Author Topic: Fuck The Source !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 665 times)

deeznutzz

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Fuck The Source !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: September 15, 2002, 12:33:49 AM »
Did y'all cop the last two issues of this piece of shit.  First of all they put cockafella and murder stinc on the cover and they didn't even have Dre or Quik in the producer issue.  As for the top 25 rhyme list there was only about ten westcoast rhymes on there.  They had that fuckin dumb ass Benzino(who by the way is part owner of this mag)who 's fuckin album gets pawned off at the wherehouse for two dollars on that list.  This mag is on some eastcoastdickridin shit because all I see is ads for these sorry ass artist on the eastcoast.  The only reason they gave face 5 mics is because he's on Def Scam and they pay the Sauce for thier advertisements(don"t get me wrong the fix is a classic but what about the diary,Mr scarface,etc.).  I know Premier is a dope prod. but how many classics has he dropped?Pete Rock,come on all he had was T.R.O.Y. and haven't heard from him since.  There are some dope prod. out there like just blaze,kanye west,etc.,but to not have dre or Tim in the article is just disrespectful.I'm not  coppin this shit no more because all they do is ride on eascoast dicks.  If you don't believe me check this shit out,Made Men 4.5 mics,Black Rob 4.5 mics,The Chronic 4.5 mics,Dre 2001 4.5 mics.Nuff said,Oh I almost forgot(Cuz the boyz in the hood are always hard you keep talking that trash we'll pull your card know nutthin in life but to be legit don't quote me boy cuz I ain't said shit.)Didn't even make the top 100 P.S. Fuccccc The Sauce deeeeeeeeeeeeeeez nutzzzzzzzz
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Zero4eva

Re: Fuck The Source !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2002, 01:09:36 AM »
Fuck the Sauce & fuck Pete Rock haters.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2002, 02:10:37 AM »
You've realized that The Source sucks major donkey balls. Good for you. You've taken your first step towards a larger world.

Murrow

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2002, 05:04:43 AM »
Yes, The Source has been pissing me off of late.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2002, 05:28:59 AM »
As of late??? Ya' all just catching on. LOL@ Warren G in 1994, were he stated Fuck the Source in the credits to Regulate.

Murrow

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2002, 05:56:16 AM »
Well, I actually liked reading them before.  

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2002, 07:00:19 AM »
 As for the top 25 rhyme list there was only about ten westcoast rhymes on there.  They had that fuckin dumb ass Benzino(who by the way is part owner of this mag)who 's fuckin album gets pawned off at the wherehouse for two dollars on that list.  This mag is on some eastcoastdickridin shit because all I see is ads for these sorry ass artist on the eastcoast.

There were 100 rhymes.
And 10 of 100 isn't bad considering the greatest emcees ever are from the east.  Rakim, KRS, Kane, Slick Rick, Nas, Big, G Rap, etc. Face it the east has more major artists, better emcees and have dropped more classics.

Everything in the mag Benzino related is bullshit and they do lose credibility for it, but everyone knows he's shit and would be no where without The Source.  Just ignore everything Benzino related.

I know Premier is a dope prod. but how many classics has he dropped?Pete Rock,come on all he had was T.R.O.Y. and haven't heard from him since.  There are some dope prod. out there like just blaze,kanye west,etc.,but to not have dre or Tim in the article is just disrespectful.

You should try experimenting with hip-hop outside of the west cause believe it or not Pete Rock and Primo are two of the greatest producers ever.  Primo and Pete have a lot of classics believe me, I could make a serious list of tracks produced by these two. These two influence a lot of other producers and are heavily respected.  Good choice having them in this article.

I'm not  coppin this shit no more because all they do is ride on eascoast dicks.  If you don't believe me check this shit out,Made Men 4.5 mics,Black Rob 4.5 mics,The Chronic 4.5 mics,Dre 2001 4.5 mics.

Both Dre's should of got 5, Made Men doesn't even count and Black Rob's album was worth 4.5, he's really underrated and shouldn't be looked down upon cause he's down with Puffy. No rating system is perfect and they do a fairly good job everyone makes mistakes.

The Source is the best mag, easily.  No mag is perfect and they certainly fuck up a lot (even with factual info.)   but XXL and Vibe have nothing on them.  (I can't comment on the other smaller mags that I haven't seen or had a chance to read.)

Jome

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2002, 08:26:30 AM »
yup yup, fuck tha Source.
XXL is way better, and if other magazines isn't catching up to the Source, then they're basically trash.
If you're from N.Y. and HATE Westcoast, then The Source might be good..

Zero4eva

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2002, 12:05:27 PM »
On the toilet I love reading XXL & The Sauce.

HairWuzEre

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Timbaland
word
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2002, 03:33:59 PM »
...the greatest emcees ever are from the east...the east has more major artists, better emcees and have dropped more classics...Pete Rock and Primo are two of the greatest producers ever. Primo and Pete have a lot of classics...These two influence a lot of other producers and are heavily respected. Good choice having them in this article.
That's all true.

By the way, for those of you who don't think that Pete Rock is a classic producer, check out I.N.I.'s "Center of Attention" album (one of the greatest hip hop albums ever!).

FILA::AUS

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Gold Coast, Australia
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2002, 04:14:59 PM »
hmm...you know, before i ever heard of ppl saying that the Source plays favourites between East & West, I used to read it sometimes and with no outside knowledge I always got the feeling like they put more positive weight onto East Coast artists. I didn't even know the source was an East coast mag.

CITY I RIDE FOR...

DPG4lyfe

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2002, 06:17:43 PM »
ya thats tha first thing i thought on tha 100 bst rhymez list that they berly had any West Coast rhymez on there and they put Tim Dog's Fuck Compton on tha bst diss rhymez and i waz pissed cuzz they didnt even have one of Pacs rhymez on there from Hit Em Up and tah whole list iz East Coast i think thats a bunch of shyt and on Gangsta Boogie all they got iz Snoop/Dre when weswt coast iz known for its Gangsta rhymez and shyt. man i agree fucc tha source!!!!!! im out!!!

Pillow

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2002, 06:57:29 PM »
i used to think the source was the best hip hop mag out there but within the last year shit has started to fall off majorly...the best one out there right now i think is XXL

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2002, 07:08:27 PM »
they've always been east coast based and always will.....i just happen to think that we're jealous that the source does such a good job covering and promoting and discussing eastcoast artists that we need a westcoast source over here....but that would cause tension between all the other places that's puttin out shit (ATL, Chi, dirty south, blahblahblah) that'll never happen. it's always gonna be partial to the east cuz that's where that shit started and that's where it's based.....we just need a good magazine out on the west and we'd be happy. and it's not just their coverage of hip hop, cuz xxl does fine, but it's the whole hip hop culture thing that makes the source a very good and very controversial magazine.....think about it, if the source didn't do a good job, would we all be bitchin? hell nah, we just want our piece of the pie.......

LIL GUY

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2002, 05:55:23 AM »
OF COURSE THE SOURCE IS EAST COAST BASED, THERE FROM THE EAST COAST.  IF SOME ONE FROM THE BAY MADE A MAGAZINE ALL THE SHIT WOULD BE BAY AREA, IF SOMEONE FROM DOWN SOUTH HAD A MAG IT WOULD PAY ATTENTION TO DOWN SOUTH, IM SUPRISED THEY HAVE AS MUCH WEST COAST SHIT AS THEY DO.