Author Topic: Hip-hop is fucked up right now....................  (Read 561 times)

DJ_Jay_Deee

Re: Hip-hop is fucked up right now................
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2002, 03:07:52 AM »
Don't forget there are heaps of underground artists still dropping dope albums, songs etc.
Dont just look at Mainstream rap. There are heaps of cats still dropping dope shit. You just need to find them. Thats the fucked up thing, record companys won't sign people who don't make enough money. Plus what makes it worse is the only people selling/making money are Ja Rule, Nelly,  etc. Like you said their music is getting repitive, not creative enough etc. I don't care if thats the music you like. But we need to be able to hear a whole range of hip hop, not just rappers that sell heaps of records. There are heaps of underground cats doing their thing, but most people don't like them or they don't get a record a label. So they get fucked around. And not heard by the hip hop audience that wanst to hear them.
So i guess you could say rap is in a fucked up point in time.

HairWuzEre

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Timbaland
...poor Percee P...
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2002, 10:33:35 PM »
Don't forget there are heaps of underground artists still dropping dope albums, songs etc.
Dont just look at Mainstream rap. There are heaps of cats still dropping dope shit. You just need to find them. Thats the fucked up thing, record companys won't sign people who don't make enough money...There are heaps of underground cats doing their thing, but most people don't like them or they don't get a record a label. So they get fucked around. And not heard by the hip hop audience that wanst to hear them.
That's true. I mean, just look at what happened to Percee P (one of the dopest lyricists ever)!!!

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Hip-hop is fucked up right now................
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2002, 02:44:27 AM »
The only things fucking up hip-hop are commerciality and too much poppy elements. All those Nelly & Ja Rule songs... I get shivers just thinking about that they call those hip-hop. It might sound like it, but it isn't.

Luckily artists are realizin' this now. Many are tryin' to cut down on the commercial appeal and do their own thing. Be it the streets, gangsta shit, soul searchin' or whatever.

"Must be a circus in town, let's shut this shit down on these clowns, can I get a witness?"

Although Eminem sells massive amounts of records and gets frequently time on MTV, he does realize the problem. There's pop appeal in him (I think he hates himself for that in a weird twisted way...), but he's just bein' Marshall now, doin his own thing. Haters ignore this and just look at record sales and say "He's pop."

That Ja Rule nigga... He pisses me off. He just sells this image that he's the next Pac instead of selling nuthin' an' just being the first Ja Rule. A prime example of an artist fucking up the game...

Just my 0,02 €...