Author Topic: somehow it seems i'm starting to stop feeling hiphop...............  (Read 493 times)

eKardz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I bleed red white and blue, I am a New York Ranger
Re: somehow it seems i'm starting to stop feeling hiphop...............
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2004, 06:48:58 PM »
I sometimes get a feeling like that myself - start feeling like I don't really feel this rap shit anymore. Then the next day I snap out of it and bump my records again.

Westside Soldier

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2004, 10:46:44 PM »
I was like that in 2003.But 2004 been a good year for hiphop.Bought so many cds this year. 8)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2004, 04:15:47 AM »
ive been listening to more and more rock.. or old rap.. cause the shit thats coming out.. just aint that good

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2004, 05:39:45 AM »
Well thats beacuse hip-hop has died. RIP Hip-Hop 1985-2001.

Where were you the day hip-hop died?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2004, 05:42:08 AM by Machiavelli »

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2004, 06:03:38 AM »
^^  :sign_banhim:  ;D

Juronimo: yes, even though i'm only 18 i think that IS the same thing you're describing. actually apart from the stuff to do with your age i could quote you pretty much and co-sign it

7even: (zurück zu englisch, darf ja jeder lesen) lol, i know what you mean, and maybe my post has kind of a dramatizing effect: I'm not saying i won't listen to hiphop no more, never enjoy it, etc. But a year ago i would've been like "Game? gotta check it out. Snoop too...MC Eiht droppin? damn, gotta get this...when is Gore comin??" and i would have looked forward to these cd's for weeks. Now it's just like when they come out, i know the artist is cool and people say the album is i might give it a try. Getting back to what you said, if i didn't listen to hiphop for a whole week i'd definitely want to, but it would NEVER be the torture it would have been one or two years ago and not listening to ska or rock for a whole week would be worse, since i feel this (along with some other stuff) is the music that is really important for me in my life right now, which is the spot hiphop used to have and which is why i used the word "feeling", you could also talk about "relating to", a lot in this topic...it's not that hiphop won't "entertain" me no more

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2004, 02:05:05 PM »
ok, originally i was responding in the luda vs. lil jon topic, i wanted to make it a short comment, but then i started writing more and more and figured this is off topic and anyways something i would like to ask people.

can someone give me back the urge to listen to all those new rap cd's? not joking, i really used to be interested in anything that'd drop, unless it came to really wack artists, now i don't even bother downloading no more...don't get me wrong, i'm not trying to jump on the it-all-sucks-so-bad-now bandwagon, because i often think shit's aight when i listen to it, but somehow i just ain't feelin 95% of what's comin out in hiphop...it feels like it's just the same old unchanging shit based on the same patterns, even when it's decent...funny thing is i realized that a long time ago, but i used to be like 'if it's dope, fuck it', but now it actually gets me pretty bored unless it's one great song.

anybody else feel that way? Again, I'm not trying to whine about how it sucks like many people do, this year's been ok for hiphop, not like '95, but not worse than i expected. still, i'm kind of starting to stop caring, only album i really want to drop is Nas'...generally hiphop for me is, after being a fan for many years, losing much of the appeal it used to have...btw, i know other people who feel that way in real life, too

I feel the same way.  Years ago I couldn't wait for an album to drop.  If possible, I would pick it up at the local music store down the street early cause they'd release them on Fridays.  I'd even pay $15 for the CD on Friday when I coulda just waited till Tuesday and got it from Best Buy for $10!

But I feel ya cause I think some songs on newer shit is tight (not as tight as it used to be), but I get bored with them quickly.  I used to have all the new shit that came out memorized because I listened to it so much.  It is very rare nowadays that I listen to a CD long enough to barely learn the chorus, rather the whole song!

I'll pick up a brand new album now on Tuesday, play it for a few days, and then I end up popping something from '96, '94 or '95 back in the deck and continue to bump that for a week or more.  For the most part, I just don't get into what is popular now.

i love men who take pictures with their booty's out

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You know you want me.
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2004, 03:43:24 AM »
i only download/buy music from hip-hop artists that i know about already and I know come threw everytime with good, not great, but good albums.Unless someone tells me to download this album etc. But with other music types..i download everythiing i can  ;D

co-signs

and if those artist i like aint droppin shit...i jus go into a remember the time phase...and bump alot of old shit.. i dont even waste time gettin into new people..unless my favorites r ft on it..

i got the same feeling kill has right now..and i been bumpin n.e.r.d and sleepy brown's 1st album..lately then ti and luda dropped on the net... gave those 2 a listen...then i put the shit was bumpin at 1st back in...

davida.b.

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2004, 12:40:39 PM »
Don't worry about it Kill, thats perfectly normal. There was a point in time where even I questioned my love for hip hop. You'll grow out of it by next year at least.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2004, 12:54:16 PM »
lol, we'll see :)

(i mean, there's both...people who go through a phase like that and get back to lovin it and people who kinda start listening to other stuff/feel other stuff more and stay like that...i know both...yes, there's also those who think they're too smart. however, i'll see how shit's gonna be in a few months, guess i just won't post quite as much in hiphop topics on this board, but i ain't leavin or anything...still gonna be the most active mod in Outbounds lol.........peace)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2004, 01:26:53 PM »
I always keep different music on me, because there are times when I just don't feel like listening to rap music. I love hip-hop, but once in a while I just need to kick back to some Motown, or some oldies, or some Jodeci. Ya' know. And don't worry about the not looking forward to CDs. I am the same way, have been for years. I still love hip-hop, but I really am only looking forward to very few CDs. I bought Jada, Kanye, Ghostface, Mos Def and Talib this year, and am looking forward to Xzbit and Nas at the end of the year. But other than that, I really ain't look forward to anything. Before I bought the Black Album last year, I didn't buy a new CD in like a year, so don't trip. Unless it's tight, I ain't buying it.

davida.b.

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2004, 02:00:37 PM »
lol, we'll see :)

(i mean, there's both...people who go through a phase like that and get back to lovin it and people who kinda start listening to other stuff/feel other stuff more and stay like that...i know both...yes, there's also those who think they're too smart. however, i'll see how shit's gonna be in a few months, guess i just won't post quite as much in hiphop topics on this board, but i ain't leavin or anything...still gonna be the most active mod in Outbounds lol.........peace)

Just so long as you don't end up like the guy in my sig......

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2004, 03:25:52 PM »
^ goddamn, first i looked at ODB, but youre talkin bout the RIP fucker right? I'm not trying to brag, but like the vast majority of people I AM way to smart for THAT

davida.b.

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2004, 03:27:17 PM »
but youre talkin bout the RIP fucker right?

right.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2004, 03:42:59 PM »
^ goddamn, first i looked at ODB

LMFAO  :D

I hoped that would happen LOL. The world rules.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2004, 04:04:04 PM »
^ goddamn, first i looked at ODB

LMFAO :D

I hoped that would happen LOL. The world rules.
i did too...and didnt realize it till kill said it