Author Topic: Survey Results: Dem vs. Republican  (Read 351 times)

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Survey Results: Dem vs. Republican
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2004, 09:35:57 AM »
This post isn't about the past, but you obviously want to make a point that past data shows the trend is in the other direction.  Actually past data shows just the opposite as well:

1.  Bush once had approval ratings in the 80s, now his approval rating is in the mid 50s.
2.  Bush won by the slimmest margin of any incumbent president since woodrow wilson.
3.  Senatorial seats are not linked to population.  In fact, democrats recieved far more votes than republicans.  Unforuntately, every state is granted the same # of seats, so NY and Cali, recieve the same # of seats as Wyoming.  In actual elections, electoral votes are weighted as we all know.
4.  According to a recent study, Americans now have a more favorable opinion of democrats than of republicans, even though republicans have had control for the past four years.
5.  Record numbers of prominent republicans voted Kerry.  Over 20 former republican senators, govenors, and congressmen voted Kerry in 04.
6.  No incumbent has ever lost during a time of war.  The public doesn't like to change horses midstream. 

If your argument is that "trends don't exist, unless the party loses" I dont think that makes much sense.  If a president is highly respected, and then barely wins, and 48% of the population votes on him being "incompetent." Well, then I dunno, there might be a trend there.  Of course by your logic, that is impossible, because Bush won, it doesn't matter if he won by 2 votes or 20 million votes, he still won.  Actually, when Clinton won he only had 44% of the vote.  John Kerry had 48% of the vote against an incumbent in war time. 

But let's make it a lot simpler for you. All you have to do is contruct a simple graph.  Plot Bush's approval rating over time, and then tell me what  direction the trend is in?

If you can't look at facts, and admit the obvious, you shouldn't be arguing with me.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2004, 10:26:18 AM by Ant »

acbaylove

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2004, 10:31:54 AM »
Trauma shut the fuck up homie!! Tell Ant he's right and it's over! Goddamn! ;D
« Last Edit: November 26, 2004, 10:34:02 AM by Antonio »

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2004, 11:50:19 AM »
I love how you guys post things that make no sense, and then arrogantly assume your correct, and feel no need to justify your position.

Let's explain it somewhat simpler.  What is so difficult to understand about the concept of a prediction, and trend?  And why do you follow me around in posts, defending the village idiot, and talking trash, while saying nothing of worth?

Let's take another example:

Let's say I 'predict' the yankees will the next world series.  Then you come in and say "no your wrong, the yankees already lost the world series last last world series."  Does that make any sense? 

acbaylove

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2004, 02:35:33 PM »
1- Predictions? Shit, the same ones who predicted Gore and Kerry as Presidents of the USA? Yeah, right.. ::)
2- Seriously who gives a flying fuck about predictions on 2008 anyway? Shiiiit! :-X
3- I predict Bush will be the President of the USA for the next 4 years. :-*

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2004, 03:03:38 PM »
All you got to do is look at traumas picture of america, enough said.

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2004, 09:21:18 AM »
1- Predictions? Shit, the same ones who predicted Gore and Kerry as Presidents of the USA? Yeah, right.. ::)
2- Seriously who gives a flying fuck about predictions on 2008 anyway? Shiiiit! :-X
3- I predict Bush will be the President of the USA for the next 4 years. :-*

1.  I never predicted Gore would win, my family actually voted Bush in 2000, but I really did not care who won.  And I did bet on Kerry, but that was only because he was trading at a 45% chance of winning.  I guess you could interpret that as a prediction, but that was more of a just for fun bet.

2. Exactly my point.  Its just a little tiny prediction, you are the ones throwing a fit over it.  My whole prediction should have taken up 2 lines of type on dubcc, instead you want to argue with me about the outcome of a prediction that can't even be tested yet. 

3.  So do I.

Do you even read my posts before you respond to me?  There is no reason to take any of you seriously, if you can't have a reasonable discussion.  Instead you come and post arrogance and hate, when you obviously haven't even read my post.  I began posting articles about GWB on this site a few weeks ago.  I never wrote in calling anyone names, or being a dick to anyone in particular.  Instead you all take it as if I'm attacking you personally.  After you run your  mouth in my posts, ignoring my points, and just talking trash, eventually I criticize you personally.  Is it all that hard to read my post, and take it for what its worth without twisting it so you can form some type of demented argument about it?  You've spent this whole thread arguing that "because GWB won in 2004, the republicans won't lose credibility by 2008." 

Also, if you look at Trauma's picture, its just another example of a partisan, using misleading information to reaffirm their own worldview.  Elections are not decided by land mass, but by votes.  If one person lived in wyoming, and that person voted Bush, the whole of Wyoming would be red, but that would prove very little.  We rely on an electoral college, where votes are weighted based on population size.  Trauma likes to post that picture because it helps him reaffirm his false assumptions.  The truth is:

1. 48% of the population voted blue.
2. GWB won by the smallest margin of any incumbent president since Woodrow Wilson..
3. Clinton won with only 44% of the vote, compared to Kerry's 48%.
4.  America is split evenly almost, red & blue.

acbaylove

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2004, 10:13:54 AM »
1.  I never predicted Gore would win, my family actually voted Bush in 2000, but I really did not care who won.  And I did bet on Kerry, but that was only because he was trading at a 45% chance of winning.  I guess you could interpret that as a prediction, but that was more of a just for fun bet.

2. Exactly my point.  Its just a little tiny prediction, you are the ones throwing a fit over it.  My whole prediction should have taken up 2 lines of type on dubcc, instead you want to argue with me about the outcome of a prediction that can't even be tested yet. 

3.  So do I.

Do you even read my posts before you respond to me?

lol, i did. The thing i dont understand is..

1. I wasnt talking about you, i dont care about your personal predictions. Nobody does.
2. So why you posted it if it's a prediction that can't even be tested yet? Just to make another topic?
3. lol.