Author Topic: The Real Death Row Records Facts/Discussion  (Read 2955 times)

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Im out for the summer. See you all in the winter!
The Real Death Row Records Facts/Discussion
« on: November 30, 2004, 06:43:13 AM »
Here's some discussions for those true G-Funk listeners from back in the day. I remember my old thread about the Crooked I Death Row album got a lot of replies. Well if anyone has some cool information, or old facts on the former powerhouse label, post them up. Please only post information from reliable sources and that you know is 100% the truth. . .

1) The song "Easy to be a soldier, When there ain't no war" is basically a re-make of the unreleased gem from the Death Row: Inside Out Compilation, "Snoop Dogg/Bitch Dogg" by Swoop G feat. Lil' c-style. The beat is different but the Lil C-Style verse is the exact same, Tha Realest added his vocals and Swoop G re-mixed his part.

Death row:Inside Out compilation (Which later became "Chronic 2000")
Disc 1

1.intro-tha realest
2.late nite-2pac,dj quik
3.whats the deal-chocolate bandit
4.only because of you-daz dillinger,outlawz,tha realest
5.going back to cali-top dogg
6.easy to be a soldier when there-tha realest
7.with me tonight-jewell
8.fifty sac-soopafly
9.we don't love em-ygd top dogg
10.they wanna be like us-tha realest w/top dogg
11.unconditional love-2pac
12.memory lane-Jewell

disc 2

1.intro-jewell,tha realest
2.snoop dogg/bitch dogg-swoop w/lil' c-style
3.just touch me-chocolate bandit
4.july haloween-sixx feet            {possibly six feet deep?}
5.Who do u believe-2pac & outlawz
6.68 & i owe u 1-jewell&the 68 girls
7.han cuff ya hoes-top dogg w/tha realest
8.gotta love a gangster-tha realest & scarface
9.cry for me die for u-tha realest w/ top dogg & sheeba black
10.i'm comin home-tha realest
11.against all odds-danny boy
12.fiend to a pipe-young soldierz

2) Danny Boy was adopted by Suge when he was 15. He lived and grew up in Chicago with his Grandmother who passed away giving custody of him to Suge Knight. Danny Boy recorded his debut solo album in 95'/96', by the summer of 96' he had a full DOUBLE CD album completed, but unfortunatly didnt see light of day. The album had production from DJ Quik (Produced over 50% and mixed the album), Kevyn Lewis, Keith Andes, Daz Dillinger and more, and featured Tupac Shakur (2 songs), Tha Dogg Pound, Jodeci, Mary J Blidge, Jewell, Gina Longo (Death Row's only white artist). Danny has not been signed to Death Row since 99', when he filed for bankrupcy and moved back to Chicago.

3) "Can't C Me" from the Dogg Pound, which was orginally a track with Ice Cube and Dr. Dre for the Helter Skelter album that never came to be. Then DPG wanted it on their album Dogg Food as the fist single.  But somebody (I won't name names!) decided that no Dre-produced track should appear on Dogg Food (Dre also did a remix of "Dogg Pound Gangstas" that was supposed to be on the album, which never saw the light of day), so the song was pulled, therefore this is a Dogg Food leftover. Then along comes 2Pac. After spending a day in the studio listening to tracks to be included on his All Eyez On Me album, he came across 3 Dre beats he liked: "Cant C me", "BluntTyme" (originally a song with 2Pac, Dre and Rage which later re-surfaced on the Aftermath compilation featuring RBX) and "Cali Love" which was orginally a solo song for Dre's new album The New World Odor: Papas Got a Brand New Funk. "Blynt Tyme" didn't make the final cut. But...after some persuasion Pac decided to go with "Cali Love" and "Cant C Me", so he erased the DPG vocals and Dre's second verse from those respective songs. In other words, you have a truly RARE song from the once-powerful Death Row Records. If and when the original "Cali Love" (with just Dre) and "Blunt Tyme" re-surface, they will immediately become collectors items. These are no speculations, just straight up facts. Thank Tony Best for the audio.

There you have it, Death Row at its finest!

(#3 was what I posted in 2000, here http://revelation.phpwebhosting.com/wca/tharow.htm)

http://www.audiohosting.org
incredible audio hosting deal and offers for mp3/wma/mpeg/etc. hosting for unsigned artists and record companies.

o g s u e s o n e

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The Real Death Row Records Facts/Discussion
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2004, 07:34:05 AM »
nice topic scott. but if u would leak all these tony best jewell, inside out, top dogg, old danny boy tracks... we would really have somethin to discuss here....  ;)

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2004, 08:19:57 AM »
Ok every 10 replies gets a free Dubcc exclusive mp3. . .

Sues, nice to see your doing good, its been about 2 years since we spoke. . .

incredible audio hosting deal and offers for mp3/wma/mpeg/etc. hosting for unsigned artists and record companies.

Sharif

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2004, 08:25:22 AM »
but that tha realest tracks are REAL ?

CRY FOR ME DIE FOR U like example

anyone got it ?

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2004, 08:35:32 AM »
Yes they are all real titles. "Cry for me, Die for U" was dropped from the album when "Chronic 2000" was released.

Sheeba Black used to be on Antra and worked with Kurupt, Jewell etc etc.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2004, 08:39:12 AM by Que »

Don Seer

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2004, 09:21:14 AM »

what was the top dogg stuff on musicpharm (i think) recently?

i saw a post about it on the wc rydaz forum, but i'm not a member at musicpharm

Mygla

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2004, 09:22:35 AM »
wasn't there another tracklisting for Chronic 2000 too? With Ho Hopper and some other tracks?

anyways, props on givin' up all tight info Que, the Danny Boy clip you posted in the other (classic) threas was great, even tho the quality was low, maybe that could be a song to start of with?  :)

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2004, 10:35:29 AM »
Dope facts Que, thanks for sharing your info, and that would be dope if you dropped some mp3s too.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2004, 10:49:58 AM »
wasn't there another tracklisting for Chronic 2000 too? With Ho Hopper and some other tracks?

anyways, props on givin' up all tight info Que, the Danny Boy clip you posted in the other (classic) threas was great, even tho the quality was low, maybe that could be a song to start of with?  :)

yea, there was 3 tracklistings involved for Inside Out/Chronic 2000.  one is the one Nino posted in the original.  Then there is another one that was similar to the one that was released however it had around 8 Dr. Dre tracks, 4 of them unreleased.  Of those 4, "Ho Hopper" was one of em, the OG version of "OG 2 BG, and the other that I remember off the top of my head was called "Die MF Die" or something like that.  The songs were remixed to include the newer artists at the time (Top Dogg, VK, Tha Realest) however Dre threatened to sue because of his deal that Death Row could only release Dre stuff in its original form.

mauzip

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2004, 10:51:24 AM »

mauzip

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2004, 10:52:08 AM »
Ok every 10 replies gets a free Dubcc exclusive mp3. . .

Sues, nice to see your doing good, its been about 2 years since we spoke. . .

;D

notorious^q8I

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • KUWAITI........
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2004, 11:45:30 AM »
suge gotta release those songs man
or atleast let daz sneak in suge's office and steal them lol

CLASSIC.... west is BACK

Sharif

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2004, 12:01:12 PM »
any1 can post all that tha realest tracks never released ? Like Die....and the 2 intro and the song with Top Dogg
itz rare shit :O

Acgrundy

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2004, 12:15:32 PM »
man hella peeps hate on top dogg, but I really like the dudes flow and voice.  I'd really like to hear his unreleased album.

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2004, 12:56:49 PM »