Author Topic: Dr. Dre - Aftermath biggest Label  (Read 1324 times)

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
Re: Dr. Dre - Aftermath biggest Label
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2002, 04:58:29 PM »

2Pac went platinum without having Mtv play the white card (Eminem) with lp's like "Me against the world" & "Stricktly 4 my N.I.G.G.A.Z."......Bottom line.

Pac had 2 hit lp's at a time when Billboard did not reconize hip-hop as much, and this is all pre- Deathrow.

Has Eminem out-sold Vanilla Ice yet?, cause at it's peek "Ice Ice Baby" almost got as much spin's as "My name is"...(Just a question)

Comparing Eminem to Pac is an insult to Pac's legacy....
& those who say his Death elevated Pac's sales, Can swallow the industry's dick that forced fed yall' a white mc.

Em will Never be.....Pac, loved or cared about as much.
Cause Em's content will die out in a couple of year's. Most family's in my area (Cali) cannot associate with the being hated by their mom...getting beat up...Whore girlfriend lyric's, because our mother's love us, and will never kick us out of the house. It's just not me...This is the reason alot of peep's don't listen to Eminem, but also the reason alot of them do. Cause Em writes for his audience (Young white kid's).
I cannot feel close to his pain.....Pac reached more of us with his pain, and struggles, cause this is what we associate with more.

This is all My opinion.
Hatesrats 2oo2
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2002, 05:18:08 PM »
aftermath is no where near def jam.  You also gotta consider how many rappers came up through def jam,  how long def jam has been on tha game.  russel started his own clothing line.  aftermath is up there but they still have stuff to prove.  one thing u gotta consider also is how many rappers started off on def jam as no names an made a name for themselves.  aftermath,  rakim an cube both r legends that made it big else where b4 goin to aftermath

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2002, 05:22:30 PM »

2Pac went platinum without having Mtv play the white card (Eminem) with lp's like "Me against the world" & "Stricktly 4 my N.I.G.G.A.Z."......Bottom line.

Pac had 2 hit lp's at a time when Billboard did not reconize hip-hop as much, and this is all pre- Deathrow.

Has Eminem out-sold Vanilla Ice yet?, cause at it's peek "Ice Ice Baby" almost got as much spin's as "My name is"...(Just a question)

& those who say his Death elevated Pac's sales, Can swallow the industry's dick that forced fed yall' a white mc.

Cause Em's content will die out in a couple of year's. Most family's in my area (Cali) cannot associate with the being hated by their mom...getting beat up...Whore girlfriend lyric's, because our mother's love us, and will never kick us out of the house. It's just not me...This is the reason alot of peep's don't listen to Eminem, but also the reason alot of them do. Cause Em writes for his audience (Young white kid's).
I cannot feel close to his pain.....Pac reached more of us with his pain, and struggles, cause this is what we associate with more.

This is all My opinion.
Hatesrats 2oo2

a lot of people listen to rappers talkin about killing an yet they never have killed.  a lot of people listen to rap about pimp's but they arent nor do they know any pimps.  a lot of people cant relate to comin up poor an in tha ghetto an yet they listen.  to me atleast u came off mad racist in that post

EastsideLBC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2002, 05:51:00 PM »
Aftermath bigger than Death Row??.......I dont see that happenin'......yes Dre has shit locked....of course he is one of, if not tha best producer ever.....but how long do u actually think Dre will stay in this game to run Aftermath.....with Death Row Dre, Snoop, Nate, Daz, Kurupt, Pac, they were all in there peak.......Dre is past that now....of course he has Em that is a young talent that will be in tha game for years to come, but wit Dre, Cube, Rakim, they are all in their 30's.....and then catz are throwin' Ras Kass in tha picture.....of course Dre and Ras Kass would blow tha world up but just think about it....Dre has "Detox", Rakim's "Oh My God", Cube's album, then if he signs Ras Kass he will also have his album to concentrate on......damn.....now if Dre "could" drop all that shit and they be classic shit then Death Row Vs. Aftermath would a contest but.......I dont see Dre droppin' all that shit PLUS gettin' Ras Kass in tha mix.......

TOOTHBRUSH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • dpg production
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2002, 06:46:01 PM »

This is all My opinion.
Hatesrats 2oo2

ah i don't think many people can relate to what eminem is talking about on records (and yes that includes white kids) but thats why i think some people are atracted to em's music it's like this personal battle he has within himself and just puts it all out there................now yes alot of little kids buy ems music but alot of little kids also bought snoops shit when he first came out and even pacs shit alot of pacs shit was bumped by white kids............................now i don't like eminem i never have bought one of his albums but i does have skillz and even without all the mtv exposure he would go plat eminem is one of the best emcees in the game period whether me or you like him at all
"its tha pimp of tha crew soopafly comin through wit a dick and a couple balls just to name a few"-soopafly

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2002, 08:14:19 PM »

a lot of people listen to rappers talkin about killing an yet they never have killed.  a lot of people listen to rap about pimp's but they arent nor do they know any pimps.  a lot of people cant relate to comin up poor an in tha ghetto an yet they listen.  to me atleast u came off mad racist in that post

I apologise If I affended anyone....
All I was trying to say was that I "personaly" cannot relate to anything Eminem say's in his music. Because I love my parent's to death, And I would die for them in a minute. I could never be a BITCH and talk or wish any harm on the one's who brought me into this world.
His problem's are thing's that I never went through never seen or will ever go through.
I cannot relate to Em.

I love his music....But his content is not geared toward's me.
The killin' and lyric's in music is not the stuff I speak about...lol
It's the personal track's that show the true side of a person.
His love for his daughter is the only Bond that bring's me into his sound....other than that, He's just another good mc I copp when he drop's.

Again if I affended anyone...I'll apologise again.
Those who know me, Know I'm the least racist person, cause I hate everyone, I don't have time to single peep's out....lol

J/K...
OnE
Hatesrats 2oo2

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2002, 08:25:27 PM »
The difference is 'Pac was multi-platnum of singles like I Get Around, Keep Your Head Up, Dear Mama, and So Many Tears, before white little kids bought his albums. 'Pac is legandary before Death Row, Death Row just made a 2 time platnum person, into a 6 time platnum person over night, then his death pushed it to 10 times platnum. But pre-Death Row, after 3 albums, 'Pac had sold 5 million copies of his LPs, which is good for no MTV, as only Dear Mama played, and little radio play compared to Death Row, and Bad Boy artist at the time. '93 was Death Row, '94 was Bad Boy, '95 was both all over the radio, '96 'Pac debut on Death Row, and sold 6 million in 5 mouths, after finally getting MTV's attention with California Love.

Now about Aftermath compared to Def Jam, no one says Aftermath is better, just that it can be as good. Def Jam has over 17 years of history, with acts like LL Cool J, Public Enemy, the first white act Beastie Boys, Onyx, EPMD, Keith Murrey, Redman, Method Man, Foxy Brown, DMX, Jay-Z, Ja Rule, Ludicriss, and now a 5 Mic Scarface album. Aftermath gots 3 Eminem LPs, a classic Chronic album, and a list of legands ready to drop. But they have to drop first, and new legands must form, like IF Dre gets a Ras Kass, Knocc'Turnal and Xzibit to sign to Aftermath. That's the only way to compare to Def Jam, and that's what Dre wants, to reach that level. 'Cause at that level, Dre knows Aftermath is on top, it's a goal. As for Death Row, 7 hot albums out the gate, and a very hungry young roster. Aftermaths star power is a little better, Cube, Eminem and Rakim vs. 'Pac and Snoop. But as I said, it's the supporting cast that helps Death Row, Tha Dogg Pound, Nate Dogg, Rage, OFTB and Tha Outlawz. Aftermath gots D-12, Obie Tribe, 50 Cents, and past Hittman and King Tee. Aftermath needs to find that young hungry talent to build on. But Aftermath is very star heavy, and should be great to see how many Mics a Westcoast label can pull out the Source.

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2002, 08:49:49 PM »

I apologise If I affended anyone....
All I was trying to say was that I "personaly" cannot relate to anything Eminem say's in his music. Because I love my parent's to death, And I would die for them in a minute. I could never be a BITCH and talk or wish any harm on the one's who brought me into this world.
His problem's are thing's that I never went through never seen or will ever go through.
I cannot relate to Em.

I love his music....But his content is not geared toward's me.
The killin' and lyric's in music is not the stuff I speak about...lol
It's the personal track's that show the true side of a person.
His love for his daughter is the only Bond that bring's me into his sound....other than that, He's just another good mc I copp when he drop's.

Again if I affended anyone...I'll apologise again.
Those who know me, Know I'm the least racist person, cause I hate everyone, I don't have time to single peep's out....lol

J/K...
OnE
Hatesrats 2oo2

word i feel ya on that.  My favorite eminem songs r where he is droppin shit i can relate 2 like rock bottom,  if i had