Author Topic: Nas Sparks Controversy w/ 'Coon Picnic' Song  (Read 1728 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Nas Sparks Controversy w/ 'Coon Picnic' Song
« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2004, 11:44:02 AM »
Just drop it for christ sake.
Thank you! These guys are mad cuz Nas can make derogatory comments towards Blacks and they can't.

The more and more this thread goes on, the more it seems like that.

Nas would never diss Blacks for hanging with Latinos because we go through the same struggle. Sorry...

That's beyond the point. With that comment you admit that you actually would see it as a diss to your culture and race and people, therefore you should apologize for accusing me of being mad cause I can't diss blacks like Nas can. End of story.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

i love men who take pictures with their booty's out

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You know you want me.
« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2004, 12:16:48 PM »

i can only dream on what woulda been said ..if he woulda jus made "cracka picnic"

lol

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2004, 12:22:50 PM »

i can only dream on what woulda been said ..if he woulda jus made "cracka picnic"

lol

I probably would have laughed it off, because it would have beeen universally accepted as racist. The way it is now, it isn't seen as racist because he is black. If a white guy recorded the exact same song or said the exact same thoughts on TV, none of the guys defending Nas on this forum would be defending the white guy that said the same thing.

And since everyone else would have blasted the white guy, I wouldn't have anything to say that wasn't already said. I wouldn't care about Nas bashing whites because I would see it as pure ignorance. What he says now I think he believes is good for blacks, or some shit like that.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2004, 12:25:38 PM by Shallow »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2004, 12:34:43 PM »

lol

I probably would have laughed it off, because it would have beeen universally accepted as racist. The way it is now, it isn't seen as racist because he is black. If a white guy recorded the exact same song or said the exact same thoughts on TV, none of the guys defending Nas on this forum would be defending the white guy that said the same thing.

And since everyone else would have blasted the white guy, I wouldn't have anything to say that wasn't already said. I wouldn't care about Nas bashing whites because I would see it as pure ignorance. What he says now I think he believes is good for blacks, or some shit like that.

Ya.. I wouldnt even bother to call Lench Mob racist, cause everyone knows that they are.
What's more dangerous and off-pissing to me are Rappers like Ras Kass with songs like Nature of the Threat, who have truly racist sentiments and are considered smart and depicted as good lyricists with knowledge. That's a true problem when people respect songs like this one, and/or even think that he's spitting accurate, true facts.
No, it's not a sin

Sikotic™

« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2004, 12:39:38 PM »
Just don't listen to it. It will save you all a lot of trouble.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

SGV

« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2004, 03:21:06 PM »

That's beyond the point. With that comment you admit that you actually would see it as a diss to your culture and race and people, therefore you should apologize for accusing me of being mad cause I can't diss blacks like Nas can. End of story.
No. It's not beyond the point. The fact is, Latinos and Blacks are virtually one in the same, so it's not realistic. Sorry. You're mad you can't say what you want about Blacks, why Nas, a Black man, can. Live with it.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #81 on: December 09, 2004, 03:44:45 PM »

No. It's not beyond the point. The fact is, Latinos and Blacks are virtually one in the same, so it's not realistic. Sorry. You're mad you can't say what you want about Blacks, why Nas, a Black man, can. Live with it.

Aren't latinos direct descendants of the people that first started bringing over black slaves?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #82 on: December 09, 2004, 04:01:00 PM »

Aren't latinos direct descendants of the people that first started bringing over black slaves?

actually latinos are brown people, descendants of the people who got their land jacked by Europeans. If you turn on Spanish tv, it's all white not as a reflection that white people live in Mexico or Central or South America, because that's not true, it's a reflection that white people rule basically all of Latin America, and the brown people that come to the US are often the brown people that can't get a job or make any money to support their families in Latin America. In the end, it's the same struggle against a common person that always seems to be on top.

But on the real, this thread needs to be locked, because no one seems to understand where the black/brown opinion is in all this. This thread is basically angry white men, mad at comments Nas made that were intented to be controversal. That song was made for this reason, and they feel right into it, I tried to explain it all in a very nice way, actually using what I know as a minority, and expressing it with my college education. I even took my time to spell words right. And it's still the same. This proves you can't explain the minority point of view to white people, because it's too hard for them to think of life in any other way than from their own view. Where as a minority can think in both sides, because we live as minorities, but it's a white man's world, and we have to learn to live in a white man's world and be successful. This topic should not continue, because it's getting no where because it's impossible to explain to people that can't understand. It's like speaking Japanese to a man that's lived in a small village in Mexico his whole life and knows nothing but Spanish. This topic should not continue any further.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #83 on: December 09, 2004, 04:08:51 PM »
Shallow, all you have demonstrated here is that Nas didn't get his facts straight at times, whoopdy fuckin doo. You have failed to demonstrate however that he is racist. Why did he diss Kobe, OJ and Tiger? It's obvious but apparently yall don't see it, let me break it down for you.

Kobe: Gets in trouble in Colorado, then tried to snitch on Shaq to get himself out of it, then proceeds to destroy the Laker franchise in the process.

Tiger: Gets props in golf, embraced by the black community but calls himself "caliblasion" or whatever that was, which was pretty much a fuck you to those who supported him. It's not like the white golfers accepted him, they were making fried chicken and watermelon jokes about him.

OJ: Ditched his black wife for his white trophy wife, forgets that he's black, kills his trophy wife and tries to run home, hires Johnny Cochran to play the race card, black community supports him, after all he's one of us right? Right....

That's why Nas dissed these fools. Them having white wives is immaterial, shit I've messed with white girls myself. It's their behavior that he along with other black folks find repulsive. That's why he called them out.

It has nothing to do with how they act specifically or being articulate or any of those kind of issues that others brought up. It has to do with their behavior period. If you watched the movie Bamboozled, the whole premise of the movie was the critique of the new millenium minstrel show, which is basically where black actors, entertainers or rappers debase themselves by playing upon fucked up stereotypes in order to sell records or to make it big in movies. We have this in hiphop, we have this in acting. A lot of black folks have a problem with this due to the fact that we as a people are judged by the worst among us, by the shucking and jiving negro that will appear on movies like Soul Plane, trying to get that extra buck from massa. That's what Nas is talking about here.

Word!  Word is Bond!   Excellent explanation, case closed. 
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #84 on: December 09, 2004, 04:32:48 PM »

actually latinos are brown people, descendants of the people who got their land jacked by Europeans. If you turn on Spanish tv, it's all white not as a reflection that white people live in Mexico or Central or South America, because that's not true, it's a reflection that white people rule basically all of Latin America, and the brown people that come to the US are often the brown people that can't get a job or make any money to support their families in Latin America. In the end, it's the same struggle against a common person that always seems to be on top.

But on the real, this thread needs to be locked, because no one seems to understand where the black/brown opinion is in all this. This thread is basically angry white men, mad at comments Nas made that were intented to be controversal. That song was made for this reason, and they feel right into it, I tried to explain it all in a very nice way, actually using what I know as a minority, and expressing it with my college education. I even took my time to spell words right. And it's still the same. This proves you can't explain the minority point of view to white people, because it's too hard for them to think of life in any other way than from their own view. Where as a minority can think in both sides, because we live as minorities, but it's a white man's world, and we have to learn to live in a white man's world and be successful. This topic should not continue, because it's getting no where because it's impossible to explain to people that can't understand. It's like speaking Japanese to a man that's lived in a small village in Mexico his whole life and knows nothing but Spanish. This topic should not continue any further.

Did you read my post prior to this one? The one where I break down my ancestory.

And Latinos are not full mayan of aztec. They are just as much spanish. Spain was conquered by Muslim for centuries. Many parts of Spain has brown people as well.

I am not an angry white guy getting mad at Nas because of this song or because he's black. If Eminem came out and did a song about how all whites feel guilty about their role in slavery and try to be black to feel better, then I'd stand against that as well.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #85 on: December 09, 2004, 10:56:58 PM »
Let me think, there are whole different country of people, I mean, millions of millions of millions of people. In Latin American, Brazil is bigger than the main part of the U.S. homie, and it was fulled with natives, Mexico, Central America, Peru, Chile, all these different countries. And there was only a few countries in Europe that took over, in fact in Latin America, two, Spain, and Portigual. Spain does not, did not and will never have enough people to dilute the blood of all the Americas. Have you ever been to Latin America. What you have is a bunch of poor brown people, I mean many many brown people. And yes, just like blacks here, they have some white because like blacks, they're great great grandma's were raped, married off at young ages, or just down right taken from their families. Also is Latin America, there are more black people than in the U.S. In Brazil, they had more slaves in Brazil that the United States by the millions. Many African slaves mixed with the natives, in fact more than the whites. Why you think many baseball players from Latin America look black. To say we didn't come from a struggle is one of the most retarted statements ever. But I understand you are not educated to Latin struggle, to black struggle. You still see things in your eyes, and how it should be. And you use a very classic way of getting the minorities off your back, and that's to tell each minority their problems with each other, and why they should hate each other. It's a classic move that white pull all the time. You may not know it, but I guess since I'm a minority, i have seen it many times. Try again.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #86 on: December 10, 2004, 05:21:44 AM »

It's not about realistic or not headnut. I just want to explain to you why Nas is a dick to me, which I did. If he disses blacks for acting white basically, I see it as a diss to my people as well. Like you would too, no matter how realistic Nas dissing blacks for acting latino is. Which makes your accusation wrong and my explanation valid and understandable.
No, it's not a sin

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #87 on: December 10, 2004, 06:46:23 AM »
he didn't diss them for acting white. in fact, he gave props to blacks that are educated though out his whole career. It's marrying white, which is something that's roots are too deep. It's a whole image and self hate issue more than it's just marriage. I know it's hard coming from Germany to hear about America's racial problems, especially when we like to sell we have non, and use people like Collin Powell and Candi Rice as examples that our problems don't exsit. But the fact is they do.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #88 on: December 10, 2004, 07:53:35 AM »
Let me think, there are whole different country of people, I mean, millions of millions of millions of people. In Latin American, Brazil is bigger than the main part of the U.S. homie, and it was fulled with natives, Mexico, Central America, Peru, Chile, all these different countries. And there was only a few countries in Europe that took over, in fact in Latin America, two, Spain, and Portigual. Spain does not, did not and will never have enough people to dilute the blood of all the Americas. Have you ever been to Latin America. What you have is a bunch of poor brown people, I mean many many brown people. And yes, just like blacks here, they have some white because like blacks, they're great great grandma's were raped, married off at young ages, or just down right taken from their families. Also is Latin America, there are more black people than in the U.S. In Brazil, they had more slaves in Brazil that the United States by the millions. Many African slaves mixed with the natives, in fact more than the whites. Why you think many baseball players from Latin America look black. To say we didn't come from a struggle is one of the most retarted statements ever. But I understand you are not educated to Latin struggle, to black struggle. You still see things in your eyes, and how it should be. And you use a very classic way of getting the minorities off your back, and that's to tell each minority their problems with each other, and why they should hate each other. It's a classic move that white pull all the time. You may not know it, but I guess since I'm a minority, i have seen it many times. Try again.

I was referring more to Mexico rather than South America, and like I said in my prior post, if you read it, Greece had just as much struggle as any Latino country and for a much longer time.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #89 on: December 10, 2004, 04:20:10 PM »
Greeks, Jews, Irish, Italians, they all have struggled, and get along great with minority communities. But this is not about what you are thinking. As I've stated, over and over and over and over again, it's self image and self hate. How darker people view themselves, and how we hate what we see. We see a society that tells us white skin, blue eyes and blond hair is hot. There are very few black models, and just a little bit more latina models than black. Our societies image of what's beautiful is Britney Spears, Jessica Simpson and if they are a different race, then they have to be light like a Christina Aguilera. That's the issue, the issue of our men going to different races because that's what they are told is beauty, not a beautiful black woman or latina, but a blond hair, blue eyed woman. Also, since it's taboo, white women go for darker men. And our women are left being the worst objectified women in the country by their own men, as our men run credit cards up there ass, or spank them with stop signs. Our women are not shown as beautiful, but as slutty, trashy. In order to be a beautiful latina, or black, you have to show skin, shake your ass, have a big ass that you are willing to hang out. It's not ok to just wear a beautiful dress to an award show, our women have to slut themselves. That's the issue, I can write more, and I mean a lot more, as this is just part of the issue. Yes, Greeks, Irish, Italians, Jews, they've struggled, but the interracial dating thing is not just about struggle, it's self image and self hate, and how we hate ourselves because we can't be white.

And for your comment on Mexico, go to Mexico, very few rich white people, millions of poor brown people. And yes, there was some intermixing, that's because we have the same issue, if a woman can be pretty enough, she'll get a white man, if a man makes it, he gets a white woman. In latin culture, more so that black culture, we thrive to be white. Because white's are higher class, they have more money, they are seen as more attractive, we don't care about our struggle, because we don't know we are in one. We are in a struggle trying to be white, because we hate ourself. We hate having dark skin because it means we are poor, we hate that we aren't from Europe, because it mean we came from savages, we hate our dark hair, our dark eyes and anything else that's part of us, because it makes it harder to fit a European image. You don't understand it, because you can't. You never grew up with girls that will turn you down, and straight up say, because you are too dark. I'm talking about my own Mexicans. I am talking about more than once. It makes you want to have lighter skin, because if you had lighter skin, you can date the girls you want. And our girls are raised to find white men, our men are raised that lighter girls are better. We are in a struggle to be light. We can't understand what it's like to be raised in a culture that hate's it's own self. You'll never understand it.