Author Topic: The Treasures Of Egypt  (Read 321 times)

Trauma-san

The Treasures Of Egypt
« on: December 10, 2004, 12:01:06 AM »
Interesting program on Discovery tonight, as yall might know I'm a big Egyptology buff (as Is Overseer, I believe!), and they were detailing Dr. Zahi Hawass' efforts as head of the SCA in Egypt to restore the lost and pilfered treasures that have been stolen from Egypt over the centuries.

Quick rundown, basically Egyptians believed their Pharoah's (kings) were Gods, and mummified them (as well as pretty much anyone who died, rich or poor) so they would live forever with their bodies intact... the Kings were buried in pyramids, and later in the Valley Of the Kings, in elaborate tombs decorated with paintings, gold, statues, hunting equipment, everything they would need in life, for their afterlife.  Most of the tombs were pilfered, and the things from the tombs (down to the dead bodies) were sold and stolen from Egypt, all over the world.  This would be equivalent to someone digging up a U.S. president, and selling his body and jewlery he was wearing to collectors around the world. 

Anyways, Hawass is FORMALLY asking for the return of specific items that have been stolen from Egypt, and reside in museums around the world.  So far, his greatest aquisition has been that a Museum at niagra falls in Canada, had a collection of mummies, and one upon closer inspection last year, turned out to actually be the mummy of Ramses the first!  The museum that purchased the mummy donated the King's body back to Egypt, and it was floated down the Nile, and placed in the Cairo Museum, alongside Ramses's son Seti, and his Grandson, Ramses the II (which is the biblical pharoah connected with Moses). 

Anyways, some of the famous things missing from Egypt are the famous bust of Nefertiti, smuggled out of the country under false pretenses, and currently residing in the Berlin Museum... the famous Oblisk in Paris, stolen from the Luxor Temple (I believe!), and the Rosetta Stone, currently residing in the British Museum.

Do you think these things should be returned to Egypt?  Past criticism has been that Egypt can't properly care for the items, but that has changed with Hawass at the helm, they now have some of the greatest Museums in the world, and are able to conserve their items properly. 

I say bring 'em back.  Even the Oblesik, construct a replica, mount it in Paris with a medallion chronicling the generosity of the French in donating the original back to it's rightful place outside the Temple Luxor. 

Don Seer

Re: The Treasures Of Egypt
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2004, 01:59:07 AM »

dont washingtong, london and paris all have obelisks?

arent they all also aligned in relation to other things to create "the city of the sun" on earth

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2004, 03:42:40 AM »
I think they should be brought back to Egypt.

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2004, 05:08:12 AM »

dont washingtong, london and paris all have obelisks?

arent they all also aligned in relation to other things to create "the city of the sun" on earth

I'm not sure about that.  i'm not trying to downplay America's involvement in it, but I've never heard of a city of the sun design like that, you've been reading that cooky fringe shit again.  LOL

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2004, 05:12:04 AM »
Oh, Damn... I just realized you were talking about the Washington Monument.  Man of course we BUILT that, that doesn't really have anything to do with the discussion.  The building of the Washington Monument took years, as well, and wasn't in any sort of plan to represent anything other than a Monument to perhaps our GREATEST president, General George Washington.  This is the man who could have been King, but for the advancement of the People's Republic, cast away all that power and STEPPED DOWN after his term was up.  Great man, one of the most important figures in the founding of freedom as we know it today around the world. 

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2004, 05:26:25 AM »
Whoa! I found a site that lists the missing Obelisks, all were originally created by the Egyptians, then moved. 

One by Tutomosis III was moved from the temple at Karnak, to Alexandria, then to the Istanbul Hippodrome.

Another by Tutomosis III was moved from the temple at Karnak, to Rome, where it stands in the Plaza di San Giovani in Laterano.

TWO more by Tutomosis III were moved from Heliopolis to Alexandria, with one eventually going to Central Park in New York, and another to the Victoria Embankment in London.

One by King Ramses II, and started by his Father Seti, was moved from Heliopolis, to Rome, in the Plaza del Popolo

Another by Ramses II, was moved from Heliopolis, to Rome, and stands in the Plaza Del Rotunda

It's pair, was moved from Heliopolis and stands in Rome's Villa Celimontana

Another by Ramses II was moved from Heliopolis, to Rome's Vialie Della Terme

It's pair, was moved from Heliopolis, and stands in Florence, at the  Boboli Gardens

Another by Ramses II was moved from the Temple of Luxor (where the twin still stands) to the Place de la Concorde in London

One by Psammetikos II was moved from heliopolis to the Plaza De Monticitorio in Rome

A pair by Apries was moved from Sais to Rome in the Plaza Della Minerva, and the other ended up in Urbino, at the Plaza Del Rinascimento

One by Ptolemaios IX was moved from Philae Island, to the United Kingdom, and stands at the Kingston Lacy House

One stands in Rome's St. Peter's Square, but noone knows where it came from, it may be Native to Italy. 

Another pair was stolen in ancient times from Egypt, and erected at the Tomb of Emperor Agustus in Rome, then later split up, with one at the Plaza del Quirinale, and the other at the plaza del Esquilino... this pair, however, was created when Egypt was controlled by the Romans, and likely built, BY the Romans, IN Egypt.

There are 3 more, but all built by Romans IN Egypt, so trying to get them returned is questionable, they don't even know where they used to stand. 

Don Seer

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2004, 05:54:45 AM »
george washington was a 33rd degree freemason..

if you take the central axis of each city i mentioned before and overlay them.. they all have alignments related to the equinoxs.. and have obelisks (original, or ancient) at the same reference point relative to that alignment... they are following some kind of plan which appears to be based upon the "tree of life".

btw.. yes i am part way through that book Talisman I've mentioned before.. cooky fringe shit.. lol..

"obelisks and freemasonry"

http://www.freemasonrywatch.org/obelisks_freemasonry.html

btw lmao at the vibrator pic..

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2004, 07:06:42 AM »
Oh, Damn... I just realized you were talking about the Washington Monument.  Man of course we BUILT that, that doesn't really have anything to do with the discussion.  The building of the Washington Monument took years, as well, and wasn't in any sort of plan to represent anything other than a Monument to perhaps our GREATEST president, General George Washington.  This is the man who could have been King, but for the advancement of the People's Republic, cast away all that power and STEPPED DOWN after his term was up.  Great man, one of the most important figures in the founding of freedom as we know it today around the world. 
great man he was all for feedom for all except when it came to black slaves bit of a contradiction don't u think?

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

rafsta

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2004, 11:01:51 AM »
i been to egypt like 3 months ago... i think that the shit should stay where it is, fuck givin it back to egypt.

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2004, 04:56:24 PM »
O, you really believe that shit? Crazy, I thought you were more intelligent than that. 

rafsta

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2004, 05:20:31 PM »
O, you really believe that shit? Crazy, I thought you were more intelligent than that. 

if u talkin to me, i do know what im sayin i been there... let other countries see some shit too, they got the sphinx the pyramids, tutankhamens treasures, theres no need to get greedy. everything thats missin they got replicas for anyway... they just beein greedy if u ask me.

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2004, 09:07:01 PM »
No, I wasn't talking to you.  That's your opinion, though, I understand both sides of it.  I think the originals should be in Egypit, though, and the replicas elsewhere.  It's a strange debate, though, so I respect people that feel either way. 

rafsta

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2004, 06:51:57 AM »
No, I wasn't talking to you.  That's your opinion, though, I understand both sides of it.  I think the originals should be in Egypit, though, and the replicas elsewhere.  It's a strange debate, though, so I respect people that feel either way. 

in black and white they should have it, but its not ancient egyptians that live in egypt, it has no significance to their religion, its all money... egyptians are very money hungry, its one of the friendliest places i been to but for the wrong reasons... its the fakest country you will ever visit (the impression an australian tourist got) theyre actual mentality may be different to what i saw, i feel bad for it, but i developed a dislike to the nation because of a 2 week stay, and develloped a dislike to the culture (it may be my lack of understanding of the people) i would never visit an arabic country again after my stay there  :-\ ... i do not believe they deserve the original artifacts from ancient egypt.... and dont start callin me racist, i live in australia, the second most multi cultural nation in the world, i have friends from all sides of the world and i get along fine with them.