Author Topic: Cold Fusion  (Read 598 times)

rafsta

Cold Fusion
« on: December 04, 2004, 01:59:56 PM »
first off gonna sa y waaaadup to all the peeps chekin this side of the forum, just discovered it, think its a damn good concept...

i dont know how many of you know anythin bout cold fusion, but once the phenomenon is explained it will change the world like nothing else, it is the next step to higher society, its the next revolutionary science that breaks rules of physics and once implemented the boudaries of this new technology arent even imaginable with our current knowledge of science, better yet this could be happenin in the next 30 years !!!

the change to the world that cold fusion will bring will be the same as harnessing fire, making the wheel, discovering electricity, radio, telephone and more recently the internet....

basically what it is is a nuclear reaction in cold conditions with hydrogen, what it could do is power a city loke london or paris off one glass of water for weeks !!!

the phenomenon does work, but it isnt proven how it works, with a small amount of input the output is far greater then ever imagined possible with our current knowledge of science. hot fusion has been studied (it is what happens in the sun) and millions have been invested trying to make it work, but hot fusion causes mass loads of radioactivity and will probably never be safe to use in domestic situations.

cold fusion emits no radioactivity, just heat, and an extreme amount of it, the phenomena arises because it isnt understood how a nuclear reaction doesnt cause radioactivity, but anyways if u want to know the nitty gritty look it up and youll get more valid explained info, im no scientist so i cant really speak on it thouroughly...

basically scientist are bummed so much has been put into the controversial hot fusion, they dont want to just switch to cold fusion, but the beauty of cold fusion is it doesnt need bulk funding, just a few dedicated scientists workin at it....

currently u.s.a has reopened its investigations into cold fusion so progress is beein made, italy is another country that has been cuttin sik on the down low...

the changes it would bring (the main ones), fossil fuel will not need to be used, the current problem of runnin our recources down the drain wouldnt be a problem, once domesticated power outlets would no longer exist, a house would have a power source that wouldnt run out of energy for thousads of years, batteries would be a thing of the past, all cables power lines etc.... space travel at high speeds etc at low costs also made easier, goin more extreme hovering cars, non moving engines in cars (jet style pressure shit wateva)...

at first there would be a fucked up job crisey happenin for electricity dudes, but eventually soon after many new jobs would arise for different development etc... ppl would have a higher standard of livin as no money would be spent on fuel, electricity theyd have other things to spend they cash on....

anywyas i found this shizz fuckin interestin, hope all you find this shit cool aswell...

PEACE !

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
Re: Cold Fusion
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2004, 03:20:01 PM »
the changes it would bring (the main ones), fossil fuel will not need to be used, the current problem of runnin our recources down the drain wouldnt be a problem, once domesticated power outlets would no longer exist, a house would have a power source that wouldnt run out of energy for thousads of years, batteries would be a thing of the past, all cables power lines etc.... space travel at high speeds etc at low costs also made easier, goin more extreme hovering cars, non moving engines in cars (jet style pressure shit wateva)...

very interesting stuff. It could really be a huge step forward if they actually make this cold fusion stuff. But this stuff^^^ is kinda questionable. what does this cold fusion stuff have to dow tih cover cars, cables, and batteries? i assume you're just making  a guess about that stuff
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

rafsta

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2004, 03:45:24 PM »

very interesting stuff. It could really be a huge step forward if they actually make this cold fusion stuff. But this stuff^^^ is kinda questionable. what does this cold fusion stuff have to dow tih cover cars, cables, and batteries? i assume you're just making  a guess about that stuff

naw homie the thing is with cold fusion it does work, its been done since early 1930's or even maybe a bit earlier, ill find out the scientist who discovered it for ya, other scientists were amazed he didnt die from radioactive poisoning, but there is no radioactivity...

to answer ure Q abouts cars n all, wat i was tryin to get at is it can be domesticated, a small device could be eventually develloped where it applies cold fusion at a small scale, so the lil device could be made so small it would replace cell phone batteries n all (they need fuck all energy to power anyway) so ure cell would never need to charge it would work for a lifetime !!! basically it would be a cold fusion battery... the problem with electric cars now is theier slowness and efficiency with plain electricity, the heat from cold fusion can be transformed into energy, so we could have fuckin powerful electric cars that you fill up with a bit of hydrogen once evry few years, hover cars n shit would be possible coz the energy needed to make the car hover would be easily attainable at a cost which pretty much resembles nothing... so back to the future hover boards n all could also be possible....

rafsta

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2004, 03:47:47 PM »
also it would be safe, there are no exploding things happening, its only heat !!!! so no more movies where guns shoot at cars and hit the tank and blow the fucker up !!
a negative side of it also cold fusion bombs could be made, but a plus with a cold fusion bomb would be it would be a 'clean' bomb, no radioactive fallout, just a powerful clean explosion....

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2004, 08:40:45 PM »
Yeah, definately interesting stuff.  Science is approaching some miraculous things that we will see come to pass in our lifetimes... our parents lifetimes have been incredibly exciting as well, going to the moon, etc. but I think the future holds even greater discoveries. 

rafsta

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2004, 05:49:51 AM »
Yeah, definately interesting stuff.  Science is approaching some miraculous things that we will see come to pass in our lifetimes... our parents lifetimes have been incredibly exciting as well, going to the moon, etc. but I think the future holds even greater discoveries. 

yeh man its exciting stuff how quick the world is changing...

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2004, 11:58:58 AM »

yeah its amazing the benefits the liberals share with greedy conservatives.  those darn liberal scientists.  always developing stuff that make life better, only so we can say fuck you when they disagree with our heavily partisan ideology. 

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2004, 08:07:56 PM »
Yeah its amazing the stuff that is being discovered. Using fossil fuels is starting to become a problem, and some other source of power needs to be implemented. Its only a matter of time.

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2004, 01:14:57 PM »
I have a feeling one or more of the great providers of fossil fuels might allready have plans in store for when the shit really hits the fan. Obviously they'll try to maintain their power and if possible, they'll build up a monopoly of this or that. Behind closed doors, all kinds of plans are ready to be put to use.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

rafsta

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2004, 01:18:01 PM »
I have a feeling one or more of the great providers of fossil fuels might allready have plans in store for when the shit really hits the fan. Obviously they'll try to maintain their power and if possible, they'll build up a monopoly of this or that. Behind closed doors, all kinds of plans are ready to be put to use.

one downfall is that the middle east will collapse, the need for fossil fuel will be abolished... and no there are no plans, because the providers of fossil fuels is their only form of income....

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2004, 02:19:25 PM »
^If so, they'd be pretty retarded. I mean,you don't do nothing when you have a business and know your only source of income is close to disappearing completely,especially when you have the money and technology to actually do something about it.

rafsta

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2004, 02:31:09 PM »
^If so, they'd be pretty retarded. I mean,you don't do nothing when you have a business and know your only source of income is close to disappearing completely,especially when you have the money and technology to actually do something about it.

i feel ya man thats a smart comment... try tellin that to big industrials that only see 10 years into their future... they dont give a shit coz they have income now, and they will have income for  their lifetime.... our oils n things are expected to last the next 40, 50 years, they cant think that far ahead when there are so many $$$ to be made now....

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2004, 04:07:47 PM »
They have such plans. They aren't stupid and they'll realise what a potential market they have once they are the first to bring an entirely new technology on the market that will be purchased by anyone. I even dare to put my money on a theory that they're all in a ratrace for it.

rafsta

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2004, 04:14:32 PM »
lets hope so... eventually it must happen ure right, the sooner the better for all of us...

Trauma-san

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2004, 09:25:40 PM »
Actually, they are pretty naieve about their future.  Look @ OPEC and how they keep raising prices on oil, no matter what the situation.  There is no oil shortage, these people are just hosing us on this shit.  In reality, they've been extremely greedy with oil, and there's no signs that they'll get wise now that we're (the united states more than anyone) researching alternative fuel sources... they'll continue to behave immature, and will eventually not have a market for their product.  When that happens, they'll sit on their laurels while their countries shrivel up like raisins with no viable source of income for their economy... and then everyone will blame it on the U.S., who pioneered whatever the next big fuel source will be.  It's always our fault.

On the other hand, if we didn't research alternative fuels, it would still be our fault that the prices would skyrocket, and they'd blame us for ruining the economy.