Author Topic: white privilege  (Read 248 times)

Don Seer

Re: white privilege
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2004, 06:52:09 AM »
ohh but that doesn't mean racism doesnt exist.. but we have had a more varied cultural mix than a lot of places for several generations now.

that doesnt mean there arent racists here either.. there are.. but the issues is pointed more at immigration that at skin colour lately (but the lowest common denominator cant tell the difference)

what IS happening here that people dont like is reverse racism.

many larger cities now have areas where minority communities are creating and employing, and buying up houses in specific areas for only their race and driving out residents who may have lived in that area for generations..  i see this as "taking over" areas instead of integrating. kind of like reverse gentrification.

the immigration issue is more about people not stopping at the first 'safe' country they can and coming all the way here because they think we're richer/nicer.

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2004, 06:56:50 AM »
ohh but that doesn't mean racism doesnt exist.. but we have had a more varied cultural mix than a lot of places for several generations now.

that doesnt mean there arent racists here either.. there are.. but the issues is pointed more at immigration that at skin colour lately (but the lowest common denominator cant tell the difference)

what IS happening here that people dont like is reverse racism.

many larger cities now have areas where minority communities are creating and employing, and buying up houses in specific areas for only their race and driving out residents who may have lived in that area for generations..  i see this as "taking over" areas instead of integrating. kind of like reverse gentrification.

the immigration issue is more about people not stopping at the first 'safe' country they can and coming all the way here because they think we're richer/nicer.

Could you explain how they're "driving" out the residents? I'm not arguing, just asking.

Sometimes immigrants don't stop at the first safe country because they want to go to a place where they either have family, or where a substantial population of their ethnicity lives... This isn't true for that whole group of people who don't stop at the first safe country, but it could be a reason for some of them.

Don Seer

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2004, 07:01:31 AM »
the driving out thing is basically the harrassment of the "different" people in the area.. this goes on regardless... even in fully white areas some people end up as targets... a small white population in an asian area will be targetted by asian youths just like how a small asian population in a white area is in some cases.

the immigration thing is a big problem here because where some countries have a hard line on it.. we dont.. we're seen as a soft touch.. they know if they get here they'll be hpused + fed (securely though) until their fate is decided. in other countries they're taken to the border

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2004, 07:04:59 AM »
I see what you mean. Is that a common problem in the UK?

Don Seer

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2004, 07:06:45 AM »
In larger cities yeah. we dont have a large asian community down here.. and luckily we're the other end of the country from Dover which is the normal port of entry for immigrants who hide in lorries from France.

dexter

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2004, 10:27:48 AM »
thats interesting

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2004, 01:09:08 PM »
Why can't we get affirmative action in basketball and other sports?

I'm not really trying to be funny there.  Anyone who agrees with affirmative action has to look at the question above.  What is the answer?  If we tried to enstate a certain number of white guys per team, it probably wouldn't be as good and completetive.  Only the best play on those professional teams, and they happen to be BLACK.

Same with a job.  An employer is hiring 5 people.  What if a 100 white people apply for a job 1 black person does?  What if each of those 101 individuals were given tests, and let's just say for instance that all the white people scored 90% and the black guy scored 15%.  According to affirmative action, this employer MUST hire a black person, so he hires the top 4 white guys who scored 90, and the black guy who scored 15.  Is that fair to the fifth white guy who also scored 90?

^^^^I'm just using that as an example, so I don't want people saying that I think a black person is inferior or will always be inferior when it comes to applying for a job.  That is just an example of why I think affirmative action is bullshit.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2004, 01:14:57 PM »
is this about kipling's "white man's burden", cuase thats some racist bullshit, and untrue

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2004, 08:39:48 AM »
the driving out thing is basically the harrassment of the "different" people in the area.. this goes on regardless... even in fully white areas some people end up as targets... a small white population in an asian area will be targetted by asian youths just like how a small asian population in a white area is in some cases.

\

That is a good example of Asian privilege. Unfortunately in the US, black privilege and latino privilege are out of control....that is, the idea that society owes them something because of the color of their skin.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2004, 09:17:08 AM »
White priviliege, hmm I live in a trailor park full of crackheads, i make $9.00 an hour. I go to a college that I pay for myself therefore i am dead broke. I had to sell my car to go to college so I don't have a car. I get pulled over all the time for going 30 in a 25 when im just going the same speed as traffic. Just because I drive a bucket I don't see myself having a car for many years to come because outta the 600 i make a MONTH i spend 430 of it on school. THATS white privilige for ya. 

Miss NWA Whoorider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Suge Knight workson the streets as my HO
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2004, 10:12:46 AM »
I got mixed kids,they get a little older I will show yall a pic of my kids

and they get treated funny,my one son has an afro..........he is hated by everyone in the family.......my other son has dark blondeish brown curls and he has green eyes,they love him cuz he looks white

my girls are twins,it is obvious they got mexican in them,shit people ask me can they speak english I am like hell yeah.........

but my kids don't like how society treats them,they hate it and will straight out say cracka and nigga and people don't do shit

they are scared that racism will be called on them if my kids are said something too

man I love my kids but watching them trying to blend in with the white kids is killing me
don't quote mre boy I ain't said shit "yet"

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2004, 10:53:24 AM »
White priviliege, hmm I live in a trailor park full of crackheads, i make $9.00 an hour. I go to a college that I pay for myself therefore i am dead broke. I had to sell my car to go to college so I don't have a car. I get pulled over all the time for going 30 in a 25 when im just going the same speed as traffic. Just because I drive a bucket I don't see myself having a car for many years to come because outta the 600 i make a MONTH i spend 430 of it on school. THATS white privilige for ya. 

You have to understand people like Lost Angel though. They are conditioned since they are very young with the whole victim mentality, and they really don't know any better. It makes them feel better about themselves if they blame on their problems on white people. It really is very racist on his part.