Author Topic: Fathers For Justice Protest In Liverpool...  (Read 122 times)

bez

Fathers For Justice Protest In Liverpool...
« on: December 07, 2004, 01:10:27 PM »
FATHERS 4 Justice campaigners wearing Santa Claus outfits and scaling the heights to make their protest are not an unfamiliar sight in Liverpool.

Last year a group of them who clambered on to a walkway in The Strand brought traffic to a standstill and caused chaos around the Pier Head and city centre for hours.

Yesterday, three more Santas - with an imitation reindeer and two other men dressed as Batman and Robin - went even farther up in the world by scaling the heights of Liverpool's 450ft Radio City tower after they had gained entry to the building by posing as . . . window cleaners.

The men, who intend to remain "on high" for a week,, said they are not being allowed to see their children at Chirstmas, but they were particularly objecting to the speed with which Home Secretary David Blunkett gained a High Court hearing in the custody battle over his son.

However, their effort soon ran into a bizarre complication when they were warned they could be in danger of radiation from the broadcasting equipment.

It meant that they will not be able to remain on the rooftop outside the pinnacle for more than two hours at a time.

The protest started at 7am when the men buzzed the intercom at Radio City reception and it was assumed from their climbing gear that they were the legitimate window cleaning contractors.

One of them, Rory Wilmer, from Ormskirk, said: "We were given a key which is kept at the front desk and we went up and locked ourselves in.

"I think they will probably be changing their security procedures after this!

"We were told by Radio City engineers that we shouldn't be near all the broadcasting equipment up here for more than two hours at a time, so we have taken that advice."

It is believed that the security breach was allowed to happen because window cleaners had been expected for the last three months.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Fathers For Justice Protest In Liverpool...
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004, 01:13:18 PM »
Fathers for Justice seems to be a really big thing in England.. I remember another crazy article posted concerning one of them a while ago.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004, 05:57:13 PM »
Where can i donate money to this group?
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2004, 10:18:44 PM »
I feel for them, but it's hard for me to get involved one way or the other when the cause is something I don't know anything about.  I'm not a father, and I don't know what the court system is like in cases like this, so it would be arrogant of me to come down on either side of their cause.  I feel for them not being able to see their children @ christmas though, I wish it didn't have to be like that.