Author Topic: Admit it, Master P/No Limit was actually kind of dope back in the day  (Read 366 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Hip-hop is so comatose right now, I'm even getting nostalgic about the glory days of Master P and No Limit....

At the time I recognized it as a great decline in hip-hop, now I miss the 96-98 undisputed riegn of No Limit.  Ya'll remember when they basically took over hip-hop for about 2 years?  They featured the workman like production of Beats by the Pound, and at one time were droppin gold and platinum albums almost every tuesday of the month. 

If nothing else, you have to admire Master P.  Not only for his business acument and empire biulding skills, but for the fact that the Alexander the Great of Hip-hop has stayed true to no nonsense, no pre-tense hip-hop. 

Think back to 1996 after 2pac died.  And hip-hop began grow old in age, and started walking with a cane.  Think back to 1997 when hip-hop was running away from gangsta rap and ghetto sentimentality in favour of "futuristic" beats and ridiculous space-age garb, Master P and his No-Limit Soldiers almost single handidly brought back the medallions and garish jewellery of the old school and the metaphorical meat and patatoes of 2pac and his ilk.  (No Limit always came complete with the most blatant 2pac rips)

How many of ya'll remember that "I'm Bout It" movie, soundtrack and song?  That MADE No Limit!  That was No Limit at it's best!  Their first breakthrough platinum record was the TRU album which featured "I'm Bout It", and one of the biggest selling video's of 1997 (despite it's low budget) was the movie "I'm Bout It" (which was losely based on the death of their brother Kevin Miller, and the lives of Master P, Silk and the other Miller brothers).  The soundtrack had the hit "How Ya Do Dat Dere"... it was bangin, ya'll can't front, ya'll know if you was in to hip-hop at that time you were bumpin that song, along with melencholy track "If I Could Change".

Man... No Limit owned 1997 and 1998.  They held down the rap music industry.  They were an empire, indestructable, set to take over the music industry whole sale.  But ultimately, the story, the image, the media attention, was greater than the quality of their music, and eventually they played themselves out with Master P's "Only God Can Judge Me", struggling to even go gold.  Now, they are reduced to releasing a Lil' Romeo record every couple years, which proves that they are all but dead, at this point only God[/i] can save Master P.       
« Last Edit: December 05, 2004, 12:40:24 AM by Hip-Hop Is Dead »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sikotic™

Re: Admit it, Master P/No Limit was actually kind of dope back in the day
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2004, 12:19:50 AM »
I never felt No Limit with the exception of P's first album and a few Silk tracks. That's it.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2004, 12:39:49 AM »
that tru 2 da game double cd and kane and ables debut and c murders first album are still dope....

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2004, 03:19:36 AM »
i never really felt anything they dropped...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2004, 03:36:09 AM »
glory days of Master P and No Limit....       
lol

still lol

i love men who take pictures with their booty's out

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You know you want me.
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2004, 03:47:38 AM »

i aint gone lie... i had a shelf that look like a pack of sour skittles..kuz of all those colored ass cases..

i had everything that dropped

they did what they had to do to take the bullshit wit the west n east out of folks minds..they made good music..p knew what he was doin..he came at the right time..it wasnt the livest music but shit ..wasnt no beef goin on neither...

they did what they had to do...cant hate any of it...

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2004, 05:23:21 AM »
no limit is not hip hop

BigBDrugStores

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2004, 08:26:20 AM »
lol fuck outta here

right after ghetto d dropped, no limit was finished, besides mac

their time of good material was 92 TO 98

ice cream man, life or death, the shocker, whos da killer, understanding the criminal mind, tru, tru 2 da game, westcoast bad boyz vol 1 and 2, 99 ways to die, down south hustlers(the real first double album released in hiphop), unpredictable etc

stop frontin like you know what you're talkin about 8)
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

SGV

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2004, 08:33:41 AM »
no limit is not hip hop
LOL. How are they not Hip Hop?

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2004, 08:37:16 AM »
cause they suck

SGV

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2004, 08:43:57 AM »
Hardly a reason for the NOT being Hip Hop.

Ghetto D is just as Hip Hop as The Slim Shady LP.

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2004, 09:56:12 AM »
most of the no limit p shit is a lot better than some of the garbage being released today...i got quite a few classic nl albums

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2004, 10:00:16 AM »
but on some real shit, they do suck. thats why they lost the priority deal, the universal deal, and thats why they on koch now

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2004, 10:32:00 AM »
lol fuck outta here

right after ghetto d dropped, no limit was finished, besides mac

their time of good material was 92 TO 98

ice cream man, life or death, the shocker, whos da killer, understanding the criminal mind, tru, tru 2 da game, westcoast bad boyz vol 1 and 2, 99 ways to die, down south hustlers(the real first double album released in hiphop), unpredictable etc

stop frontin like you know what you're talkin about 8)

You only undermined your own efforts to prove that you are the ultimate No Limit fan.  You wanted to prove that you were #1 on No Limit's fan club by saying you were a fan of them as far back as 92, yet those albums you listed didn't start dropping till 1994, infact "West Coast Bad Boyz" was No Limits first release and it didn't come out until 1994. 

I was simply stating the impact they had on hip-hop music, and how they were able to control the charts for a good two years in 97' and 98', I'm not denying that some of their best stuff came out a couple years ahead of their mainstream success.

But hey, if you want to be considered as the #1 No Limit fan, you can have that title, I was just reminiscing for nostalgia puposes.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)