Author Topic: Those Wacky Telemarketers  (Read 73 times)

mrtonguetwista

Those Wacky Telemarketers
« on: December 08, 2004, 06:01:08 PM »
A local woman received a threatening letter in the mail from a telemarketer in Texas, Local 4 reported.

Jill Beyer, of Waterford Township, said she received the letter about one week after she refused to donate money in a recent call from a telemarketer.

"He wanted a donation for the veterans' association, which the veterans don't get that much of that money. That's why I wouldn't donate to him," Beyer said.

Beyer (pictured, left) said the man refused to take no for an answer so she hung up the phone.

"I slammed the phone very hard," Beyer said.

The letter arrived postmarked from El Paso, Texas. The first line read, "Before you are rude to another telemarketer, you should keep in mind that he or she has your phone number and your address."

"It makes me nervous. Obviously he's not playing with a full deck and even my kids are nervous," Beyer said.

El Paso police are reportedly taking the threat seriously and are searching for the person who sent the letter.

Here's the letter..haha

Jill Beyer,

Before you are rude to another telemarketer, you should keep in mind that he or she has your phone number and your address.

Many of them live in your own state and most don't give a (expletive)!

So, Ms. Beyer, the next time a telemarketer calls and you don't want to be bothered, a simple "not interested" will do.

Your son or daughter or next-door neighbor's daughter could very well be a telemarketer. A handicapped, wheelchair-bound person could be a telemarketer. A biker or ex-con is more likely to be a telemarketer. You really, really shouldn't (expletive) with them!

As they say in the telemarketing industry, "Have a good day Ms. Beyer!"

BigBDrugStores

Re: Those Wacky Telemarketers
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2004, 06:04:48 PM »
man i just lead them on for about 30 minutes or so and then they get pissed once is got cussed out by one after 37 minutes when i then "decided" not to buy $10,000 of euros. it was good clean fun

Acgrundy

Re: Those Wacky Telemarketers
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2004, 06:56:39 PM »
man fuck telemarketers.  I fuck with them all the time.  In fact I had one today tryna sell me all this damn sprint cellphone shit.  So the lady is goin into her fuckin sales pitch in just in the middle of it I ask "are the phones waterproof?"  and it just surprised the shit outta the lady.  then she goes on to say how dubrable they are, so I ask her again, if they are waterproof.  so she goes to talk with a manager or some shit to find out if they are.  then she gets back on the phone with some damn bullshit, so I have to ask again "ARE THE PHONES WATERPROOF?"  and then she said no, and hung up on me.