Author Topic: Israeli Soldier Repeatedly Shoots Girl to Make Sure She Was Dead  (Read 251 times)

Doggystylin

Israeli Soldier Repeatedly Shoots Girl to Make Sure She Was Dead
« on: December 09, 2004, 09:56:41 AM »
Israeli Soldier on Trial in Girl's Death

1 hour, 55 minutes ago   Middle East - AP

By LAURIE COPANS, Associated Press Writer

JERUSALEM - An Israeli soldier went on trial in a military court Thursday on charges of repeatedly shooting a 13-year-old Palestinian girl to make sure she was dead.

AP Photo

Soldiers fired at the girl, Iyman Hams, as she approached a military observation post near the Rafah refugee camp in the Gaza Strip (news - web sites) on Oct. 5. The soldiers said they thought she was planting a bomb. The girl's family said she was on her way to school.

According to the five-count indictment, the officer approached the girl after she was shot and fired two rounds at her body from close range in an outlawed practice known as "verifying the kill." He walked away, turned around and shot her again, the indictment charged.

"According to the evidence, the officer shot the body of the young Palestinian child," prosecutor Ronen Ketsev told journalists. "Under the circumstances, he had absolutely no reason to do so."

The officer also tried to persuade some of his soldiers to lie about the case, Ketsev said.

Yoav Mali, a defense attorney, denied the girl was just walking past the military post.

"She was not innocent," Mali told reporters at the court. "She was there to commit, to take part in a terrorist attack on the post or near the post."

The soldier, who has not been identified, has been charged with two counts of illegally using his weapon, and one count each of obstruction of justice, conduct unbecoming an officer and improper use of authority.

Palestinian hospital officials said the girl was shot at least 15 times, mostly in the upper body.

In four years of Israeli-Palestinian violence, hundreds of Palestinian children and teens have been killed by army fire, often in clashes between stone throwers and Israeli troops. The army rarely launches investigations into the incidents.

Israeli soldiers have become increasingly wary of Palestinian teenagers and women, after several carried out suicide bombings or transported explosives. The Rafah camp is a frequent flashpoint of fighting between soldiers and Palestinian militants.

The accused officer initially said he came under fire from Palestinian gunmen at least 300 yards away as he approached the girl's body and shot at the ground to deter the fire, a military official said. A soldier in an observation tower said the officer aimed at the girl's body, the official said.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Israeli Soldier Repeatedly Shoots Girl to Make Sure She Was Dead
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2004, 10:11:12 AM »
this sounds like the incident from the last major gazaa offensive which i geezy tried to defend

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2004, 10:14:27 AM »
Truly, these sorts of articles being posted are irrelevent and counter productive. Similiar to how C walker or Englewood post articles focusing on one particular event at a particular time under certain conditions, and making grand statements in justification. Focus on the issue at hand, namely the nature of Israels policies since its inception, this shit just puts me in a bad mood, and focuses on off topic things.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2004, 10:26:59 AM »
Well, all I gotta say is, if you're gonna do something, make sure you do it right. 

Sikotic™

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2004, 10:41:26 AM »
That was unnecessary
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2004, 02:26:59 PM »
Well, all I gotta say is, if you're gonna do something, make sure you do it right. 

Like 9/11, huh?

Thirteen

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2004, 04:57:21 PM »

Like 9/11, huh?

nah more like the 100,000's of dead iraqi's and the 100,000's killed by the first bush advising them to rise up

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2004, 08:20:54 PM »

Like 9/11, huh?

nah more like the 100,000's of dead iraqi's and the 100,000's killed by the first bush advising them to rise up

Yeah, it's a good thing that some people know the real reasons behind these wars.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2004, 08:24:38 PM »
I taught him that too. Lol
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2004, 09:34:25 PM »
Well, if you're gonna kill a little innocent girl, why leave any doubt about it, shoot her over and over again, then everybody knows your evil.  That's just my point. 

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2004, 03:35:25 AM »
Well, if you're gonna kill a little innocent girl, why leave any doubt about it, shoot her over and over again, then everybody knows your evil.  That's just my point. 

Yeah, and this is where our foreign policy flaws. We turn the blind eye when certain governments carry out "evil" acts, but take action when others do. Sometimes we even turn the blind eye for one government because of its economic relationship with ours and years later attack that country (usually when we stop benefitting financially).

Some of you might assume that I'm just speaking on Israel, but I think Saudi Arabia is just as fucked up when it comes to human rights.

Thirteen

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2004, 06:43:10 AM »
I taught him that too. Lol

you didn't teach anything, that's common fact....what you tried to do was blame bush.... i'm sure bush dreams of figgy pudding and reindeer around this time, not about the deaths of 100,000 just because he said they should do something

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2004, 06:54:36 AM »
The only  question that comes to mind though is "what was the girl doing there?" School was in the other direction.
 Those soldiers have witnessed many situations in which underaged Palesinians were carrying explosives.
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2004, 06:57:48 AM »
The only  question that comes to mind though is "what was the girl doing there?" School was in the other direction.
 Those soldiers have witnessed many situations in which underaged Palesinians were carrying explosives.

LMAO. Next time some Palestinian blows himself up and kills innocent kids, and someone tells you "what were the kids doing by the movie theater? they were ditching school and weren't supposed to be there", what would come to your mind?

Seriously, I don't understand how anyone could defend the killings of innocent KIDS. I despise Palestinians who do it, I despise Israelis who do it, I despise my own Afghans who do it, and I wouldn't stand up for anyone who carries out such an act.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2004, 07:01:02 AM by *Jamal* »

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2004, 07:22:29 AM »

LMAO. Next time some Palestinian blows himself up and kills innocent kids, and someone tells you "what were the kids doing by the movie theater? they were ditching school and weren't supposed to be there", what would come to your mind?

Seriously, I don't understand how anyone could defend the killings of innocent KIDS. I despise Palestinians who do it, I despise Israelis who do it, I despise my own Afghans who do it, and I wouldn't stand up for anyone who carries out such an act.

Im not trying to justefy nor to support the killings of innocent children, but fact remains that killing inocent children is not even a mission for the Israeli armed forces (unlike that of the Palestinian millitants), tragedies do occure  under such complex sircumstances, Israeli children don't have a history of exploding on Palestinians, The Palestinian propoganda is also known for the high prices it is willing to pay to produce the right headlines, a girl sent to a
millitarry  check point with a school beg (or even without it) isn't much of an exception....Again Im not saying that it's OK, an innocent life lost is never OK, but people here are quick to jump into conclusions and are as quick to demonise the Israeli armed forces just to fill in the missing details in that "Monsterous Israel Picture" they have in their heads.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2004, 07:24:20 AM by I TO DA GEEZY »
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?