Author Topic: somehow it seems i'm starting to stop feeling hiphop...............  (Read 491 times)

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
ok, originally i was responding in the luda vs. lil jon topic, i wanted to make it a short comment, but then i started writing more and more and figured this is off topic and anyways something i would like to ask people.

can someone give me back the urge to listen to all those new rap cd's? not joking, i really used to be interested in anything that'd drop, unless it came to really wack artists, now i don't even bother downloading no more...don't get me wrong, i'm not trying to jump on the it-all-sucks-so-bad-now bandwagon, because i often think shit's aight when i listen to it, but somehow i just ain't feelin 95% of what's comin out in hiphop...it feels like it's just the same old unchanging shit based on the same patterns, even when it's decent...funny thing is i realized that a long time ago, but i used to be like 'if it's dope, fuck it', but now it actually gets me pretty bored unless it's one great song.

anybody else feel that way? Again, I'm not trying to whine about how it sucks like many people do, this year's been ok for hiphop, not like '95, but not worse than i expected. still, i'm kind of starting to stop caring, only album i really want to drop is Nas'...generally hiphop for me is, after being a fan for many years, losing much of the appeal it used to have...btw, i know other people who feel that way in real life, too

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Re: somehow it seems i'm starting to stop feeling hiphop...............
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2004, 03:27:02 AM »
i was going thru the exact same thing in 2003, but 2004 got me back. Im real happy wit 20004.. alotta dope shit dropped.

the new Xzibit album im lovin, im lovin that Nas, im lovin that Ludacris, that Camron got amazin prodcution, then u got the Royce Da 59 albums, u got that Masta Ace, u got alottau nderground west coast cats droppin heat... yeah 2004 got me back.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2004, 03:50:51 AM »
i was going thru the exact same thing in 2003, but 2004 got me back. Im real happy wit 20004.. alotta dope shit dropped.

the new Xzibit album im lovin, im lovin that Nas, im lovin that Ludacris, that Camron got amazin prodcution, then u got the Royce Da 59 albums, u got that Masta Ace, u got alottau nderground west coast cats droppin heat... yeah 2004 got me back.

yeah that's nice, and like i already said, i wanna point out that this is not another 'hiphop sucks, back n the days....etc' topic. Long Hot Summer was dope, I'ma buy the Nas when it drops, i liked the Mos Def, the Roots, Kanye, Ghostface, Murs, Mobb Deep came back this year...it's just that at the moment i'm kinda tired of it all and i've started listening to many other music styles which i just feel a whole lot more...it's difficult to say and explain why

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2004, 04:11:33 AM »
Check out theese albums , for good quality rap music .

Immortal technique - Revolutionary volume 1 & 2 ( a must have for any hip hop fan )
Cunninglynguists - Will rap for food , southern underground ( amazing production by Kno )
Jedi mind tricks - Violent by design , legacy of blood ( stoupe is a genius on the beats )
Canibus - Rip the jacker ( stoupe the master of beats and canibus one of the illest ever , together on the same fucking album ! Awesome , epic shit ! )
ill bill - Whats wrong with bill ? ( one of my favourite rap albums of 2004 . Ill bill is a dope mc , with alot of variety in his lyrics , and all the production is handled by Necro ! What more can you ask for ? )
Sabac Red - Sabacolypse ( sabac is a OK mc , but you got to get this shit for the beats . Another album all produced by Necro )
Murs - Murs 3.16 ( great album , produced by 9th wonder . I`m really feeling Murs on this record , he speaks on alot of shit I can relate to . A record for the average guy in the street )

Hope you enjoy theese records and perhaps it can sparkle some of the love you once had for hip hop back to you !

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2004, 04:47:10 AM »
everybody goes through the "Im-too-smart-for-hiphop-phase"... I know several dudes. Just ask Luke. Neap named some dope shit.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2004, 04:57:09 AM by 7even the Harbinger »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2004, 05:06:46 AM »
everybody goes through the "Im-too-smart-for-hiphop-phase"... I know several dudes. Just ask Luke. Neap named some dope shit.

you did not get the point at all i think. Ich hab überhaupt nichts abschätziges gesagt und mich in keiner Form als zu intelligentes Opfer schlechter Musik hingestellt. Ich hab gesagt, dass mir hiphop nicht mehr so viel sagt wie früher...Luke hat die musik angegriffen, ich nicht wirklich. Ich habe nur meinen Standpunkt erklärt, aber ich habe nichts auf die musik geschoben (nur gesagt, dass sie auf einem gewissen muster basiert, das evtl. der grund ist, warum ich mich dabei inzwischen oft langweile)...Phase von mir aus, aber hör bitte auf von wegen 'i'm-too-smart'-phase, oder erklär mir sonst, woran du eine solche zu erkennen glaubst...peace

and Neap, i do know those albums except Will Rap For Food and Revolutionary 1 and they're all dope...i even said in my 2nd post i loved the murs album, back in may i bumped that more than anything...i still like those records, but it ain't what i mainly listen to no more, because I just feel other types of music more...but thx for the recommendations anyways

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2004, 06:21:36 AM »
es geht nicht darum was du sagst, sondern was du meinst  :D
jedenfalls tritt das Syndrom häufig in jener Weise auf, vielleicht ist es ja bei dir nicht so, kein Grund gleich zu bolzen  8)
No, it's not a sin

Elevz

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2004, 06:34:43 AM »
lol, my german just ain't what it used to be like 8)

You'll get back to loving hiphop in a while, don't worry about it, you'll be fine!  ;D

Anyway, I do kinda feel the same about 2004's hiphop even though lots of it IS good, I'm still bumping that early 90's shit more  :o No, I'm just not open minded enough to listen to No Doubt or any of that bullshit ;)

Throwback

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2004, 08:15:43 AM »
i stopped listening to hiphop for a while to, i used to download every thing hiphop related lol. now i only like a couple of hiphop artists, and  im feelin other genres a lot now.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2004, 10:08:12 AM »
I sometimes get a feeling like that myself - start feeling like I don't really feel this rap shit anymore. Then the next day I snap out of it and bump my records again.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2004, 10:10:28 AM »
Just do like me. I listen to everything, but I don't make a distinction between music styles. I'll listen to PE in between Jimi Hendrix and Willie Nelson, it's all music. That's why I hate seperating music into styles.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2004, 11:08:06 AM »
jedenfalls tritt das Syndrom häufig in jener Weise, vielleicht ist es ja bei dir nicht so, kein Grund gleich zu bolzen  8)
ich 'bolz' ja nicht, aber ich sage genau das, was ich meine...dass Game und Luda oder wer auch immer keine hammerintelligenten texte kicken ist sowieso offensichtlich, aber das ist bei jedem musikstil ähnlich, es gibt gute lyricists und intelligente leute, und weniger gute...darum gehts echt nicht. du kannst das schon ein 'syndrom' nennen, aber ich versuche genau NICHT irgendwelche arroganten statements abzulassen über meine lieblingsmusik während mehrerer jahre, sondern ich stelle einfach fest, wie sich das für mich verändert...THIS IS NOT ANOTHER FUCK HIPHOP TOPIC...verstehst?

Just do like me. I listen to everything, but I don't make a distinction between music styles. I'll listen to PE in between Jimi Hendrix and Willie Nelson, it's all music. That's why I hate seperating music into styles.
yeah, i understand that, it's not like I'm into categorizing like that, but if certain artists who make music of a certain style start to be less interesting to you, you just notice that and that's what's happening to me with hiphop

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2004, 01:34:02 PM »
I think I know what Kill is talking about. I went through my "fuck hiphop" stage when Pac and Big were killed and Mase and Puffy started rapping. I got over it since there was still plenty of good music out.

He's talking about not feeling it anymore, which is different than the "fuck rap" anymore. At times I just don't want to fuck with it anymore, and I'll listening to something else for awhile. A lot of my friends feel the she same way, since most of us have been into this shit since the 80's and we're all almost 30 or way past it. I think it just comes with getting older. I just raise my eyebrow over a lot of the new shit that has come up recently and I find myself not being able to relate to alot of it anymore. It's not that I don't have love for hiphop anymore, since it will always be a part of me put sometimes, it's hard to explain it, I know what Kill is talking about.

Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2004, 05:45:54 PM »
i only download/buy music from hip-hop artists that i know about already and I know come threw everytime with good, not great, but good albums.Unless someone tells me to download this album etc. But with other music types..i download everythiing i can  ;D
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2004, 06:27:03 PM »
jedenfalls tritt das Syndrom häufig in jener Weise, vielleicht ist es ja bei dir nicht so, kein Grund gleich zu bolzen  8)
ich 'bolz' ja nicht, aber ich sage genau das, was ich meine...dass Game und Luda oder wer auch immer keine hammerintelligenten texte kicken ist sowieso offensichtlich, aber das ist bei jedem musikstil ähnlich, es gibt gute lyricists und intelligente leute, und weniger gute...darum gehts echt nicht. du kannst das schon ein 'syndrom' nennen, aber ich versuche genau NICHT irgendwelche arroganten statements abzulassen über meine lieblingsmusik während mehrerer jahre, sondern ich stelle einfach fest, wie sich das für mich verändert...THIS IS NOT ANOTHER FUCK HIPHOP TOPIC...verstehst?

Hör einfach ne Woche oder so kein Rap also wirklich garnichts und schau was passiert.
No, it's not a sin