Author Topic: So how come Tash never became a star....  (Read 337 times)

caTASHtrophe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
So how come Tash never became a star....
« on: September 14, 2002, 03:41:20 AM »
He is an amazing rapper and has the tightest flow imo.

He has STAR written all over him and after "Raplife" was released with Reakwon. I thought thats it he is gonna be SO big...

I honestly believed he was more marketable to become a star more than Xzibit was and probably more than most west coast artists who have come out over the past 5 years.

But nothing happened?

U think he will ever break into mainstream?

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Zero4eva

Re: So how come Tash never became a star....
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2002, 05:51:42 AM »
he hooked up with the wrong people (you cannot promote an Alkaholik), boring beats. His flow is strong, he's charismatic - maybe too charismatic for mainstream. I don't think he will ever blop up, he reminds me of Freddie Foxxx.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2002, 06:41:46 AM »

Beacuse he ain't on "AFTERMATH"..... :-/
Sad to say but true.
And having Em on your record won't hurt sales any, plus the hype around Dre.
ImO.

OnE
Hatesrats 2oo2

J.Roller

• 'G'
  • STR8 WESTCOASTIN
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2002, 07:26:00 AM »
I like TASH way more than X to the P(ussy)..His flows are sick and Tash life is a classic album. I really dont think its beats that hes missing, its just that if your not kicking it with a big time cat like DRE then your not going to get the recognition. Its sad, but imo its true. I dont think the rest of the liks wont ever get the props that they deserve. Look at raskass, hes been in the game forever, and hes only had 1 video. I dont think videos and glamour make the artists, but its what all the execs want to push a potential star. As Dre would say, he needs a proper "Piggie Back" album. lol
L  E  E  A  N  N     T  W  E  E  D  E  N

Jome

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2002, 02:37:28 PM »

Beacuse he ain't on "AFTERMATH"..... :-/
Sad to say but true.
And having Em on your record won't hurt sales any, plus the hype around Dre.
ImO.

OnE
Hatesrats 2oo2

You don't have to be on Aftermath to blow up.

* I agree that Tash has at least as much "star potential" as Xzibit, but I don't think Tash has the same will power
* He never really had a big hit, which is crucial to become a star
* He doesn't roll with any big dogs, e.g. Snoop, Dre, Eminem.
E Swift & J.Ro isn't exactly the biggest names on the paper
* Tash seems happy as long as he can pop his bottle of X.O.
* He might have the 2nd tightest flow in the game behind Method Man, but his subject matters isn't exactly top notch.
Bragging about how much he can drink, and "battle cliches" isn't the biggest repetoir.
* Too drunk to record the breakthrough album ??

Jome

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2002, 02:48:53 PM »
I like TASH way more than X to the P(ussy)..His flows are sick and Tash life is a classic album. I really dont think its beats that hes missing, its just that if your not kicking it with a big time cat like DRE then your not going to get the recognition. Its sad, but imo its true. I dont think the rest of the liks wont ever get the props that they deserve. Look at raskass, hes been in the game forever, and hes only had 1 video. I dont think videos and glamour make the artists, but its what all the execs want to push a potential star. As Dre would say, he needs a proper "Piggie Back" album. lol

But then again, Ras isn't in the Liks neither!
Besides, how can Ras Kass breakthrough when he haven't tried it yet?
the single "Back it up" was a awful attempt at selling records,

it's obvious why Priority didn't want to release the album.....
The hiphop-fans might have loved it, but what does that help when the record only would have sold 50.000 ??

S.G.V.

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2002, 09:54:07 PM »
Tash has the lyrics...the beats on that album were hot i thought....he hooked up with Rae, Outkast, Cypress, Kurupt...thats a good line up...but hes west coast...he loses points automatically....loud didnt push his album enough....rap life had a good rotation but it couldve been stronger...gz iz gz had potential but sadly it was too west coast....i give a fuck if tash becomes a star or not....hes an underground legend in my book....