Author Topic: what's your fav. record label?  (Read 745 times)

Murrow

Re: what's your fav. record label?
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2002, 07:59:49 AM »
I've supported Ice Cube back when he was with Priority.  I've supported Aftermath when they had nobody, just Dr. Dre, Mel-Man and Eminem.  SO I have a right to stick up for this label.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2002, 08:28:10 AM »
Well obviously Death Row back in the day, and also Ruthless used to be tight as fuck.

Nowadays the best in my opinion are:

Rawkus
DPG Recordz
Star Trak

Thats about it, most other decent rappers seem to be spread across major corporations like Sony and people.

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2002, 08:28:41 AM »
I support the bay. You support commercial, mainstream, chart toppers. We are two very different people and I guess I should stop even trying to argue with you.

Be careful that u dont judge them by their sales.
What's bad with selling loads of records?
It don't mean shit to ya skillz.
Anyway Eminem is the only one on Aftermath that's putting out kinda shitty singles to sell betta but these singles won't destroy a whole album.
Dre's shit's straight heat and 2001 sold much but not beause of mainstream shit but because of dope ass tracks and incredible production.
Is Rakim mainstream? Hell No
neither is Cube he's a legend and one of tha illest rappers ever just like Rakim.
E-40's dope but he can't match Cube or Rakim.

And sayin Dre can't rap for shit ain't true.
Would all his tracks be so dope if he was a weak rapper?
He ain't writing his lyrics but is Eazy a weak rapper?
And don't say it's because he raps slow cuz this is his fuckin style and many other rappers rap slow very often.
He CAN rap faster but this ain't his style.
Still D.R.E., Keep Their Heads Ringin', Rat-Tat-Tat-Tat, The Watcher, Bad Intension, My Life, The Message...
That's just him and it's dope.
Plus all his parts of the other tracks like 100 Miles And Runnin', Push Play, Forgot About Dre, Puppet Master, Put It On Me, Deep Cover are dope too plus this shows he can rap fast(100 Miles & Forgot About Dre)too.
His part of the bangin track California Love was betta than Pac's (Of course I'm not sayin he's a betta rapper than Pac but on this tracks he's betta).
The reason is that he raps perfect with the beat (unlike Pac in THIS CASE).

Would u rather hear him rap fast on tracks like Big Egos?
He always raps perfect with the beat and the results are dope tracks.
Callin him a weak rapper is just unfair, don't forget all the dope ass classic tracks he brought us, they wouldn't be as good as they are if a WACK rapper would rap them.

JAE

« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2002, 08:34:42 AM »

Be careful that u dont judge them by their sales.
What's bad with selling loads of records?
It don't mean shit to ya skillz.
Anyway Eminem is the only one on Aftermath that's putting out kinda shitty singles to sell betta but these singles won't destroy a whole album.
Dre's shit's straight heat and 2001 sold much but not beause of mainstream shit but because of dope ass tracks and incredible production.
Is Rakim mainstream? Hell No
neither is Cube he's a legend and one of tha illest rappers ever just like Rakim.
E-40's dope but he can't match Cube or Rakim.

And sayin Dre can't rap for shit ain't true.
Would all his tracks be so dope if he was a weak rapper?
He ain't writing his lyrics but is Eazy a weak rapper?
And don't say it's because he raps slow cuz this is his fuckin style and many other rappers rap slow very often.
He CAN rap faster but this ain't his style.
Still D.R.E., Keep Their Heads Ringin', Rat-Tat-Tat-Tat, The Watcher, Bad Intension, My Life, The Message...
That's just him and it's dope.
Plus all his parts of the other tracks like 100 Miles And Runnin', Push Play, Forgot About Dre, Puppet Master, Put It On Me, Deep Cover are dope too plus this shows he can rap fast(100 Miles & Forgot About Dre)too.
His part of the bangin track California Love was betta than Pac's (Of course I'm not sayin he's a betta rapper than Pac but on this tracks he's betta).
The reason is that he raps perfect with the beat (unlike Pac in THIS CASE).

Would u rather hear him rap fast on tracks like Big Egos?
He always raps perfect with the beat and the results are dope tracks.
Callin him a weak rapper is just unfair, don't forget all the dope ass classic tracks he brought us, they wouldn't be as good as they are if a WACK rapper would rap them.

Very good points there. I never said e40 or celly were better with lyrics than rakim or eminem. I just listen to them more. Im one of the only ones here you bumps the bay and not DPG. Id listen to my celly cel cd over dres any day. Thats just the way i am. I believe all of these guys mentioned have talent but in my opinion 40 water, celly, Legit and lots of others are better. In fact im a big PPC fan I just didnt mention cause they arent all on the same label but if it has to be taht way then...

Quik, suga free, Playa HAMM, AMG, Hi-c, KK, dee, Mausberg, Tweed Caddy, El debarge (against Truth).

I dont care what anyone says. I love those guys music and Ill buy Skanless or Paid the cost before I buy detox.

blur2000celica

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2002, 05:50:04 PM »
sick wid it records

JAE

« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2002, 05:58:32 PM »
sick wid it records

He knows whats up!