Author Topic: See Even Microsoft Uses Pirated Software  (Read 209 times)

[Stoned]Jesus H. Christ[Wheat]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Reefer Addict - Abusing It Faster Than A $2 Whore
See Even Microsoft Uses Pirated Software
« on: November 23, 2004, 10:41:47 AM »
Members of a former software-cracking group exposed that Microsoft have used illegally reverse engineered to create some of the content of Windows XP. The files in question are 9 .wav sound files.

The files are located in the "WINDOWS\Help\Tours\WindowsMediaPlayer\Audio\Wav" directory of Windows XP. If these files are opened with a HEX editor the code contains the signature "Deepz0ne", who was a member of former cracking group "Radium"    

The signature has been positively identified as "authentic for the cracked version of Sound Forge 4.5".
This all means that there are grounds for a massive copyright-infringement lawsuit for Microsoft.

for more goto
http://www.tomshardware.com/hardnews/20041115_135458.html
It's 4:20, are you smoking?

Lady Scarface

Jome

Re: See Even Microsoft Uses Pirated Software
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2004, 08:16:15 PM »
MS denied that they had used cracked software, and explained it with "It wasn't intented to be released, that was a mistake".

Much like the good old: "I only grew the weed at home for testing purposes, it was supposed to be destroyed afterwards".  ::)

Sikx

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • pulu<3hewi
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2004, 04:01:15 AM »
Much like the good old: "I only grew the weed at home for testing purposes, it was supposed to be destroyed afterwards".  ::)
;D word.

chronicad

• 'G'
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2004, 06:58:19 AM »
thats all Bill Gates is a billion dollar hacker

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2004, 10:58:30 PM »
MS denied that they had used cracked software, and explained it with "It wasn't intented to be released, that was a mistake".

LOL

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2004, 10:30:47 AM »

Well said Jome. ;D