Author Topic: want to shoot a president?  (Read 181 times)

Thirteen

want to shoot a president?
« on: November 22, 2004, 08:51:56 PM »
nope you don't get to pick bush

-----------------------------------------------------------

JFK Reloaded picks up press, none pretty

Putting gamers in the role of Lee Harvey Oswald has put the game's makers in the hot seat.
The game's developer is calling it a "docu-game," but most of the press surrounding the release of the $9.95 downloadable game from Scottish developer/publisher Traffic Management is calling it utterly bad taste.

The game, JFK Reloaded, offers a single-player experience that casts gamers in the role of convicted assassin Lee Harvey Oswald who, by most accounts, was the sole sniper who shot and killed then-president John F. Kennedy in Dallas on November 22, 1963.

Reacting to news of the game, a spokesman for John F. Kennedy's only living brother, Sen. Edward M. Kennedy, called the game "despicable."

The developer said in a statement that it took a "ten-man team seven months to research and six months to program an accurate recreation of the surroundings and events of November 22, 1963….Painstakingly detailed, the reconstruction enables players to examine the challenges that faced Oswald and determine on their own if he was, in fact, the only shooter on that fateful day."

The Kennedy's spokesman, David Smith, told the Associated Press he had no comment on whether the Senator's family intended to block sales of the game. Apparently, the game does not carry an ESRB rating.

By Curt Feldman -- GameSpot

Sikotic™

Re: want to shoot a president?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2004, 01:58:54 AM »
As fucked up and offensive as it may seem, it is a part of history.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2004, 07:01:48 AM »
This game is huge in the Middle East.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2004, 02:06:55 PM »
That would be kinda interesting to play. It's not like you have some sort of agenda against JFK. It's about what really happened. If I want to go murder innocent people in video game land, I'll play San Andreas.