Author Topic: JFK RELOADED  (Read 161 times)

acbaylove

JFK RELOADED
« on: November 25, 2004, 03:37:40 AM »
Sup? Have you all seen this game? Shit, you can (only) shoot JFK! Just make a quick google search in your language and read about it, i'm sure there are thousands of articles about it.

1- Historically is it correct in your opinion? (1 killer, 3 shoots)
2- Ethically is it correct in your opinion? (to make this videogame)
3- Is it a form of disrespect to JFK and the family? (to shoot JFK in a videogame)

No stupid disses please.

Trauma-san

Re: JFK RELOADED
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2004, 10:23:58 PM »
I'll reply first, so you'll know almost all the rest of the replies will be in direct opposition to whatever I say.  Also, I'm the most contraversial figure on this board, much more contraversial then shooting JFK (which is why your topic hasn't gotten any replies yet).  So, here goes... a spark to your discussion.

Yeah, it's extremely fucking disrespectful.  A president of our great country was assasinated by some fuckin' loon, and now we're supposed to re-enact it, where we get the opportunity to shoot the president.  We even have a scoring system, where the correct thing to do is to shoot the president; but you can also shoot anybody else, like for instance the First Lady, Jackie Kennedy.  Real Class, lets play shoot the first family.  It's an obvious grab at publicity by the company that made the game, which generally shows a lack of creativity to make a game that actually had interest without the contraversy.  The clever thing is, they're disguising themselves as interested in proving the 1 gun theory, thereby trying to distance themselves from the loony conspiracy theorists, and attempting to gain respect through that. 

God bless John Kennedy.

Elevz

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2004, 10:45:28 PM »
Historically correct? I don't know - I wasn't there at the time  8)

Ethically correct? Fucking no, can you imagine a gamesdeveloper develop a game about shooting Bush and Kerry, people who just try to get their opinions acrossand help the nation and the world in their own way (whether correctly or not)? You just can't do that - it reminds me of the bullshit that's been going on in Holland lately: controversial but popular politicians getting killed because some idiot couldn't accept the popularity of that politician? Movie directors getting shot for making religiously controversial movies against oppressing women by the islam? That shit is wrong, and I would rate this videogame just about as sick, even though it's not really politically loaded, it's purpose is to get satisfaction by supporting idiots who kill politicians.

Besides that it's also fucking disrespectfull. Let Kennedy R.I.P.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2004, 10:52:17 PM »
I'll reply first, so you'll know almost all the rest of the replies will be in direct opposition to whatever I say. Also, I'm the most contraversial figure on this board, much more contraversial then shooting JFK (which is why your topic hasn't gotten any replies yet). So, here goes... a spark to your discussion.

Yeah, it's extremely fucking disrespectful. A president of our great country was assasinated by some fuckin' loon, and now we're supposed to re-enact it, where we get the opportunity to shoot the president. We even have a scoring system, where the correct thing to do is to shoot the president; but you can also shoot anybody else, like for instance the First Lady, Jackie Kennedy. Real Class, lets play shoot the first family. It's an obvious grab at publicity by the company that made the game, which generally shows a lack of creativity to make a game that actually had interest without the contraversy. The clever thing is, they're disguising themselves as interested in proving the 1 gun theory, thereby trying to distance themselves from the loony conspiracy theorists, and attempting to gain respect through that.

God bless John Kennedy.
cosign...