Author Topic: Your Parents Thoughts On Hip-Hop  (Read 277 times)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re: Your Parents Thoughts On Hip-Hop
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2004, 03:09:00 AM »
my mom doesnt like it b/c of the bass. My dad says he really likes the beats but the guys rapping fuck the track up lol. He likes the song big poppa tho lol.
lol same shit here too... your talkin boutthe lox jawn right? my dad also like stuff like thugs mansion (acoustic), lose yourself, get by, etc..

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2004, 06:49:23 AM »
In an interview with Brian Wilson earlier this year, they asked him what modern music he listened to... he said some funny shit (you know he's completely out of touch with reality, basically)... he said that modern music was crap, he called it crap instead of rap (and then laughed histerically like he was the first to think of that)... and then said

"Everybody sounds so angry.  I can't understand what they're saying.  I want to go up and just tap them on the shoulder, and say "Excuse Me, Can I help you with Something?"

::)

may i use the word naive? also, as if 'modern music' = rap. Other artists his age know their 'modern music' too...i think Paul McCartney for example is quite interesting to listen to when he talks about music nowadays. this ^ is, uhm, not the result of analyzing music in a differentiated way ::) (which is nothing appalling actually, only for a musician of his calibre i think it's a rather embarassing statement)

Sikx

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • pulu<3hewi
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2004, 10:57:55 AM »
my mom hates it, and so does my dad, still banging it on my stereos  ;D

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2004, 12:58:01 PM »
Neither like it, my Dad & I listen to other music together though so it's cool. Last night We were listening to Charley Pride, Jimi Hendrix and Jimmie Vaughan.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Throwback

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2004, 01:03:45 PM »
my dad doesnt like it, he think hes too old for it. it could be dope if he was like 17,18. but he isnt. but he likes other types of music which i like too. so we're cool aboot it. and my mom doesnt like hiphop either i guess, but she doesnt say anything about it.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2004, 01:36:06 PM »
as for the og subject, both of my parents can enjoy it for a minute, but they're not really into it, sometimes they just like some of the stuff they hear

Sikotic™

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2004, 01:47:33 PM »
They both used to like it back in the late 80's & early 90's. They just grew out of it but still listen from time to time.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

chronic01

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • StR8 Westcoast
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2004, 04:31:56 PM »
my parents tell me its the devils music hahhaha

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2004, 08:25:38 PM »
my moms says its "trashy" I thought that only described dirty white people, not folks that spend money to look good