Author Topic: Nas Sparks Controversy w/ 'Coon Picnic' Song  (Read 1719 times)

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Nas Sparks Controversy w/ 'Coon Picnic' Song
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2004, 05:03:40 PM »

i like the song..shit is funny...and cuba "radio: where's my pie!!!??" gooding jr is 1 of the whitest black men on earth ion care what nebody says..when ricky got shot..it scared the black out of his ass..

what eminem can speak his mind on his race...and nas cant..people need to get they heads out they ass..and jus enjoy the music..he aint doin shit but callin out all the uncle tom's jus like hood critic's do..at barbershops and shit..

u dont wanna hear how them niggas and bitches be talkin at wear i get my fades from..u'd think huey newton and nat turner was finna come thru or sumthin

nas showed his ass on this song..prop's nasir...

Hahaha for real though. These cats are acting like Nas made "Horny Lil Devil" part 2 or something. You're right about Eminem, he made that song "White America". I give Nas props for having artistic integrity. Maybe you guys would like it if Nas went back to being "escobar" and pretend to be a mobster drug dealer again.

Like I said earlier, which of course was ignored by the "Nas is racist" crowd, these are issues that are discussed amongst ourselves all the time and are legitimate issues. Bringing up those issues are intended to spark much needed debate. Since most of yall are on the outside looking in, you're passing judgement on something that you not only know nothing about, but refuse to even understand and that says more about you than it does about Nas.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2004, 05:28:06 PM »

i like the song..shit is funny...and cuba "radio: where's my pie!!!??" gooding jr is 1 of the whitest black men on earth ion care what nebody says..when ricky got shot..it scared the black out of his ass..

what eminem can speak his mind on his race...and nas cant..people need to get they heads out they ass..and jus enjoy the music..he aint doin shit but callin out all the uncle tom's jus like hood critic's do..at barbershops and shit..

u dont wanna hear how them niggas and bitches be talkin at wear i get my fades from..u'd think huey newton and nat turner was finna come thru or sumthin

nas showed his ass on this song..prop's nasir...

Hahaha for real though. These cats are acting like Nas made "Horny Lil Devil" part 2 or something. You're right about Eminem, he made that song "White America". I give Nas props for having artistic integrity. Maybe you guys would like it if Nas went back to being "escobar" and pretend to be a mobster drug dealer again.

Like I said earlier, which of course was ignored by the "Nas is racist" crowd, these are issues that are discussed amongst ourselves all the time and are legitimate issues. Bringing up those issues are intended to spark much needed debate. Since most of yall are on the outside looking in, you're passing judgement on something that you not only know nothing about, but refuse to even understand and that says more about you than it does about Nas.

Like I said before, I just don't like the approach he took. He didn't have to insult these men. If he was indeed saying for the sake of the song and not personal opinion then fine, but he isn't just bashing black men for choosing white women. He 's saying this shjoit about giving back to the streets. What does Tyger Woods owe to the street? Once again, if he is just expressing general ignorance for the sake of the song then fine, but I don't think so. It just doesn't sound that way. I still think Nas is going mad, and I thought that way before I heard this song. It was when I first heard verse 3 of I Can.

"Egypt was the place that Alexander the Great went
He was so shocked at the mountains with black faces
Shot up they nose to impose what basically
Still goes on today, you see?

The video referrs to the Sphynx. This is a blatant lie, and I know people that still belive Alexander shot off the nose. The probable truth is, that the higher class Egyptians were all more Arab than Black, and Alexander saved Egypt. By the time Greece came to Egypt it was in turmoil, he brought order back and became Pharoah. The day of Rameses was long gone by the time Alexander came.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2004, 03:37:01 AM »
 "Let's hear it, one for the coons on UPN 9 and WB who 'yes massa' on TV/ Whatever happened to Weezy, the Red Foxxes who never got Emmys but were real to me?"

^^^ That line is dope, and it's true.  It could have even been directed towards Red and Meth for selling out and being the white man's mascot, they totally debased themselves on that sitcom to play lapdog to whitey and earn an extra buck.

And everyone is automatically assuming that Nas dissed Tiger, Kobe, and O.J. just because they marry white women.  Don't assume.   
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2004, 03:52:46 AM »
Its a free country..In America you have he freedom of speech and can say whatever the fuck you want......... No matter how stupid it is

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2004, 09:36:22 AM »
"Let's hear it, one for the coons on UPN 9 and WB who 'yes massa' on TV/ Whatever happened to Weezy, the Red Foxxes who never got Emmys but were real to me?"

^^^ That line is dope, and it's true.  It could have even been directed towards Red and Meth for selling out and being the white man's mascot, they totally debased themselves on that sitcom to play lapdog to whitey and earn an extra buck.

And everyone is automatically assuming that Nas dissed Tiger, Kobe, and O.J. just because they marry white women.  Don't assume.   

But it isn't true. The actress that played Weezy, Isabel Sanford, did win an Emmy. Nas clearly stated she didn't and he was wrong. Nas is wrong! That line applies to almost everything that comes out of his moutht these days.

SGV

« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2004, 09:48:06 AM »
This thread reminds me of the Episode of Donahue Dave Chapelle was on: Angry White Men.

LOL.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2004, 09:50:33 AM »
This thread reminds me of the Episode of Donahue Dave Chapelle was on: Angry White Men.

LOL.

I'm not angry, I'm dissapointed at ignorance.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2004, 11:14:33 AM »
Shallow, all you have demonstrated here is that Nas didn't get his facts straight at times, whoopdy fuckin doo. You have failed to demonstrate however that he is racist. Why did he diss Kobe, OJ and Tiger? It's obvious but apparently yall don't see it, let me break it down for you.

Kobe: Gets in trouble in Colorado, then tried to snitch on Shaq to get himself out of it, then proceeds to destroy the Laker franchise in the process.

Tiger: Gets props in golf, embraced by the black community but calls himself "caliblasion" or whatever that was, which was pretty much a fuck you to those who supported him. It's not like the white golfers accepted him, they were making fried chicken and watermelon jokes about him.

OJ: Ditched his black wife for his white trophy wife, forgets that he's black, kills his trophy wife and tries to run home, hires Johnny Cochran to play the race card, black community supports him, after all he's one of us right? Right....

That's why Nas dissed these fools. Them having white wives is immaterial, shit I've messed with white girls myself. It's their behavior that he along with other black folks find repulsive. That's why he called them out.

It has nothing to do with how they act specifically or being articulate or any of those kind of issues that others brought up. It has to do with their behavior period. If you watched the movie Bamboozled, the whole premise of the movie was the critique of the new millenium minstrel show, which is basically where black actors, entertainers or rappers debase themselves by playing upon fucked up stereotypes in order to sell records or to make it big in movies. We have this in hiphop, we have this in acting. A lot of black folks have a problem with this due to the fact that we as a people are judged by the worst among us, by the shucking and jiving negro that will appear on movies like Soul Plane, trying to get that extra buck from massa. That's what Nas is talking about here.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2004, 11:29:57 AM »
Shallow, all you have demonstrated here is that Nas didn't get his facts straight at times, whoopdy fuckin doo. You have failed to demonstrate however that he is racist. Why did he diss Kobe, OJ and Tiger? It's obvious but apparently yall don't see it, let me break it down for you.

Kobe: Gets in trouble in Colorado, then tried to snitch on Shaq to get himself out of it, then proceeds to destroy the Laker franchise in the process.

Tiger: Gets props in golf, embraced by the black community but calls himself "caliblasion" or whatever that was, which was pretty much a fuck you to those who supported him. It's not like the white golfers accepted him, they were making fried chicken and watermelon jokes about him.

OJ: Ditched his black wife for his white trophy wife, forgets that he's black, kills his trophy wife and tries to run home, hires Johnny Cochran to play the race card, black community supports him, after all he's one of us right? Right....

That's why Nas dissed these fools. Them having white wives is immaterial, shit I've messed with white girls myself. It's their behavior that he along with other black folks find repulsive. That's why he called them out.

It has nothing to do with how they act specifically or being articulate or any of those kind of issues that others brought up. It has to do with their behavior period. If you watched the movie Bamboozled, the whole premise of the movie was the critique of the new millenium minstrel show, which is basically where black actors, entertainers or rappers debase themselves by playing upon fucked up stereotypes in order to sell records or to make it big in movies. We have this in hiphop, we have this in acting. A lot of black folks have a problem with this due to the fact that we as a people are judged by the worst among us, by the shucking and jiving negro that will appear on movies like Soul Plane, trying to get that extra buck from massa. That's what Nas is talking about here.

I don't care much for Kobe, and O.J., but it has nothing to do with their color. Tiger Woods doesn't owe anyone shit. It was the foolish ignorant racist pride of the African Americans that caused them to embrace him. He just went out there to play golf. Not once did I ever see him try to capitloize on his "blackness", or claim to be something he wasn't. You can tell the guy is clearly of mixed race, why should he embrace one more than the other? Just because the ignorant racist whites see him the way they do, doesn't mean it's what he is to himself, and that's all that matters.

What about Cuba Gooding, what did he do? Why didn't Nas mention Bill Cosby? Nas is a fool, and has been for a while.

SGV

« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2004, 11:33:47 AM »
Shallow, just let it go. You're on the outside looking in. Juronimo is black, he feels what Nas is saying and understands it.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2004, 12:25:27 PM »
Shallow, just let it go. You're on the outside looking in. Juronimo is black, he feels what Nas is saying and understands it.

This has to do with right and wrong, not black and not black. I hate when people say if you're not black then you can't...... whatever. Nas tries to come off as this holier than thou type of person and he constanty contradicts it. If some KKK guy said the same thing I probably wouldn't think anything of it, because that guy would be seen as the idiot he is and there would be no reason for me say what had already been said by everyone else, but it isn't okay for a black person to show racism against blacks or accuse them of being less "black" than they should be.

i love men who take pictures with their booty's out

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You know you want me.
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2004, 12:33:07 PM »

nas aint mention bill kuz bill.. is already speakin out on the shit we do..and he is already catchin heat for finally jus comin out and sayin what needed to be said..thanx 2 wanda syke's

and alll the shit nas said.. it aint like none of the people he dissed will lose anysleep

"It aint nuthin but muuuuuuuuuuuuusic" -"outlaw" 2pac

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2004, 04:07:14 PM »

This has to do with right and wrong, not black and not black. I hate when people say if you're not black then you can't...... whatever. Nas tries to come off as this holier than thou type of person and he constanty contradicts it. If some KKK guy said the same thing I probably wouldn't think anything of it, because that guy would be seen as the idiot he is and there would be no reason for me say what had already been said by everyone else, but it isn't okay for a black person to show racism against blacks or accuse them of being less "black" than they should be.

The funny thing is that white people really have an issue with blacks talking about the black community, because it's one thing they cannot control. Black will not have any of this talking about black issues. Now if Eminem talks about white America, his an artist genious, his stating his opinion, but if Nas is talking about the state of black people, you get pissed because it's not your place to say shit, but Nas can. You are saying his racist, for dissing black people for doing stupit shit. It's a black community issue, and you get mad because you can't understand it has nothing to so with black and white, or right or wrong. What this has to do with is self image, it has to do with self hate of your race, and many other issues. I can give examples in the Latin community, because that's what I know, and speaking to many black people, they have the same issues. Like when a child is born, it's better to be lighter, because lighter is considered more attractive. In music videos, it's the lighter girls because that's see as beautiful. In Latin communities, if a woman is attractive enough, she will more than likely marry a white man, because that's considered a step up in class status. Black women though are not liked by white men, except white men that want to be black. When a Latin man gets an education, he goes for white women because they are a sign that they have made it, they can be accepted by white America. I've heard the same with black. In our communities, many women are left by the men that are still in the community, because our good men leave and marry white women (more of a myth, since that's our women's excuse to why there is no good Latin men) My mom was not a racist, but before she died she said it very clearly she does not want me to marry a white woman. It's an issue that deals with us, and our self hate of our race, not the white race. You guys just happen to be who we try to be like. The issue is even deeper than that. That's all just a quick type out. You can't even begin to understand it, so please don't try.

BuddenzNasir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2004, 04:11:47 PM »
this is fucking sad, trying to get on Nas and prove hes racist, or retarded and doesnt have his opinions straight. people just done get it. this topic is pointless now, no ones opinions r gunna change it seems....its just music. its his opinion...dont like...dont fuckin listen to and get over it...its on the CD, its in America...ur fucked.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2004, 04:26:25 PM »

The funny thing is that white people really have an issue with blacks talking about the black community, because it's one thing they cannot control. Black will not have any of this talking about black issues. Now if Eminem talks about white America, his an artist genious, his stating his opinion, but if Nas is talking about the state of black people, you get pissed because it's not your place to say shit, but Nas can. You are saying his racist, for dissing black people for doing stupit shit. It's a black community issue, and you get mad because you can't understand it has nothing to so with black and white, or right or wrong. What this has to do with is self image, it has to do with self hate of your race, and many other issues. I can give examples in the Latin community, because that's what I know, and speaking to many black people, they have the same issues. Like when a child is born, it's better to be lighter, because lighter is considered more attractive. In music videos, it's the lighter girls because that's see as beautiful. In Latin communities, if a woman is attractive enough, she will more than likely marry a white man, because that's considered a step up in class status. Black women though are not liked by white men, except white men that want to be black. When a Latin man gets an education, he goes for white women because they are a sign that they have made it, they can be accepted by white America. I've heard the same with black. In our communities, many women are left by the men that are still in the community, because our good men leave and marry white women (more of a myth, since that's our women's excuse to why there is no good Latin men) My mom was not a racist, but before she died she said it very clearly she does not want me to marry a white woman. It's an issue that deals with us, and our self hate of our race, not the white race. You guys just happen to be who we try to be like. The issue is even deeper than that. That's all just a quick type out. You can't even begin to understand it, so please don't try.

Some of this may apply to some white people, but not me.

1) You shouldn't generalize. You can't prove that every white man that goes with a black women is trying to be black. I never cared what race a woman is. If I'm attracted to her I just am.

2) I don't care what Eminem says because Eminem publicly states he's full of shit, and I don't now nor ever see him as someone that should be setting an example. Nas is an advocate on setting examples, and constantly criticizes those who put down women and such. (even though he does the same). Besides there is a difference between "White America" and "Coon Picnic". Eminem is just retelling the tale of his success the way he sees it. It's safe to assume that if he were a black rapper that less white kids would look up to him and buy his album. History has shown that people favor their own in. He probably is right. Em isn't dissing anybody for being white in the song. If he called all whites stupid and evil, like that "Hip Hop is Dead" guy does then I would disagree. I wouldn't feel to strongly on arguing because Em is an idiot and normally says stupid shit. He never claims to be holy. Nas claims to be Jesus, I expect more from Nas. Not because he's black, but because he assumes the righteous role. If Bill Cosby said all whites are evil and ruin everything I'd be disappointed in his ignorance and publicly disagree. I'd call him stupid and a moron, much like I am Nas. The same goes if Mel Gibson called blacks inferior. I mean if a guy makes 200 million cash on a movie promoting his love for Jesus and then contradicts everything Jesus would have said or done, then I'd get upset and disappointed.

It has nothing to do with color. It has to with right and wrong. Yeah maybe we do live in a time where black men who go with white women are seen as sell outs by their black community, but Billy Corgan of Smashing Pumpkins fame, once said "the best artists are those that stand above the times, not with the times". If Nas wants to express the generally feeling of the black community that's fine, but he doesn't have to point the finger and make it seem like these men are doing something evil.