Author Topic: Dr. Dre - Aftermath biggest Label  (Read 1322 times)

Dedicato

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • AFTERMATH MUSIC
Dr. Dre - Aftermath biggest Label
« on: September 16, 2002, 12:07:57 AM »
dre was interviewd about aftermath records recently, about it becoming probably the best label within production at the moment and so on, the interviewer asked dre about his old label death row and said that without him death row woudnt of started period, dre also stated that "you thought death row was big well aftermaths gonna be the biggest by far, by far" "ive got all top artists on the label and big plans now , all the ingrediants to make this the best, im still searching for a real big star im searchin for a star like , death row had tupac bad boy had biggie well within time im gonna get one of those stars"

-Dr. Dre forum
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Don Seer

Re: Dr. Dre - Aftermath biggest Label
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2002, 12:08:48 AM »
he already got eminem

Dedicato

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • AFTERMATH MUSIC
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2002, 12:21:34 AM »
No ... I dont think, that Em is his vision of a real STAR! Pac was a star ...

Zero4eva

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2002, 12:27:50 AM »
IMO Em's already a star. He's the world's best known rap artist. And yes, he's bigger than Pac.

The Watcher

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2002, 12:29:43 AM »
IMO Em's already a star. He's the world's best known rap artist. And yes, he's bigger than Pac.

agreed. If not Em, then take your pick out of Cube or Rakim
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

infinite59

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2002, 03:05:24 AM »
That interview sounds fake... what the fuck is he talking about?  Eminem is a fucking international superstar, the covers of Teen Magazine and Source Magazine, and oversee's shit, and sold out tours he headlines, and selling millions world over, #1 on TRL.... 2pac never sold a million in one week... this shit doesn't make sense... lol

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2002, 03:09:58 AM »
Could be real, to me Em is like the Snoop of the label. Real big, will be rememberes fo' sho, but not the same legend caliber that Pac was.

.: God Is One :.

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • .:CPT´s own REAL Muthaphukkin G´:.
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2002, 04:27:01 AM »
I said this before: Aftermath is going to be the biggest hiphop-recordlabel of all time, Dre will do whatever it takes to make Aftermath bigger than Death Row was back in the day!!

I dont understand why most of yall sleepin on Aftermath, cuz shit gonna get big, REAL big, its already big but it will get bigger!

We have: Rakim, Dr.Dre, Ice Cube, Eminem look at the line-up!
Not even Death Row had 4 names that were that big!?

They had: Dr.Dre, Snoop, 2Pac as the biggest stars, Daz, Kurupt, Nate Dogg wasnt that big at the time, nowadays you can compare them to D-12, Obie Trice, 50 cent, but back in the day Kurupt COULD rap, Daz COULD produce platinum hits and Nate featured on some songs (many) and he was and is dope.

Nowadays: Kurupt CANT rap like he did, Daz CANT produce platinum hits anymore but Nate still sounds dope even doper!

If Dre signs McRen & Nate, Aftermath will be the biggest label period, im pretty sure yall agree´s on that one.

Peace
"When I sit back n´ look, when i used to be crook, doin whatever it took, from snatching chains to pocketbooks" - Notorious B.I.G "Ready 2 Die"

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2002, 04:51:33 AM »
Eminem isn't a superstar like 'Pac. 'Pac was the highest selling rapper ever, and is by far the most iconic rap star ever. Over 36 million sold, and growing. Eminem is at 14 million I think, but 'Pac is a true star.

But the difference between Aftermath and Death Row is that Aftermath is full of vets that know the game, and know what it takes to put out classics. Truth, Dre, Cube and Rakim are all over 30, plus Eminem is coming into his own, and Mel-Man is coming into his own. Though Death Row had the better supporting cast, I'd take a hungry Daz, Kurupt, Nate Dogg, OFTB and Outlawz over D-12, Obie Tribe and 50 Cents. Old school Death Row has a deeper roster, but Rakim, Cube, Eminem and Dre can over take Snoop, 'Pac and Dre. I think Dre tough is looking for that young hungry westcoast artist that can blow the game up lyrically, and be another legand. Cube and Rakim can still go, and Em is a superstar for years, but is a gimmick rapper. I think Dre is looking for the next 'Pac. All I got to say is, look for Ras Kass.

Zero4eva

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2002, 05:28:04 AM »
Pardon me, but Em brought rap to the masses. Moreover he's a clever dude. He ain't no "gimmick rapper". Cam'ron's a gimmick rapper, but Em?! Nope. "White America" is a deep & provocative track. I got respect for that dude.

P.S. I don't have any Eminem records.
P.P.S. He'll be a legend one day. For two reasons: good rapper & his skin colour. Let's face it, 70 % of all hiphop records are bought by white middle class kids.

Zero4eva

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2002, 05:29:50 AM »
As far as this topic is concerned I gotta disagree. Aftermath will never be the biggest label. Def Jam was/is/will be the biggest label. Love it or hate it, but that's the way it is.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2002, 05:37:29 AM »
Eminem is a good rapper, I'm always the first to remind people that, but him being white does add sales he wouldn't have got usually. Eminem is not 2Pac, or the star Dre is looking for. Lyrically his good, above average.

And never be bigger than Def Jam? That's the whole purpose, Def Jam gots a standard, and why not thrive to be better. That's what it's all about, being number one. And lets see, DMX, Jay-Z and Ja Rule, or Rakim, Eminem and Ice Cube. Not a bad roster on either side. We'll see what the good Doctor can do.

Oh, and I think Dre need Ras Kass, 'cause his the only person in the game right now that can lyrically become a legand. He has untapped into potential, and Dre with him would be deadly, like when 'Pac got to Death Row. Eminem's good, and will sell, but Ras Kass can be a legand, platnum or not, and that's the difference.

Soopafly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2002, 06:37:16 AM »
Watch Ras Kass blow after his appearences on 'Oh My God ' and Detox not to forget dre's beats on Golden Chyld , Dre will do for Ras's career what he did for X's and bring him some mainstreem exposure .As far as him blowing up to pac like standards with the same type of potenital not quite , Ras speaks to hip hop purists, he has yet to touch peoples hearts like pac did .But i do agree Ras on the Math and then there really will be nothing after that .Ras Kass on Aftermath would be a logical move for Dre with Tha Row having Crook and claming he's the best it would defintely be a nice battle I guess we can dream and personally in my opinion Crook ain't seeing Ras on any level peep Golden Chyld remix by premo and Ras for confirmation, compare dat to so daamn hood ;)

N Dats Da Real

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2002, 06:42:05 AM »
Look's like Aftermath still has more to prove....ImO

LL Cool J (vs) Rakim
Jay-Z (vs) Dr Dre
Beanie Sigel (vs) Obie Trice
DmX (vs) Xzibit
Ja Rule (vs) 50 Cent
Foxy Brown (vs) Shaunta
Noreaga (vs) ?
CNN (vs) ?
Wc (vs) Ice Cube
Redman (vs) Eminem
Keith Murray (Vs) ?

ect.......That's not including the rapper's that make up each individual sub-Label (Such as Freeway & Memphis Bleek or Cadillac Tah)

Those names right there can more than hold their own weight with all the names on Aftermath. (Except for Cube....who in my eyes is the greatest thing ever outta anywhere)
I'll buy them all so I could give 2 fuck's....But the label slobbing is getting boring.
Aftermath is good....But the best, not quite yet.
ImO

Peace
Hatesrats 2oo2

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2002, 07:12:08 AM »
I think Dre is looking for the next 'Pac. All I got to say is, look for Ras Kass.

I'm sure you didn't mean exactly this. No-one will be "the next Pac" and no-one should be the next Pac. Everybody should be the first one of themselves, it's called originality.

'See, I'm the first Hittman, y'all niggaz tryin' to be the next Pac.' -Hittman

'Do You.' -Pepsi commercial