Author Topic: Israel's army conduct compared to Nazi coercion of Jewish musicians in holocaust  (Read 306 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Row over Israel border violinist
The Israeli army has cleared soldiers at a West Bank checkpoint of forcing a Palestinian man to play his violin.
But 28-year-old Wissam Tayem rejected the findings, saying he was told by the soldiers to "play something sad".

Human rights monitors who filmed the incident have also denied army claims that they back its version of events.

The footage has sparked a debate in Israel, where some media compared the army's conduct to Nazi coercion of Jewish musicians during the Holocaust.

Concentration camp prisoners were forced to perform classical music for their Nazi guards in the World War II.

The human rights group's film of the West Bank incident shows Mr Tayem playing to an audience of border guards and waiting Palestinians as his documents are checked.

'Not disrespectful'

An Israeli army investigation concluded Mr Tayem "opened the case and started to play the violin of his own volition".

"Several moments later, the Palestinian was asked by the liaison officer to stop playing," it said.

The army report added that the officer in charge of the checkpoint had been praised for his work both by his superiors and by local Palestinians.

The army faulted the soldiers for having failed to stop Mr Tayem from playing sooner, but said their actions were not disrespectful or humiliating.

When the incident came to light last week, the Israeli army said its soldiers had asked the Palestinian man to play his instrument to show it did not contain weapons or explosives.

Explosives

Mr Tayem has said he was humiliated at the checkpoint and the army's accounts do not make sense.

"They asked me to open the case and show them the instrument, which was fine by me," he told Israeli newspaper Haaretz.

"But then they asked me to play. I did not offer to play," he said.

He added that the soldiers would have asked him to step back and play his violin at a distance if they feared it might contain explosives.

Volunteer claims

Film footage of the checkpoint violin recital was shot on 9 November by Horit Herman Peled, a volunteer with women's human rights group, Machsom Watch, which monitors the conduct of Israeli troops.

In its report released on Tuesday, the Israeli army said another volunteer present at the checkpoint supported their claim that Mr Tayem was not forced to play his instrument, Haaretz reports.

However, the volunteer later told Haaretz that she and her colleagues were unable to hear the exchange between Mr Tayem and the border guards and therefore had "no reason to prefer [the army's] version of events over his".

Israel says its border checkpoints are designed to prevent Palestinian suicide bombers and militants from entering its territory.

Palestinians and rights groups say the border controls impose dangerous and humiliating restrictions on their freedom of movement, and have crippled their economy.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/world/middle_east/4058677.stm

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Doggystylin

Israel is the new Nazi Germany

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG

I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
Fuckin' retards.....How in the fuck can you possibly make that comparison?  I would fault Israel of one thing though--being too fucking nice!  They've put up with Palestine's bullshit bombings long enough.  If Isreal wanted to, they could wipe all those morons out in a matter of minutes.  I wish they would.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
^ You stupid cracka ass cracka. dont speak on things you dont know. For example, Tech doesnt talk about trailer parks, dysfunctional parents, whore sisters and wack ass processed food because Tech is not a piece of trash cracka like you. So siiiin, this is your cue to bounce out the thread.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
^ You stupid cracka ass cracka. dont speak on things you dont know. For example, Tech doesnt talk about trailer parks, dysfunctional parents, whore sisters and wack ass processed food because Tech is not a piece of trash cracka like you. So siiiin, this is your cue to bounce out the thread.

Sorry, Tech, but i gotta say this. Talkin about yourself in the third person really makes you look fuckin stupid. I got nothin personal against you, you often make very valid points, but the third-person thing really takes away a lot from intelligent comments
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Posted on: Today at 12:46:14 AMPosted by: _That_Cracka_J 
Insert Quote
Fuckin' retards.....How in the fuck can you possibly make that comparison?  I would fault Israel of one thing though--being too fucking nice!  They've put up with Palestine's bullshit bombings long enough.  If Isreal wanted to, they could wipe all those morons out in a matter of minutes.  I wish they would.
israel occupies palestine and oppresses palestinians, and you come to the conclusion palestinians are to blame?? Your such a fucking retard!

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Doggystylin

Sorry, Tech, but i gotta say this. Talkin about yourself in the third person really makes you look fuckin stupid. I got nothin personal against you, you often make very valid points, but the third-person thing really takes away a lot from intelligent comments

I disagree, your taking him too serious, he does it for humor, and I gotta admit, its pretty damn funny, lol

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!

You get annoyed by people insulting others online, you get annoyed by someone talking in the third person online.... I really think you need to pull whatever is up your ass out of there...

Let me annoy you... Jamal says you're an ugly hairmenian who happens to lack intelligence.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...

I disagree, your taking him too serious, he does it for humor, and I gotta admit, its pretty damn funny, lol

DING DING DING DING. The essence of a Tech post summarized in one sentence. Im ahead of my time.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Insert Quote
israel occupies palestine and oppresses palestinians, and you come to the conclusion palestinians are to blame?? Your such a fucking retard!

Oh, okay....the suicide bombings are perfectly okay then, since they OPPRESS the Palestinians ;)  Is that the reason Palestinians are uncivilized?

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Insert Quote

Oh, since we are talking about being retarded, you are incorrect in you grammar bitch.  It should be you're because you are really saying "you are" not "your (possessive)".   YOU'RE welcome ;D

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Insert Quote

Oh, since we are talking about being retarded, you are incorrect in you grammar bitch.  It should be you're because you are really saying "you are" not "your (possessive)".   YOU'RE welcome ;D

PS....I also meant to bold the "you" in "you grammar" in case you were gonna try to call me on that one. ;D

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Ok heres a little history lesson, now tell me you wouldn't be pissed off if this happenned to your country.... 55 years ago the jews steal half your country with western support, a couple of years later they invade and take over the rest of your country, they move natives out to make way for jewish settlements. You can't complain to the UN because america will veto any resolution critising israel or trying to place sanctions apon them. Then you have military support, since palestine was a german colony which was then taken over on 20 year mandate by the british in WW1 they had no official army, but Israel recieves billions of dollars from america every year in militatry aid, and those lovely french helped israel become the worlds 4th largest nuclear power (which the israeli still deny, so they havn't signed up to the non proliferation treaty and are not subject to sanctions). Israel has turned what is left of palestine into a virtual prison, with all the check points and restrictions they have imposed. they have also created many refugees (1.3 million in Gazaa alone) and they are often on the new buldozing down villages, schools, homes, farms etc. And how about the latst peace process Israel refused to negotiate its sponsors and the palestinian authority, they built a wall built an illegal wall on occupied land to cement its ownership in jewish hands perminantly. Bush maybe talking of a viable palestinian state, but this last year israel have been talking about blocking palestinian state hood and if any state were to remain it would be full of military check points and would not be viable with the current negotiators. I could easily go on but i'm at work and have to get on with some work, read the content and fuck grammer.

ps ppl who pick at other peoples grammer on an informal message board are one of the following:
1) an annoying twat
2) too stupid to understand the subject
3) or just plain ingnorant and unwilling to accept the truth

next time come back with a constructive argument on the subject or don't join the discussion!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2004, 01:26:03 AM by Don Rizzle »