Author Topic: Dj Quik is a fool...  (Read 1133 times)

Woodrow

Re: Dj Quik is a fool...
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2002, 04:42:19 PM »
I said that to get people wondering what I was talkin about,.. if the title was Dj Quik, ud probably never heard of this track. Yea I heard he was trying to clear this shit but I also heard somethin bout a law suit... Quik can make dope beats without THIS sample, it makes the song original but.. less "addictive"

How does the clearance of a sample that Quik used relate to how good of a track it is?

for the part about me not knowing about the track, take a look at an update I did on 8/04/02:

"Secondly, I'll show you all the original sample that Quik used for Truth Hurts hit song, Addictive. It's done by a lady named Lata Mangeshkar, and the song is called: Thoda Resham Lagta Hai. Be sure to listen to around the 5:20 mark and you can hear the best part. I have no idea how Quik heard this song and turned it into what it is today. Pure Genius if you ask me."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

P Nelson

• 40 illa
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Dj Quik is a fool...
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2002, 04:50:38 PM »
No all I said its that the song would still be good without this sample, ye Quik is open minded, I respect it but he took some big risks...

Anywayz I wasnt really talkin to u cuz u were juss givin ur opinions and fact I was juss talkin to the "Mr I dont know shit about copyrights and call other people stupid" A.k.a family45
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »