Author Topic: Article about Rakim in the source  (Read 678 times)

AFTERMATH_FAN

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Article about Rakim in the source
« on: September 14, 2002, 07:22:21 AM »
Well,its now official.Rakim's album wont see the light of day.Those of you who have the new source go ahead and read the article.Just read between he lines.It doesnt look good,I dont think it will ever come out someone at aftermath dropped the ball,could it be Dre??I dont know time will tell.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

gdjone

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Article about Rakim in the source
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2002, 03:12:34 AM »
I am so disapointed with this Rakim business. It has become a joke to read new bullshit concerning this project. I may be Rakims biggest fan, but damn, what the fuck is really going on with Aftermath. Dre is so concerned about making a classic that he might fuck up whats already great. They have been in this game for a long time now, they don't have to learn what to do. How long does it take? Paid in Full is a classic Reasonable Dout is a classic, Illmatic is a classic Doggystyle is a classic, how long did they take. Even the Cronic didn't take this long and if it did we didn't know because we wasn't looking for it. If this is the price to pay for a classic, then give me three hot albums rather than one classic within the same time frame. I would like to see Rakim pump out a couple more albums but at this rate I'd be lucky to hear OMG before he retires. They both are kissing 40 and regardless how great Ra is he can't do this at a high level forever. You know what happens when you go pass your prime, ask Micheal Jordan, Ali, Run DMC. The Source article was a joke. Why did they even do an interview, to tell us about Rakim and Kane? Ra would'nt even talk about his relationship with Dre nor give real any information on the album. Two songs complete, out of all this time and out of all we've heard. Dre got tracks on everybodies shit but he can't seem to perfect a beat for Ra. Something ain't right about this picture. I hope this is part of the surprise that Ra talked about in the article and that they are just putting up smoke screens to keep down bootlegging and leaks. Oct 2000 was when the news got out and I have been waiting for and reading every release date, starting with Spring 2001, Fall 2001, Summer 2002, Fall 2002, Winter 2002, early 2003, whats next?

Zero4eva

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2002, 05:42:17 AM »
If there wasn't such a thing as the internet everybody would be looking forward to that album instead of spreading rumours, condemnin Dre, etc. The album will come out. Rakim ain't Hittman. Rakim is the GOAT, Dre is forced to bring out this album. I don't care whether it's comin out this year or next year. Dre signed Ra two years ago... still no album.... so what?? Stay patient. Rakim ain't Jay-Z. He doesn't bring out two albums every fuckin year. That's just not him.

AFTERMATH_FAN

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2002, 06:04:48 AM »
Well,to me the bad sign is when Rakim wouldnt even discuss his relationship with Dre.Thats not good and I believe they are having conflicts or creative difficulties.How sad,Dre might have dropped the ball on the greatest mc ever.

Don Seer

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2002, 06:21:09 AM »
I believe they are having conflicts or creative difficulties..

from what?
'u believe isn't 'fact'.

How sad,Dre might have dropped the ball on the greatest mc ever.

you've said dropped the ball in two posts here.. what makes you think that?

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2002, 07:33:20 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That's right, y'all. U gotta have faith.

AFTERMATH_FAN

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2002, 08:05:48 AM »
Its simply my opinion that Dre has dropped the ball.Also the fact that 50 cent has an album coming out very soon with an ad in the source is a slap in Rakims face.Again thats just my opinion.%0 cent has been signed only for a few months and he already has an album coming out.Rakim has been on aftermath for 2 years and no album.There is obviously a problem,im just using common sense here.We are all entitled to our opinion and I strongly feel that this wont ever see the light of day.Kind of sad considering the talent that Dr.dre posseses.But he continues to pump out hits for the likes of Eve,Mary j Blije,Busta,Xzibit,the list goes on.But he cant hook rakim up with some tight joints.Give me a break.Im the biggest Dre fan here,dont get me wrong but I just feel that they are having creative difficulties.

Don Seer

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2002, 08:23:50 AM »
so basically your creating negative gossip. plus... 50 Cent is also on Shady and has been workin wit eminem already... so he might be working with that side of things more.

Murrow

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2002, 08:39:58 AM »
so basically your creating negative gossip. plus... 50 Cent is also on Shady and has been workin wit eminem already... so he might be working with that side of things more.

Dre and Mel-Man already wrapped up their work on 50 Cent's album.  Dre will not do more than 3 tracks on this album...that is my guess.  This will be all handled by Eminem cause it is his dream to become a producer, and do a record.  So I think Dre has done his part for that album.  And his focusing on Rakim.

gdjone

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2002, 08:55:01 AM »

Dre and Mel-Man already wrapped up their work on 50 Cent's album.  Dre will not do more than 3 tracks on this album...that is my guess.  This will be all handled by Eminem cause it is his dream to become a producer, and do a record.  So I think Dre has done his part for that album.  And his focusing on Rakim.
Focuing on Rakim, Damn how much focus does he need. Rakim said he was about to sign with Dreamsworks before Dre signed him. I think he should have done so and just got some beats from Dre like everybody else. This seems to be the only way to get dre to work in a timely manner, because its not on his dime. Alot of established artist want beats but don't want Dre, and he keeps showing us why.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2002, 11:15:22 AM »
why the fuck wont some nigga jus scan the article up for the rest of who dont go out and buy the source and let me read the article for myself cuz after hearing everyonez responses tor eadin the article, its like 'naw rakim aint bringin no new heat, on aftermath anyways'

Zero4eva

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2002, 01:16:25 PM »

Focuing on Rakim, Damn how much focus does he need. Rakim said he was about to sign with Dreamsworks before Dre signed him. I think he should have done so and just got some beats from Dre like everybody else. This seems to be the only way to get dre to work in a timely manner, because its not on his dime. Alot of established artist want beats but don't want Dre, and he keeps showing us why.

If I was an MC I'd sign with Aftermath. Period.

P.S. I'm no Dr Dre dick rider........

antt213

• 'G'
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2002, 01:46:27 PM »
why the fuck wont some nigga jus scan the article up for the rest of who dont go out and buy the source and let me read the article for myself cuz after hearing everyonez responses tor eadin the article, its like 'naw rakim aint bringin no new heat, on aftermath anyways'

all hail the underground how that sound-xzibit

Doggystylin

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2002, 02:35:23 PM »
whoever says the article is bassicly sayin its not comin out is fuckin stupid, if it wasnt comin out, they wouldnt even have a article about it, this article is to make it look like were not gettin it and shit so when it drops it suprises you and if anything its pointin out that were gonna get hit with it from outta nowhere, thier out to make a classic, it says 4 tracks were done by primo but dre rejected them. i PROMISE this is comin out.

Doggystylin

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2002, 02:36:00 PM »

hold up, ill scan it in a sec