Same thing when it comes to Ice Cube... He didnt have to go to Aftermath. Of Course He's not gonna sit around and wait for Dre... He dont need Dre at all.. So what does that have to do with anything? Only reason I think he's on Aftermath is cuz it's like a Natural Born Killer Reunion... Dre + Cube is gonna sell no matter what. And both their names are gonna be on tha cover... especially after Ice Cube's carreer has slowly been declining over tha last couple years.  

It's all Business... And all I gots to say is fuck Tha Industry... I just want tha Music... I aint a businessman.... I'm just about gettin stoned and listening to Rap Music.

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee