Author Topic: Gangs.  (Read 784 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re: Gangs.
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2004, 10:41:07 AM »
I agree.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Don Seer

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2004, 10:57:47 AM »
to me.. real g's are low key..

i've known people sellnig a lil weed thinkin they on some big time shit..

yet i know people shifting kilo's of weed, coke, K and MDMA... and it aint no thing..

Hell yeah Seer real G's are low key, I knew an associate in college who was formerly a Folk but he didn't go around throwing it up, same went for another homie I knew in college who was formerly a Blood but he didn't throw it up neither. I respect that 'cause it's the fakes who go around making gang affiliations a spectacle

well thats the thing... there isnt a gang culture down where i live... i hear there are copycat kinda gangs in the big cities.. just like there are across america.. its far from that

can see that even here.. some of the same shit goes on whether people are in a gang or not.

some people front, some know how to handle themselves.. its the same the world over. black, white,brown.. gang or no gang.

i could be wrong.. but to me a gang is a logical reaction to the fact that someone else is in/has a gang.. 1 guy cant hold turf against 100s of people.. but a rival gang the same size can. they're a form of defense, and a support structure.

i can understand.. when i was 15-20 i hung around in a large group of people my age.. we got drunk, did drugs, sold drugs.. fucked around getting into trouble.. there were other groups of people doing the same thing.. some we didnt like.. some we kinda knew and scored from. blow it up to more territorial, criminal, competitive,violent thing..

from my view on the outside thats how i see gangs..

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2004, 12:56:17 PM »
My city is going to the gutter, that gang bangin is coming up here
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2004, 03:14:16 PM »
Ofcourse, real gz are low key.

I agree somewhat. John Gotti was hardly low key and he was a big time gangster. Same goes for Al Capone.

DAYUM

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2004, 08:12:15 PM »
i aint gonna get into it im just gonna say its not worth dieng for ive had so many close friends and family members get shot or stabbed all cus of a color or the nieghborhood they live in and now that i dont live there no more whats the point of still reppin it? i mean im reppin westside when i live on the south side lol...

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2004, 08:31:24 PM »
^ Because ure fake.

If U was really FROM west of Houston, then you'd from there even if U moved to fuckin Japan. But like U said, U were simply a resident, U only lived there. There's a BIG difference. Now U moved to the South and feel like ure from there now, fact is, U ain't from nowhere and prolly never will be. See, Many people don't understand that unless they get that feeling U get when you're a product of somewhere. I could tell from sitting thousands of miles away who is a product and who's not, cats like OG Tech, SGV, Adon, Overseer, etc etc. They are products of where they're from. Cats like Trauma, White Boy, 7even etc. They're juss citizens and residents. I'm not sayin they're fake, because they not claiming to be "repping" anything, but fact remains that they don't understand because they not from nowhere like that. Am I makin myself clear or what?

And there is a difference between GangstER and GangstA, but shit, dats a whole different story.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2004, 08:35:36 PM by RODZILLA is BAY AREA Hip Hop »

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

DAYUM

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2004, 09:17:16 PM »
^ Because ure fake.

If U was really FROM west of Houston, then you'd from there even if U moved to fuckin Japan. But like U said, U were simply a resident, U only lived there. There's a BIG difference. Now U moved to the South and feel like ure from there now, fact is, U ain't from nowhere and prolly never will be. See, Many people don't understand that unless they get that feeling U get when you're a product of somewhere. I could tell from sitting thousands of miles away who is a product and who's not, cats like OG Tech, SGV, Adon, Overseer, etc etc. They are products of where they're from. Cats like Trauma, White Boy, 7even etc. They're juss citizens and residents. I'm not sayin they're fake, because they not claiming to be "repping" anything, but fact remains that they don't understand because they not from nowhere like that. Am I makin myself clear or what?

And there is a difference between GangstER and GangstA, but shit, dats a whole different story.

fuck u u fuckin wigger im not from houston either and dont call me a fuckin fake u dont know me i decided to better myself not be a fuckin drop out gangster who wont live past 18 i dont even lable myself as a gangsta no more so how am i gonna be a fake?

lol at u talking about fake ur the biggest fake on WCC u fuckin wanksta

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2004, 11:27:30 PM »
dawg, don't even make me paste all my chat logs with U suckin my dick on AOL messenger bac in the days....I don't give a fuc if U from Houston, Dallas, Moon or Mars, I was juss tryin 2 make a point.

U stressed what's the point of reppin Westside of your town now that U live on the Southside....if U dunno the answer to that, then U should never use the word "reppin" ever again.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2004, 11:29:14 PM by RODZILLA is BAY AREA Hip Hop »

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2004, 12:18:52 AM »
This is why I try not to explain too much to people here about street life. I have had friends die for the streets. In a Mexican-American community, in the varrio, your local gangstas are like heros. They hold down the hood, and there is a code of ethics you follow. Lately, younger kids are getting away from the code, but that's with every generation and eventually they'll follow it, and the next generation will follow it. They are not doing this for any other reason than money and respect, and love. You join a gang, you are saying that's your family. In some cases in Mexican-American families, the gang is your family. To explain all of this though is not easy, especially if you are trying to explain it to people who cannot think like someone with that mentality. It's like, what do I say, my homeboy I've been cool with forever and a day, we kick it, we got other homies, and we are willing to die for each other. I mean, it runs way deeper than that, and it's something that I just can't explain without people knowing about it. And the thing is, in a westcoast gangsta rap board, I used to think people at least heard the music and understood something, but what I learned is that no matter what, you can't explain something to people who will never know, and are scared of the reality. They'd rather think it's dumb, and move on. So for that, I'll just let it be.

Trauma-san

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2004, 07:32:26 AM »
Well; it IS dumb.  There is no reality other than it's a bunch of idiots running around shooting each other because of what they say, or wear, or who they associate with.  You forgot to blame it on the man, in your last paragraph, btw. 

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2004, 12:44:17 PM »
Trauma u lived a nice picket fence no trouble life, and youre a product of that. People who grow up with fucked up families, no desire to get an education etc theyre gonna stick with the social structure that a) theyre most comfortable with, and b) that protects them and ensures their survival

I aint never claimed gangsta status, but i understand why those who claim it do it. Its all about the environment u grew up and the options u had. Plus, Trauma never experienced no motherfuckin football players from next subarbs smashin up yur pot roast gatherings or whatever the hell subarban white folks do.

Straight up, two things kept me out of street bullshit (i dabbled in it, did stupid shit, but im talkin gangsterism as a way of life, dedication shit). Those two things were strong family/religious foundation, and desire for education and a better life, and that stems from me being well travelled and experienced good/bad, rich/poor, so i can make that decision. But not everybody has that freedom.

Plus, I never wanted to be those fools who get caught and serve time. Real motherfuckers escape with clean records and university degrees  8)
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

DAYUM

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2004, 03:01:49 PM »
dawg, don't even make me paste all my chat logs with U suckin my dick on AOL messenger bac in the days....I don't give a fuc if U from Houston, Dallas, Moon or Mars, I was juss tryin 2 make a point.

U stressed what's the point of reppin Westside of your town now that U live on the Southside....if U dunno the answer to that, then U should never use the word "reppin" ever again.

shut the fuck up  if im a fake because ive bettered my life and i dont wanna end up shot or stabbed or sum bum or wanna be rapper thats never gonna make it then so be it...

Trauma-san

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2004, 06:15:18 PM »
Trauma u lived a nice picket fence no trouble life, and youre a product of that. People who grow up with fucked up families, no desire to get an education etc theyre gonna stick with the social structure that a) theyre most comfortable with, and b) that protects them and ensures their survival

Almost always, without exception, when you generalize something this much, you accidentally do it to the exception to the case.  My life has been just as troubled as yours, I'm poor, always have been poor, and I still didn't join a gang.  I still don't go around stealing; I still don't go around robbing people and getting into fights.  So blame it on your situation all you want, but the truth is you're just a weak mind if that's what you fall into. 

rafsta

« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2004, 04:52:54 PM »
gangs are the lowest form of society...

they are cowards...