Author Topic: Does the book of Revelations say something about the '04 US elections?  (Read 589 times)

acbaylove

Re: Does the book of Revelations say something about the '04 US elections?
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2004, 05:57:13 AM »

Christians do not believe in Abortion, because its killing children.

A foetus is NOT a baby yet. And even though it is already living it doesn't realize it has pain or something with the abortion. It's much worse if it gets raised by parents (or people) that can't take care of him (the baby/kid).

I agree with you homie, but the Christians doesnt. So that quote was correct.

Trauma-san

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2004, 10:50:12 PM »
I may be a little misinformed or inaccurate which is why I am asking for some experienced cats to speak their mind in this thread. I just wanna bring something to the table thats a little more spiritual and not so political.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know the book of Revelations in the Bible speaks about the last days and how Christians will become hated for their beliefs during the tribulation. I was thinking about these past elections and how amazing it was that Christian people came together, unexpectantly made their voices heard, and actually stole the spotlight from the so called "youth voter" turnout. Christians made an impact and even though I disagreed with their vote, I am glad they did because I do associate myself with the Christian faith (I have been doing a lot of soul searching myself when it comes to organized religion lately, but Jesus Christ is my Savior and I follow the Word).

Now that the elections are done and over, I fear the aftermath of the elections may bring a lot of negativity. I've seen a lot of things in the news, on television (the recent Bill Maher show), and in other political commentaries outright bashing Christians, not just for the side they chose during the election, but for their fundamentall beliefs.

I know there are a lot of factors when it comes to the tribulation taking effect, but do any of you think this could be a possible build up for what Revelations speaks of about a resistance against Christians?

While there is a lot of hatred against Christians now a days, the whole "christians came together to support Bush" thing is a myth.  For one, both candidates ran on a religious platform, Kerry reaching out to Catholics and Bush to Christians, and while the liberal media wants you to think, that this election was decided on abortion and homosexual marriage issues, that's rediculous.  Abortion was hardly brought up, and gay marriage wasn't supported by either party.  It's just a convienant way for democrats (most of whom, statistically proven, aren't religious) to try and blame something they're against (religion) for their loss.  Instead of trying to figure out why they lost, they ought to try and figure out why Bush won; because he wasn't just there *not losing, he was there *winning.  They act like the regular state of things is for democrats to win; so they act like it's a catastrophe if dems lose; they never contemplate that republicans could WIN, because that would be unnatural in their mind.  It's a play on words, that reveals their mindset. 

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2004, 11:31:44 PM »
Actually a Catholic Bishop said anyone who votes for John Kerry has committed a sin and has to go to confession.  Also, I believe a few Catholic Bishops refused to give Kerry communion, and a few days before the election Bush went to a Catholic Church.  Let's be fair in our arguments, and say Bush catered to religious groups far more than Kerry did.  In fact, Kerry is a Catholic, and they split the Catholic vote. 

Trauma-san

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2004, 09:08:37 AM »
That's where you're WRONG, though.  Bush didn't cater to anybody.  He is what he is, and Kerry is what he is.  There's a divide, but Bush wasn't going around slamming homos, or talking about Abortion, they were non-issues. 

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2004, 09:27:36 AM »
Well im going to have to disagree with you trauma (i dont do it often). Even though abortion wasnt brought up that much in the debates or what not, it still was a HUGE deal with christians.

1 of the biggest issues for christians is abortion. They are strongly against it.

acbaylove

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2004, 10:49:05 AM »
Actually a Catholic Bishop said anyone who votes for John Kerry has committed a sin and has to go to confession.  Also, I believe a few Catholic Bishops refused to give Kerry communion, and a few days before the election Bush went to a Catholic Church.  Let's be fair in our arguments, and say Bush catered to religious groups far more than Kerry did.  In fact, Kerry is a Catholic, and they split the Catholic vote. 

1- A true Catholic cant be pro-abortion. So Kerry aint a real "Catholic"
2- A true priest cant neglect a man who made a mistake the Communion. Shit if you make your girl have an abortion, you can go to your priest and he'll confess you trying to help you, if you really understand you did a mistake. Trust me on this one
3- When you talk about Christian Catholics, always refers to the Pope please, not to American priests and bishops. They are "strange"