Author Topic: Your Parents Thoughts On Hip-Hop  (Read 276 times)

C-Swift

Your Parents Thoughts On Hip-Hop
« on: November 27, 2004, 04:44:44 PM »
What are they? Mine feel all rap is ignorant and profane.

mauzip

Re: Your Parents Thoughts On Hip-Hop
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2004, 05:05:52 PM »
My dad is Bun B, what do you think my parents think about hip hop?

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2004, 05:11:43 PM »
My Mom likes it..But my day cant stand it.

Tha_Reverend

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2004, 05:24:06 PM »
they can't really stand it.  My dad is more loose with it though.  he knows what's up. I catch him quoting lines from classics such as Nothin But A G Thang and It Was A Good Day.  but for the most part they think it's talent less.   lol  they never banned me from listening to it. 

I gave both of them a cd of Dj Quik Instrumentals and they looooove that.   little do they know BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 8)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2004, 06:00:12 PM »
My dad is Bun B, what do you think my parents think about hip hop?

LMMFAO!!!!

my pops thought the shit was a trend back in the day when it was going through its growing pains...(breakdancing etc....)
but by the time the 90's hit he was down....Im proud to say my dad owns a copy of all eyes on me and life after death and several other c.d.'s ( jay z....etc) my moms cool with it too....I remember when I got a copy of all ice cubes kill at will I was trying to hide the parental advisory sticker from him but he seen it and said......It aint as bad as what you see and hear on tv and was cool with it.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2004, 06:37:44 PM »
didn;t we already have this discussion  ;D?
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2004, 06:47:25 PM »
My father's Ronald Isley, he prefers R&B over HipHop, but doesn't really disrespect it, you know. 

SlickPants

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2004, 06:56:09 PM »
mom doesn't really understand it, dad used to hate it and used to call like shit that wasn't hip hop rap, but he's gettin to be a bit more cool with it.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2004, 07:52:19 PM »
my dad likes some rap.. but hes more of a zeppelin guy

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2004, 08:01:47 PM »
In an interview with Brian Wilson earlier this year, they asked him what modern music he listened to... he said some funny shit (you know he's completely out of touch with reality, basically)... he said that modern music was crap, he called it crap instead of rap (and then laughed histerically like he was the first to think of that)... and then said

"Everybody sounds so angry.  I can't understand what they're saying.  I want to go up and just tap them on the shoulder, and say "Excuse Me, Can I help you with Something?"

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2004, 09:35:36 PM »
My mom is cool with it, she just doesnt really like nwa or the gangsta bullshit, but I dont really like it anymore either lol so its all good.

My dad is ok with it.. he's basically the same as my mom but does like the artists like mos def or talib or common.. etc, whereas my mom does.

Grandparents hate it and my grandpa is always sayin i dont call it rap music, i call it crap music ;D hahahaha, but he doesnt mind some artists who make beats.. like madlib, he loves shades of blue.

pappy

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2004, 09:44:43 PM »
my mom doesnt like it b/c of the bass.  My dad says he really likes the beats but the guys rapping fuck the track up lol.  He likes the song big poppa tho lol.

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2004, 01:07:05 AM »
This really is a pointless topic, because its pretty well known most parents and older people in general do NOT like rap. Rap is a culture that is a voice for todays generation, and most older people are very ignorant and dont understand it. However, us heads know that hip hop is a very beautiful thing and is here to stay, no matter how many older/more conservative people may oppress it!!!!
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2004, 02:24:44 AM »
they don't understand the lyrics.. they havent made any comment on it to date and probably wont in the future either.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Elevz

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2004, 02:39:00 AM »
I think that's the biggest reason for them not to like hiphop - they just don't really pay attention to the lyrics. I hear that from people of our age also, and they even say the beats are repeative... Fuckin' hell, it sounds like they never even heard the guitar accords in rock music being repeated.

Ignorance is one bad thing  8)

Anyway, about my parents... My dad absolutely hates it (too noisy and all, probably because of the bass) and my mom doesn't like R&B because she thinks it's hella lot of crying by the singers (and often I do agree with her). She thinks hiphop is a bit better - she often listens to the radio with me, but then again, so do I listen to their music. It's not that she likes it, but most of the times she'll be fine listening to it. And she hates southern hiphop, but so do I most of the time  8)