Author Topic: what does this mean in mirc  (Read 437 times)

SnAkE_EyEs

• Lil Geezy
what does this mean in mirc
« on: September 16, 2002, 02:57:18 PM »
RMZ-DCC18- *** You have a DCC pending, Set your client to receive the transfer. (30 seconds remaining until timeout)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
They got guns to my head
I think I'm going down
I can't believe this happenin in my own town
If I had wings I could fly
let me contemplate
I glanced in the cut and I see my homey Nate

I LOVE IT !!! FUNK BABY !!!

Peter-5150

• 'G'
Re: what does this mean in mirc
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2002, 04:24:47 PM »
Troubleshooting for Specific Problems
Why can't I get a file? or
Why does it keep saying: "You have a DCC pending, Set your client to receive the transfer..."? or
Why does my status screen say "file type ignored"?
So you request a file but nothing seems to happen. First, make sure you can receive files. Have a buddy DCC send you a small text file. There's no point in going further until that works. If that works, mIRC (5.8 or later) automatically ignores all but a few "safe" file types such as text files for your own protection against trojan horse infections. Check your status window for telltale error messages like "file type ignored". This protective feature is there for a good reason, due to the dangers described above. If you can't figure out how to disable this feature, take it as a strong hint that you also lack the experience to tell a real game/movie/MP3/whatever from a virus or backdoor. If you really want to proceed anyway, look under alt-o | DCC | folders. Whatever you do, don't auto-get and don't disable the file ignoring entirely. Just add in the safe file types you are sure about, such as "*.mpg" or whatever. If you've done all that and the file still won't come through, chances are the sender is having problems with his firewall, which is becoming a common problem as inexperienced people try to set up file servers on their home networked PCs.

i got this info from:
http://www.irchelp.org/irchelp/security/warez.html
Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »