Author Topic: Snoop & Dogghouse:  Growing Old...  (Read 1004 times)

Big BpG

Snoop & Dogghouse:  Growing Old...
« on: September 16, 2002, 04:03:46 PM »
Well lately, I've been listening to less and less music. I don't know why, but with my slowdown, I've also thought a lot about the industries standards. I've come to this conclusion, and well, it's nothing new, but this is just my view on the whole music situation.

I got one thing to say. The Music industry is run by teenagers. Any popular artist now, is very young, has good looks and is honored for not only their music, but for their appearance as well.

Now, when was the last time you heard your parents put on some old music and talk about how <instert artist name> was very attractive and how they were going to be on MTV and such... sure, they had their dick clark specials back then, but in all honesty, the westcoast and Dogghouse especially is growing old. Gone are the days of gangbaning, group orgies and obsessive smoking ideals. Snoop is 30 yrs old, and is a month away from adding another year. His young days try to impress the mainstream crowd is gone. I think with this new addition of artists to the Dogghouse, we will see a new era in westcoast music. Just watching "Welcome To Tha House" shows you how important this business is to them, and they want to put out the best music possible. So, for me, gone are the days that you see Snoop at number 1, played excessively on the radio... he's taking the next step and trying to reach his fans, who are growing old too. When I'm 30, and Snoop is 40, I don't wanna listen about his days in the street... and his music is starting to portray that. Fans are starting to see it too... their won't be another Doggystyle and that's that... and as I grow old, they grow old too and the music will never die.

-Big BpG
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

Suga Foot

Re: Snoop & Dogghouse:  Growing Old...
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2002, 04:33:13 PM »
real talk.

P Nelson

• 40 illa
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2002, 05:35:31 PM »
Lol,,, snoop aint cute enuff to sell lol well real talk

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2002, 06:23:22 PM »
Yeah, I honestly think Snoop will turn into a jazz singer.  Straight up.  When He's 60, he'll be singing songs, and turn into a frank sinatra, he'll be as big as Louis Armstrong.  

THUGLIFE

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2002, 06:28:56 PM »
Finally Someone'z Talkin Real Shit.

ALKAHOLIK21

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2002, 06:34:27 PM »
amen!! brother !!

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2002, 11:13:49 PM »
That's why I listen Tha Underground shit.. cuz it doesn't really involve all that materialistic shit. Well it really depends on tha Artists but I know what you mean about how people focus on Rapper's appearances. Appearances and Affiliations... And that's tha difference with most Underground Acts... cuz most of tha time you dont know what tha fuck they look like. Sometiems not even what race they are.

Once you make it Major, it's like you dont even control you're own image or you art. Like Rappers nowadays go on TV and get interviewed, but they get all made up first.. people probably dress them n shit... With Underground rappers.. they dont really have tha opportunity to sell out on Interviews or in Magazine Poses... And they're not pressured to come with a specific content so you get alot more expirimental shit from Underground artists. You might even catch some of them talking about Positive Shit :o as apposed to tha usual Bling Bling Bang Bang Bitch Bitch Bounce Bounce... It just seems more real to me..

You dont see Underground Rappers all over TV, Radio and Magazines... so it's like tha only way you get to know them is through their music.. and that's tha way it should be.

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

Myrealname

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2002, 11:19:22 PM »
Yeah, I honestly think Snoop will turn into a jazz singer.  Straight up.  When He's 60, he'll be singing songs, and turn into a frank sinatra, he'll be as big as Louis Armstrong.  

I really hope!
I'm pretty curios to listen to the lyrics of the single "Chuuch to the palace"....

Quadruple OG

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2002, 04:28:14 AM »
Well lately, I've been listening to less and less music. I don't know why, but with my slowdown, I've also thought a lot about the industries standards. I've come to this conclusion, and well, it's nothing new, but this is just my view on the whole music situation.

I got one thing to say. The Music industry is run by teenagers. Any popular artist now, is very young, has good looks and is honored for not only their music, but for their appearance as well.

Now, when was the last time you heard your parents put on some old music and talk about how <instert artist name> was very attractive and how they were going to be on MTV and such... sure, they had their dick clark specials back then, but in all honesty, the westcoast and Dogghouse especially is growing old. Gone are the days of gangbaning, group orgies and obsessive smoking ideals. Snoop is 30 yrs old, and is a month away from adding another year. His young days try to impress the mainstream crowd is gone. I think with this new addition of artists to the Dogghouse, we will see a new era in westcoast music. Just watching "Welcome To Tha House" shows you how important this business is to them, and they want to put out the best music possible. So, for me, gone are the days that you see Snoop at number 1, played excessively on the radio... he's taking the next step and trying to reach his fans, who are growing old too. When I'm 30, and Snoop is 40, I don't wanna listen about his days in the street... and his music is starting to portray that. Fans are starting to see it too... their won't be another Doggystyle and that's that... and as I grow old, they grow old too and the music will never die.

-Big BpG

i agree with you to a point, but i don't think Snoop's artists have the ability to blow up.  Latoya Williams is good, but she can't carry a whole song, yet a whole album yet.  Kokane, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he older than Snoop?  And he definaately won't bring the west back, considering when people criticize the album, the first name that's brought up is Kokane.  E-White hasn't impressed me at all.  Mediocre flow, Mediocre lyrics, he wouldn't sell more than 250,000.  Soopafly can make it big, but Snoop has him burried under other projects, which is a shame.  I've been waiting on an album of new material by Soopafly (I'm not counting Dat Wooopty Woop since it was recorded 98/99) for about 3 years.  Soopafly is one of the tightest producers out there, yet Snoop barely even used him prior to "Welcome to the House". Soopafly was the lone "All-Star" from his label, and he is somewhat known to the public.  If Snoop wants to bring back the west, start by getting some newer talent.

infinite59

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2002, 04:58:09 AM »
real talk.

Big BpG

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2002, 10:42:15 AM »

i agree with you to a point, but i don't think Snoop's artists have the ability to blow up.  Latoya Williams is good, but she can't carry a whole song, yet a whole album yet.  Kokane, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he older than Snoop?  And he definaately won't bring the west back, considering when people criticize the album, the first name that's brought up is Kokane.  E-White hasn't impressed me at all.  Mediocre flow, Mediocre lyrics, he wouldn't sell more than 250,000.  Soopafly can make it big, but Snoop has him burried under other projects, which is a shame.  I've been waiting on an album of new material by Soopafly (I'm not counting Dat Wooopty Woop since it was recorded 98/99) for about 3 years.  Soopafly is one of the tightest producers out there, yet Snoop barely even used him prior to "Welcome to the House". Soopafly was the lone "All-Star" from his label, and he is somewhat known to the public.  If Snoop wants to bring back the west, start by getting some newer talent.

I dont think it's about if they will blow up or not, but its coming to a point where they don't wanna be sold... I could be wrong, but after seeing 'welcome 2 tha house' ... it seems like they really wanna concentrate on their music and that each artist is their for a reason, not to just sell...

-Big BpG

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

Liquid-Dogg

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2002, 02:00:40 PM »
bpg, my thoughts too. It's like he's makin music for his OG fans and ain't botherin with the groupies that see a good rapper on mtv and buy the album/single. Snoop's grown old and so have his OG fans, so he makin the music for himself. he ain't got anything to prove, and for the fans that ain't bothered about hearin his flow come back to doggystyle dayz , it's good cuz he's jus matured and his Allstars album sounds dope

Quikstar

• Lil Geezy
  • Westcoast/Hip Hop Pioneer
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2002, 03:31:21 PM »

For Real... Why is Soopafly on the westcoast backburner? His first banger I can remember is "Who Got Some Gangster Shit" off Murder Was The Case Sdtk... and countless others as well. I hope he won't fall on the westcoast Most Slept On List:
    [Ras Kass][Dj Quik][Sugafree][/list]
    America's Most Complete Artist